Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Notice] Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

1. Default Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//7663/

2. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

Oh pomegranate! Does this mean CWKPQ will be updated to fit modern times?!(ala all classes work) I hope so! This could be awesome!

3. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

But will the updated pq keep the rewards? Or make them even better? Hopefully this doesn't turn into another guild PQ and won't be rereleased for x amount of years.

4. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

It says later this year so I'm thinking maybe during the last of the Masteria Through Time Update

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

I don't like what this implies: that the "modern day" Masteria maps will be replaced with "Masteria through time" maps.

I thought the whole idea of time travel is so we can keep the original content intact while "expanding" on it.

But if they're replacing the Keep...

6. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

I hadn't even thought of that... but that is an excellent point to bring up - if this is a time portal-esque scenario, then why are the modern day maps changing?

7. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

Oh, I thought this was permanent. That's a relief.
    I can't wait to see it though.

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

The closure of the MTS "wasn't permanent" either...
    and the last time CWKPQ was closed, it was for over a year.

hm...
    buy up all the taos, maplers. we might be seeing another use for them besides the usual Fiona crafting.

9. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

But they did confirm it's returning later this year, they just didn't say when.

10. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

This is disappointing. Not sure why they couldn't just keep the old version and not change it until that future patch. If something new replaced something old, then what's wrong with making it so that the new stuff can still work with legacy stuff?

11. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

You don't even need to do CWKPQ to get Taos, you can jsut do the trade-in quest for Joko and you can get the tao's fairly easily.

12. Trump minus th money

who can be sure that they won't be changing that?

13. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

While true, all they've said is that they're shutting down CWKPQ right now. And if they do change things, who's to say they wont flatout remove the exchange quest again so that you can't even make the current items with taos anyways? Nobody really knows but we can hopefully infer that they're only shutting down CWKPQ for now.

14. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I really hope that the party quest doesn't stay shut down for an absurd amount of time this time around. I also hope they use this time to fix the bugs it has currently (sigils not working like they are supposed, inability to use some movement type skills in the jump quest section, and how newer classes are counted towards entry (non-mages being counted as mages or not being counted at all etc).

15. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

I think it's safer to assume that it's gone with Nexon America.

16. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I know, but I can still hope. I won't be surprised if they decide to never bring it back though.

17. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

Hope they update it when it's re-released. I'm glad they're doing something with it, I never do CWKPQ at all. Not as much of value is being lost as people make it out to seem. I just hope they stick to their word and actually do release it again this year.

18. Trump minus th money

It's a good source of Banana Graham Pie and ssiwss cheese, and Gelt Chocolates, which can't be obtained anywhere else. It's also the exclusive source of the elemental staves in Reboot.
    So yes, much of value is being lost.

so what, I'm always cynical.

19. Default Re: Crimsonwood Keep PQ Closure

Everybody here is being really cynical. It says it will be released later this year because the update wasn't ready. Just chill