1. Default Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...wed%26nxid%3D6

If it had been up to me, I would have restricted use of the topic after the first couple of threads and kept one open so it could be used for chatting.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-05-07 at 06:24 PM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

To be honest, I don't understand Nexon's game with that.
    The reason for banning discussion of it is not because it's not going to happen, but because the endlessly repeated threads are upsetting to the forum regulars.
    Nexon could just have said, "Not happening," and let those forum regulars quote that at any new (or old) person who brings up the idea.
    But they refuse to do that.
    Why?

3. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

the gloating is sickening.

4. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

Yeah, real nice to ban discussion on a topic because a bunch of whiny regulars didn't like seeing it - and what's worse is he locked the thread so that no one can even debate the decision. How is this okay? Michael needs to get his pomegranate together. That whole board does. Doesn't help that certain people over there (you all know exactly who i mean) constantly hump Nexon's legs on these horrible ideas and decisions they make on a regular basis.

5. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

blizzard did it so we should too

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

He did leave the thread open initially, but it got ugly fast.

That forum does need a rest from that topic, that's for sure.

(Not that we handle it better when it comes up... "pikamemnon thread", anyone?)

7. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

Even with the pikamemnon meme, we still at least provide counter arguments - Nexon wants to outright stop all discussion from occurring, legitimate or not. Doesn't matter that the thread got "ugly" fast, people were still having an actual discussion in that thread, and he just cut it off. Debate is not intrinsically bad, why is it considered negative by so many?

8. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

'Debate' and 'argument' have similarly gained negative connotations over the years because people don't like differing viewpoints or having their sensitive feelings hurt.
    Those with power can choose to silence whoever, whenever, just because they don't like an opinion. Nexon has always abused power to silence users. Any negativity or criticism on forums? Banned.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Talking about how to improve the game implies there are problems with the game. Maplestory is doubleplusgood. Thoughtcrime is death.

10. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...255%26nxid%3D6

He would rather ban a subject that isn't actually wrong or harmful to discuss than punish problematic users/rulebreakers.

11. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

One of these days I'm going to post on the suggestions subforum for them to delete said subforum, because they clearly don't give two pomegranates about it.

12. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

For once i tought nexon has finnaly changed after all these years, when they didn't ban ppl who abused the hunting event, i saw i was wrong, and now i just see it again

13. Default Re: Discussion of Old Maplestory has been outlawed on the official forums

The closing of the thread seemed to be very poorly timed.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-05-11 at 08:14 AM.