IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default How much %pdr do you atually need?

I have 91%pdr in my marksman, and i was whiling to reset my hyper stat since marksman already have %pdr from passive and snipe, and how much %pdr is enough for most bosses?
    Do 100%pdr make me pass the elemental decrease?

2. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Empress and Chaos Von Bon have 100% PDR, Hard Magnus and Chaos Crimson Queen have 120% PDR, Chaos Pink Bean and his statues have 180%, Chaos Vellum and Lotus have 300% PDR, and basically every other boss has less than 100%. How much Ignore DEF you need depends on what bosses you want to do.

You need at least 67% Ignore DEF to do more than 1 damage on the 300% PDR bosses (because that's the minimum it takes to reduce their PDR to 99%, meaning you would do 1% of your damage).

At ~67%, 100% PDR bosses have 33% PDR (you do 67% of your damage), 120% PDR bosses have ~40% PDR (you do 60% of your damage), 180% PDR bosses have ~60% PDR (you do 40% of your damage), and like I said above, 300% PDR bosses have ~99% (you do 1% of your damage).

I've seen people recommend you have 93% Ignore DEF, which means you would do 93% of your damage on 100% PDR bosses, ~92% on 120% PDR bosses, ~87% on 180% PDR bosses, and ~80% on 300% PDR bosses. If you're fine doing less damage, you can have less than 93%, and if you don't plan on doing Chaos Vellum or Lotus, then I wouldn't worry that much about it getting to 93%.

And no, Ignore DEF has no effect on elemental resistance.

3. ★☆★☆★ Straight Male
    IGN: Dragon
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 220
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Mode
    Alliance: Superior
    Farm: Lock
    usa

Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Awesome explanation Grey!

4. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Also, Dorothy has 250% PDR/MDR.

5. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

If i have more than 93%, would i hit more than 93%damage on 100%pdr?

6. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Yes, your damage will continue to increase as you approach 100% Ignore DEF and 100% of your damage. You'll need greater amounts of Ignore DEF for much smaller increases in damage, so it's up to you if it's worth it.

7. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Also, what's the math about PDR? like every x pdr would increase your damage by y in a boss with 120% and it goes on.

8. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

First you need to calculate how much PDR you need to do any damage to it, so in your 120% example you need to ignore 20%. 20% (amount you want to ignore)/120%(total PDR) gives you 16.67%. After that you multiply 100-that percentage (so 100-16.67 = 0.833) by the defense the monster has to see how much damage it resists. In this case it would ignore 0.833 * 120 = 99.96% damage so you'd do 0.04%. After that instead of 16.67% ignore you'd use 18% or whatever amount of defense ignore you want instead. Then you can start changing the 120% to whatever defense the monster has and start from the beginning if you want to change monsters.

The core concept is that of diminishing marginal returns - the more defense ignore you have, the less an additional point of defense ignore will increase your damage by, as Grey said.

9. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Question:

Using Chaos Vellum as an example, with 300% PDR, having 67% Ignore Def would mean the player is hitting 1% of his regular damage on the boss.
    So if a player is hitting cap damage of 50m with just 67% Ignore Def, does it means his original damage is effectively 5b per line?

10. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

it's impossible because his damage wouldnt be 1% it would be 0%.

Edit: apparently doing the math it would bring you to 1% damage but you'd also get half your damage cut by elemental resist so it would be 7.5b? (But I feel like my math isnt right so I dont want to say this is correct either.)

11. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Elemental resistance halves your damage, so if you do 50m on Chaos Vellum you'd do 10b (with a damage cap greater than or equal to 10b) on a hypothetical boss with no PDR or elemental resistance.

12. Default Re: How much %pdr do you atually need?

Oh yea, forget to include elemental resistance.
    Is the value 10b or even higher even plausible?
    Since it is possible to hit 50m per line with just 67% IED.
    Last edited by Weariness; 2016-02-23 at 01:39 AM.