1. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

It's about 5.83. It's slower than Hurricane. Check with Battle Analysis.

2. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

If anyone was wondering, that's 350 shots a minute (5.83 hit/s), down from 500 a minute (8.33 hit/s). Effectively a 30% decrease in DPS contribution from platter. It could be that they want to shift the DPS contribution back to the user? Didn't read all the changes for that...

Hadriel

3. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

It's not 8.33 hits per second, that's for sure. Hurricane fires approximately 22% times faster according to Battle Analysis. Checking back on myself through Battle Statistics, Platter's not 5.83 hits per second, but actually around a flat 7 hits per second.

Meaning, it's around 420 shots a minute (7 hits/s) in GMS, and 300 shots a minute (5 hits/s) in KMSt, which would give us a 29% decrease in DPS.

The Hurricane split hyper is increased from 65% of Hurricane's skill damage per arrow to 75%, effectively going from a total (both shots added up) of GMS current 429% damage to 495%, a 14% increase in DPS...but wait, there's more: 1) less reliance on Platter, therefore more DPS stability, 2) and don't forget our earlier buffs in the September Rebalancing patches:

1) Hurricane hyper goes from 25% to 30% (not sure the DPS increase on this due to it being total damage or whatever)
    2) Platter increases from 140% to 175% (20% DPS increase!)
    3) Mortal Blow now after 9 attacks the next attack will have its damage increased by 80% (not sure how to calculate this, but it's a pretty good increase)

tl;dr: September Rebalancing (likely our next patch) boosts us by 20% from Platter alone and then some more. Then we get this, which is a 15% decrease in DPS, but overall more stability, but still stronger than we are currently in GMS.

At the end of the day with this patch, unless if you're completely capping, this will be a buff.

Considering the amount of impact increasing the damage cap does, I'm assuming we'll probably get another KMSt patch this week.

4. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Let's supose you 900 hits in a boss, and the avarage hit in hurricane(each hit) is 25m, that's total of 22,5b;
    Now if you do a extra 80% every 9 hits, means that 90 hits will have extra 80%, 25m+80%=45m, 45x90=4,05b with the rest of the hits(810x25=20,25b) a total of 24,3b.
    That's 8% extra damage, might not seens much, but it does help and can be quite a lot, there's other changes as well, maybe it would apply to arrow platter, than it can explain the nerf on it's speed(besides it might being OP?).
    Edit: marksmans had a 1% increase in the passive they got in KMS , same for activing final attack, around 1% or less .
    Edit2: also will the Wild Hunter card(%chance to incrase %damage) stack with new marksman passive?

5. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

There's an official server patch tomorrow so the finalized changes will probably be coming with it.

6. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Finally KMS is using YouTube videos to their full extent.
    This was really well done and entertaining without much BS, and well cut to the cheese, this is how you YouTube Nexon America lmao (I mean at least she's doing that 70m damage while in GMS they do like 1m or something so lol this showcases the new damage cap at the same time).
    Really liked the event preview section too.

7. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

For any of you who enjoyed Nexon's messup and accidental inclusion of the pdb file way back in the day, well, congrats. They did it again (that's also why this patch is so huge, because that file makes up about 95% (guesstimate) of this patch size). They added a /backup folder and it included those files in this patch. They removed it in the 1.2.31 KMST patch (and that's why the 31 patch happened so quickly after this), but this patch file still exists on their servers.

So, if you know what to do with it, have fun, I guess?

(sorry for the bump)

8. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

Wish I had seen this earlier. File is gone now.

9. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

Thank you, sir. =)

10. Idiot. Male
    California

It's a debug file that can help developers debug their program.

But in this case, for this leak, it gives MS private server developers a huge leg up when updating (they know what is being sent back and forth between the server and the client, and then they can replicate that on their server). It might help hackers as well into finding potential exploits, but that's a bit of a stretch. For Southperrians, it can help us info that isn't in the WZ (formulas, and etc.)
    But most importantly, this is probably the closest we will probably ever get to an actual leak of the MapleStory client's source code.

11. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

Interesting. Have you guys discovered anything this time around?

12. Idiot. Male
    California

I'm not capable enough for the pdb to have any use for me so I don't know, sorry. :( Maybe someone else who knows what they're doing found something neat?

13. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.30

This is why NexAm doesn't like us

Do not take it on me please :(