Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 5th job to be released this year.

As you may know, there was a MS conference a few hours ago. I'm not quite into the details since it took place not so long ago, but 5th job was revealed to be released this year.

2. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

I believe this is correct

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Confirmed by my ally who had inside sources at the conference.

Since this is something they were allowed (read: encouraged) to share, I'm sure more confirmations will be pouring in until an official announcement.

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.
    (Which is to say, I believe they intend to have 5th job out this year. It's their ability to actually get it done on time and with decent quality that I question.)
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2016-03-21 at 07:36 AM.

4. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

5th job pineapples with my brain.

As a Luminous you're able to use one of the strongest (supposedly) skills the Black Mage is able to cast, does this mean Luminous shall surpass the black mage ??
    Sure he has many other skills but god damn YOU'RE ABLE TO USE ONE OF HIS SKILLS AND I DON'T THINK WE'VE SEEN ANYTHING ELSE, in fact two of his skills are usable (But we all know dat spear is weak just teleport out of it lel), original lumi magic on its way lol?
    I can already see it, Apocalypse Upgrade - Hurricane (Like shown in the fight between the black mage and luminous).
    Hope Nexon won't pineapple it up.

5. ᗧ ᗣ ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Too late. (For me anyway)

They said they were working on it 3-4 years ago (?). Instead they decided to waste their time and ideas on more lackluster classes.

6. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

I'm interested to see how they handle it (since for a while it seemed hyper skills were supposed to 'replace' 5th job or something), but it won't get me to play again.

7. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Yup. It was confirmed in 2013, but eventually development was temporarily halted. As expected since a few years have passed.
    New content along with 5th job will be created. Just like Leafre and 4th job.

I wonder when this will be available in the test server. Back then, 4th job (with a lot less classes) was in the test server for approximately six months, so that users could leave feedback and concerns. Now, we have a game with a lot more classes...

8. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

With a lot more skills, maybe 1 year? There got be a HUGE amount of things to work with around 36 classes
    EDIT: i wonder if everyon will need to get skills like 4 job, since 4 job was the ultimate skill for every character, same might apply for 5 job ;
    I remember needing to get Genesis, it was loong but for the best skill for bishops was worth the time.

9. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Wow, this is definitely some big news. I'm sure the development team has been pondering over 5th job for a long time. That being said, it would be interesting to know what stage of development they're on.

Nexon usually prepares two major updates per year: one in the summer and one in the winter. Recent releases have been more scattered with the Blockbusters, but the general layout is still there. I wonder if it's possible for them to aim for a summer release at this point. With 3 months of testing, it would be significantly shorter than the 4th job release, but it's certain they'll have more resources at their disposal compared to 10 years ago.

If it's not the summer, then I'll place my bets for the winter update. Do we know how summer updates compare to winter updates from a marketing standpoint? One must be more beneficial than the other (bigger audience, less competition, etc.).

10. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

It's summer updates that are usually larger ones. They've also been using a new system of testing for a while now, so normal servers can test the content too, hence why test patches are only 1 week and no blockbusters act in tespia data.

As for me, I am a huuuge fan of what they've been doing especially since Shining Star update, I believe they can do the right thing.

11. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

I can only speculate at what kind of hurricane attack bow master will get in 5th job.. Maybe the ability to set up multiple turrets? All I know is they'll for sure give some sort of hurricane upgrade.

12. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

I really expect some kind of arrow rain , i thinked marksmans could ''load'' arrows(crossbows resemble guns since they can have x arrows loaded and shoot then kind fast sometimes), and maybe some big xbow to shoot larger distances?

13. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Yea, Imma believe it when I see it too. Not the first time they had "delay" things further, even with a set date. If it is true, it's going to be a Winter update

14. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Nope 5th wont be happening not with the recent patch/update

base on the current dmg cap increase which is very tiny most class only increase dmg cap by 1/4 65mil is most the avg dmg cap

if 5th job is coming this year they need to increase dmg cap to 200mil or higher cuz it way too easy to hit cap

i bet with 5th job you can almost hit cap w/o funded gear just avg decent gear can hit cap with 5th job

5th job will be boring and waste of time if the dmg cap remain the same

15. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Well then you are in luck because they want to remove damage cap.

"4. 맥스데미지 제한에 대한 의견은?

답변 : 사실상 RPG게임에서 맥스데미지가 있다는 거 자체가 말이

안된다고 생각한다. 이부분에 대해서 모든 유저가 많이 민감한 부분

이라는것을 충분히 인지하고 있다. 추후 5차전직 업데이트가 진행

되면서 맥스데미지는 도달할 수 없도록 개발예정이다. "

"4. Thoughts on Max damage cap?

A: It makes no sense to me to have a max damage cap in an RPG. We recognize this is a controversial issue with our players. We hope to remove the damage cap with the 5th job update"

http://www.insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=bbs12&no=707

16. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

Soon people will be able to do all their weekly bosses in less than 45min

17. Default Re: 5th job to be released this year.

(not knowledgeable in the field but..) I wonder if it's viable to re-code the whole game while they're at it to clean-up whatever coding conflicts they have that causes bugs and glitches (just like how they did it in big bang) or is that inevitable with the way the client communicates with servers.