Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Clarification for Hunter's Club

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post12431280

2. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

"It's okay to cheat as long as you don't think it significantly impacts the balance of the game"

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta

Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

Excuse me, I need to throw up.

4. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

I can't wait to see the pomegranate storm that follows this one. Cheating is apparently perfectly okay as long as it doesn't significantly affect the "economy", or Nexon's wallets, I suppose. Pathetic.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta

Cheating is perfectly OK as long as Nexon is too lazy, stupid, or incompetent to find and punish the cheaters.

There is absolutely no excuse not to remove their items. I can understand "we can't ban a significant portion of the playerbase", but allowing cheaters to keep whatever they managed to acquire is absurd.

6. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

oh i see so I know what to do next time

7. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

Relevant or nah?

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I like the Glenn Beck version, it's funnier.

9. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

LOL
    ""Are items being removed?"
    • No. Due to the nature of the bug in this particular instance, we will not be removing the items. Despite players being able to complete these quests an infinite number of times due to this bug, the overall balance of the game was not significantly impacted. "

Or they can admit that it's too time consuming and they're lazy? If any cash shop item (that didn't impact the game economy) could be obtained from that exploit, we'd be seeing a massive ban-fest right now.

10. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I don't really see how people cheating to get best in slot equips doesn't effect the overall balance of the game.

11. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

This makes sense because the overall balance of the game is based on hackers. So if they can hack any boss within the time limit then it doesn't effect the balance 8^)

12. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

Reading the official forums response is just great. Everyone is going to be on board for the next exploit in an event.

13. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

Well, can you blame them? Nexon just outright admitted they condone cheating and that nothing will be done to anyone. I honestly feel like everyone SHOULD take advantage of whatever exploit gets found next just to prove a point. I can understand not banning people for this, but there is literally no reason not to remove the ill-gotten items.

14. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

Yeah what are they going to do anyways? Ban players and give them a 12th chance? They give cheaters a "second' chance every year.

15. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜ì°
    Alliance: 깜ì°qkff
    Farm: ì—ë””

So can someone clarify what this is about?

16. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

The hunter's club event was supposed to have a daily limit of doing the quest only 8 times per day. However there was a glitch where you could repeat the quest an infinite number of times. This of course meant exploiters had way more chances to get the good equipment than normal players that did not abuse the glitch.

17. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

It's actually a little worse than that - as far as I know, you could have as many instances of the quest as you wanted running simultaneously (or as many as your client can handle, because the kill-counter quests seem to lag the pomegranate out of the game).

18. Default Re: Clarification for Hunter's Club

this just makes me even more salty seeing half the people in my server with a rifle bullet and me without pomegranate

i'm abusing the pineapple out of the next event exploit there is