Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I wonder if Brazilians wouldn't have the IP blocked in GMS anymore , and also the Europeans too

2. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I think the merge is more or less confirmed now. EMS has just taken the Kinesis spotlight video from GMS and only make a slight change in it. Note the copyright notice at the end.

3. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Don't think this was posted anywhere yet:
    http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/art...x?idx=11006479

4. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

what happens to people with duplicate names

5. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

Are they actually merging the two games or just putting them on one launcher?

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Just putting them on one launcher.

7. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

EMS & Vindictus will merge with GMS & NxA's Vindictus respectively later this year in a later step of this migration process.

http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Map...=view&uid=6487
    https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread...-FAQ%E2%80%99s

8. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

It's happening.

I'm guessing stuff like Supreme server medals might get removed, but things like additional options are too integrated and widespread to get rid of, so additional options for us, maybe? Then again, they (extra stats on items) seem to be well tracked, so they could probably strip items of additional options.

I don't think we'll have to worry about IGNs, I believe on SEA, you could have the same name across their two gateways (which I believe is what they're doing here?, and that didn't become a problem until the two gateways merged and then they had to deal with duplicate IGNs).

I'm wondering if GMS will now have a multilanguage client (if EMS still has such a thing), and how that would affect the speed of getting future content updates, perhaps there are more people, from EMS, who can focus just on doing translations.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Interesting.

I wonder how the server select page will differentiate GMS Kradia from EMS Kradia.

They're keeping the servers separate, so theoretically they could keep their additional options, >15 stars, and other differences from GMS. But that "a few EU only system and items will be removed and compensation will be made where necessary" is not promising.

Edit:

10. Default Re: Important Game Service Changes

I'm guessing when you log in, you can choose either North American or European servers, and then you select the world you would want to play in, like how SEA used to have one set of Malaysian servers and one set of Singaporean servers.

I'm sure new players will still get confused and wonder if the two Kradias are the same, though. And I think they also have Demethos?