Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Taiwan MapleStory is just one step away from Heroes of Maple blockbuster, but they announce that they will be having an update which might be of interest to everyone:

An update dedicated for regional (no longer) exclusive classes? I wonder what they are going to roll out this time...

THE LEGEND UNFOLDS, DIS ISH THE CHEWREN OF FIVE STARS !!! ignore me.
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 2016-05-06 at 10:34 AM.

2. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Is that dragon warrior on the right..? If it is... why even add jett lol.

3. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Any more information? or Just a picture?

4. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

I thought he was called Zen. In addition, it's likely to showcase this will be on our servers too.

5. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Dragon Warrior, Jett, Zen take your pick.

6. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Are they releasing all 5 jobs in that server? Jett if far cooler to me than Zen, but that aside I suppose they are just giving players 2 skill appareances to choose from for free?.

As a guy that mains BT (whenever I come back to MS) she has so many problems I wish someone will ever fix. I once expressed she could easily represent maple (like that girl Mika or w.e kinda does for MS2) if her animals were swapped for Yeti, Wild Kargo, Mushroom and *insert your favorite flying mob here*. Maybe some day, when GMS is long gone and KMS is still up they will make my dream come true and FIX HER :P.

7. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Actually, TMS has all 5 jobs already (yeah, Zen and Jett both).
    In response to the rest of the thread, I don't see us getting this unless we get Zen, which I don't see happening.

8. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Unless they are going to revamp all 5 of these classes (in preparation for 5th job maybe...) that would end up making both the Dragon Warrior/Zen and Jett unique from each other...but I'm just guessing...

In terms of information, is the image the only thing given?

Could this be related to China MapleStory's test server update that Spadow posted awhile ago:

This can also might be a blockbuster update consisting of these characters...

9. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Oh boy... if Jett AND Zen are together, definately there is a BIG revamp on one of them and the other will get even more changes. Maybe Zen will be closed combat oriented and Jett the ranged one?

Also, Hayato and Kanna getting more buffs and Beast Tamer is there too...

Also... JMS is supposed to release Ayame a long time ago since she was a well received dungeon class. What happened to her?

Also that means something...

Just like Adventurers, Knights of Cygnus, Heroes, Resistance and Nova, maybe it's time to release the Foreigner faction?

10. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

The Black Mage would just build a wall around Maple, to make it great again.

In all seriousness, I am hoping JMS is able to release their 3rd class, specially for a non-KMS related class update. I liked what I saw in the themed dungeon.

11. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

This. They have this skill in their beginner skill tab which allows you to swap the skill appearances from Zen to Jett and vice versa.

So I managed to get some clues from the latest CMST patch. Turns out that they are given the name "Acorn Detective Team".

Below are some of the images relevant to this update. *Alert: Image Heavy*

Spoiler

12. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

I hope this is really good. Jett is honestly one of my favorite classes and I hope this breathes light into her.

13. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

This seems to be a new dungeon or Blockbuster featuring the version exclusive classes. There's a couple of new BGMs for the content.

Two more

14. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

I thought I read that the dungeon was basically a test course and that it didnt do to well for testing? Atleast I thought I read that here.

15. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

Ayame would be weird as a class unless there was more to her. I really hope they do add her and the other Sengoku classes soon.

This I'm interested in though. Does anyone know if any of the classes were revamped with this? Is there any video currently avaliable for viewing?

16. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

An interesting thing to note: GMS will be getting this content as well.

There is localized text for JP, CN, TW and GL regions.

17. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

So GMS is getting Zen?

18. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

It is not necessary for GMS to get Zen first before they get this content.

TWMS (who was the origin server of Zen besides CMS) did not actually get Jett and made it a separate job branch. Instead, what they did was (refer to videos below):

- releasing a new story line detailing the meet up of Zen with Jett, which is seemingly related to Resistance (can be done by everyone since the story line is a new quest itself),
    - releasing a new theme dungeon exclusive for Zen (where inside you transform yourself to Jett and experience her unfinished storyline where she seek her revenge and kill Burke with the aid of Resistance),
    - assigning a new skill which I have stated above where Zen can freely change his skill appearance to that of Jett back and forth.

So if GMS ever get this update from TWMS, you may expect the reverse version of it and similarly, Zen will get his revenge as well on the emperor who killed his father.

For the upcoming blockbuster itself, you don't need to be one of the featured classes to play this content. It works exactly like Black Heaven, where you assist them in their quest to ___________ (putting blank here because nobody will ever know what this is all about until TWMS got it tomorrow).

On the other hand, I have a feeling that this entire Acorn detective thing is initiated by Beast Tamer, judging from the name of this team ("Acorn") and also I cannot not help but instantly relate to Chase, assuming that she's the one who sings the ba ba ba la pa pa pa ba portion of the music

19. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

seems like jett and beast tamer are the mc of this story

20. Default Re: [TMS] The New Adventure Tales of MapleStory

From what I can tell from the video, Beast Tamer, being the organizer of the detective team, embarks upon the quest with other in search of animals in Arboren who went missing and rescue them.

The hooded guy, the villain of this story is believed to be the culprit behind the missing animals. And yeah, the usual "dark aura surrounding maple world".

Never mind, this is the official storyline. Courtesy to x3TheAran59.

> The first party theme dungeon where players of all levels (> lvl 33) can participate in! (something like ursus?)
    > All the difficult obstacles of the world are in this Hyperspace cube theme dungeon!
    > A multiple of challenges! New concept double boss! (What the heck is this? Probably means you have to take care lots of things when confronting this 'boss'. Which boss is not following this concept these days lol?)

This is not a blockbuster content. Most probably a filler patch before HoM.