Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

Also they tie accounts to individual people and you can actually face repercussions if you hack/bot/etc. People still do it anyways, though. Regardless, the games are coded badly and rely on pomegranatety government-shilled software to protect against outside modification, and we all know how well that works. The problem isn't just Nexon cutting corners, its inherent in the business over there. It's too bad that Korean companies make such interesting games!

2. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

How do you fix maplestory? It's quite easy, sell the rights to me, I will fix maplestory.

I will make maplestory great again, not just great, the best, I have the social skills to make the deals that need to be made. I have the resources to exercise what needs to be done, and I have the money to rebuild it from the pomegranatety fondation that has deteriorated over the last millennium.

3. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

by the time you have re-coded maplestory so it's not a massive pile of pomegranate everyone will have forgotten about it.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

It's also because making bots in Korea is way harder. I know before you had to use your Social Security ID. Nowadays you still need to provide a phone number to call and activate, so bot accounts pretty much cost a throwaway cell phone to make in Korea. People will still hack, but they just aren't as easy to maintain or recreate.

Here, none of those hurdles are there so we see just how troublesome it can get.

5. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

Personally I don't think its that hard, I think all it needs to keep hackers under control is enough manpower to watch over the game. MapleStory is like this big city with thousands of players and only 10 cops watching over it... in shifts. (if not half the number of people). If you were to put enough GM's at all times to patrol the game, I'm sure it would deter the hacking, the problem is at this point only the whales keep up the game and they either don't care or directly benefit from hackers so Nexon has no reason to do this other than #MakeMapleGreatAgain.

6. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

We need to deport all of Nexon to North Korea. That way, conscientious South Koreans can pick up the slack -- and make Maple great again -- while old Nexon gets to starve to death or die in Kim Jung-un's concentration camps.

...that is, unless Kim Jung-un IS in reality Nexon. Which, honestly, would explain a few things.

7. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

lol..... do you realise Nexon Korea develops most of GMS?

8. Default Re: MapleStory needs protection from it being entered illegaly.

That's SOUTH Korea. North Korea doesn't develop anything other than mass starvation and threats of nuclear war.