Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Important Game Service Changes

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nexon...40587092623513

2. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I remember reading that Nexon EU runs Combat Arms, maybe they're closing duplicates between EU and NA?

3. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

So all EU MS accounts will be transfered to NA? that is the only issue I see since outside of all asian countries GMS is the fastest to keep up with Korean updates.

Once again, the Global MS name makes more sense.

4. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Interesting bit of mental nougat.

If that's the case, feels like there might be a return of European players to GMS.
    I mean those who don't have legacy accounts that were made before the splitting off for another region. I'd be open for checking out any new bits that were brought in with merging the two regions.

Hoping to get Veracent and additional options for a bloody nice change of pace. But perhaps it is a dream to see the content become available.

5. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

This brings to mind two distinct mergers that happened with Maple in the past.

First, when Hong Kong MS was absorbed by Taiwan MS. Hong Kong got a pretty huge patch which caught it up to Taiwan, and then I don't really know what happened after that, I assume they combined the data from both versions.

Second, when Thailand MS was absorbed by SEA. They just shut it down and told the players to play on SEA from then on (AsiaSoft didn't meet Nexon's demands for the renewal of Thai MS, which included a transition to a full English client as well as wiping character data, so players were really screwed either way).

6. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Ha! I totally saw this coming.
    Nexon NA's recent inclusion of EU regions in Dirty Bomb, GITS: FAO, Riders of Icarus, and LawBreakers (Mabinogi, too) was a major hint that they're focusing on NxA becoming the only publishing arm for both NA + EU. They threw me off when they announced a merger with Combat Arms, with the EU game becoming the "main" game. Then again, CA NA had a severely low population and the EU game was doing decently. EMS hadn't had an update in 6 months (though they just started to tease Kinesis for some reason???), and they've been only doing events after events for the past 6 months. That definitely started to raise my suspicions (6 months of inactivity seem to be the gold standard timeframe for Nexon to begin to merge or terminate game service). That and the recent network and Nexon Game Platform maintenance we had.

I'm curious to see how this will affect Nexon EU games that don't already have a version in NA. I know they said they'll merge it into NA, but I wonder if they're going to keep the same game popularity standards that they had with NA games. If they did, I'm sure War Rock would shut down about as quickly as Sudden Attack did. Combat Arms would once again be in the bubble (if CA EU didn't exist, I was positive it would've shut down instead of merging). I wonder how this will affect Counter Strike Nexon Zombies, too since I don't think Valve would be okay with having a CS game from another publisher in the NA market.

PS:
    United Eleven is shutting down. http://united11.nexoneu.com/en/notic...n-information/
    And Dekaron is being transferred to another publisher. http://en.dekaron.nexoneu.com/NXEU.a...s/Current_News
    Combat Arms: Line of Sight no longer published by NxE (no word yet if devs are going to a different publisher): http://calineofsight.nexoneu.com/en/
    CALOS will be self-published by the devs (it also looks like they're dropping the Combat Arms brand in the name). https://www.facebook.com/LineOfSightGlobal/
    Last edited by maplefreak26; 2016-05-09 at 05:45 PM.

7. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

So if EMS merges with GMS, let's see if Nexon's customer service gets worse.

8. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

How bad is the customer service of EMS?

9. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Supposedly, it's worse than GMS.

10. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I hope if they fuse both servers we get europe's exclusive content veracent, tomatina, queen's day, between other things

11. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I just want to be able to play MS legitly from where I am now.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I never jumped ship to EMS so hopefully this means future content will be more tailored to different time zones. Not that I play much anymore though. They should have just never split it in the first place.

13. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I think this is the only good part of this whole thing. There will me more events to hold (and reuse) every year.

14. Electron Male
    IGN: ArchMageSjon
    Server: Kradia EMS
    Level: 200
    Job: Arch Mage (I,L)
    Guild: BlackRoses
    Alliance: JustHaveFun
    netherlands

Actuatally, Mostly I am getting a respond within 3 hours. The maximum time in EMS was 48 hours for me for a respond. And in GMS I sent one ticket and it took 2 weeks.

I Hope we will get Beast Tamer and Dawnveil. in EMS. 0
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2016-05-10 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Use the edit button or the multiquote button, don't double post.

15. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Like @Grey; mentions, the language thing might be an issue. Does EMS allow characters in IGNs that GMS doesn't?
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2016-05-11 at 08:25 AM.

16. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

If I recall correctly players in EMS can use accents.

17. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Chances are likely that if EMS and GMS get the merge it will be same way as it happened in CA a year ago.

No. Supposedly is better.

One of the few things that NexonEU does better than NA is customer support as usually they answer between 5 minutes and 48 hours at most and are pretty user-friendly.

18. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

interesting. will have to wait to see what happens.

as for fusing their content, seems likely that they will just add the EMS chars to the GMS servers and probably won't take the EMS content in the first instance. maybe they will copy some of it over later if they feel like it or if enough people beg for it.

19. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I actually wasn't referring to how fast they respond, but how they address certain issues (like Kannas using Kishin to glitch a map being a bannablw offense.)

20. Electron Male
    IGN: ArchMageSjon
    Server: Kradia EMS
    Level: 200
    Job: Arch Mage (I,L)
    Guild: BlackRoses
    Alliance: JustHaveFun
    netherlands

Yes you can. But the ß wasn't if I remember correctly á í ñ and so on can.