Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

finally took your advice, pastewrong.

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

It's highly unlikely they know the actual root of the problem and will only implement a hotfix for the single item being abused.

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

man just when i put up my rewards shop merchant fark

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

"A fix was applied to block a map crash packet hack related to one of Kinesis’ skills."

I hope there's more...

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

Usually they put fixes at the end announcement don't they?

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

Game's up
    A cursory check suggests that they did nothing to patch it--I'll wait for maintenance note to prove that wrong

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

As it has been proven time and time again, Nexon won't do pomegranate about any exploit until it goes public. Fully public.

Years ago I used to hate how people would release exploits to the public on weekends. I still didn't like it because it really ruined everyone's time because Nexon wouldn't do anything about it until the next Monday at the earliest, but eventually I understood why they did it, when one of them finally said "hey everyone please forward this so it can get patched". Exploits like this often exist for several months, even years, and are abused in private, slowly spreading among a circle of friends, eventually getting passed on to some undesirable to takes the abuse "too far" in the eyes of the original discoverer of the exploit, he gets pissed off and leaks it to the public so a pomegranateload of people abuse it and Nexon can't afford to ignore it anymore.

It's got to get a lot worse before it can get better.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

the map crash involved kinesis first ult or something?

10. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

11. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

The more live chat/ticket responses I read regarding this matter, the more I feel that Nexon truly doesn't know what the exploit is nor how it's done.....maybe they're just waiting for it to go public so they don't need to figure it out themselves. :/
    The other explanation is way more alarming--they could be simply lazy and just wait for the problem to solve itself when the item in question expires on saturday night

Either way, be prepared to see a bunch of hot time/hot day mules get their IGNs spammed during Saturday's miracle time....Also, since you're from windia, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it already last saturday night

Edit: And I can't exactly report it either since I have everything to lose and nothing to gain. It'll be like the reboot thing all over again, the people who tested it/found it and reported it responsibly got the same punishment as the heavy exploiters

12. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

Well, to be fair, the "punishment" for exploiting cubes was practically nothing when taking into consideration how not everyone would be caught.

Had Nexon actually banned people for it..

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Isn't that what I said?

If I had to guess, based on what you guys said (it doesn't require 3rd party tools, and it's the same principle as previous exploits), I'd say it Edit: ok, I'll keep it secret

That may be so, but why have Miracle Time before that happens?
    That looks more like a trap, like they're trying to get the exploiters to repeat their actions enough for the devs to catch on to how it's being done. Or just to make sure they catch them all (however, the more accounts they end up banning, the more likely Korea will force them to unban them all, because "they can't afford to lose that many customers.")

Either way, supremely mishandled.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2015-12-25 at 01:37 AM.

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 23, 2015

Since it hasn't been patched yet (~day 6), I think it's better if it wasn't posted (despite how obvious it is) but yes--that is the method

As for the Miracle Time "trap", I somewhat agree but it's not perfectly logical since that's going to wreck the economy and it's infinite cubes (~4000 cubes/hour) so you don't exactly need miracle time to exploit. To say that they "supremely mishandled" is a huge understatement....the tradeblock "accuracy" for all accounts I know of is below 30% and newly exploited items aren't being stopped by any new tradeblocks.

We should all place bets on the final outcome. My money's on: no patch/fix, tradeblocked account randomly banned based on RNG/what you said about NxK, and accounts that were missed go on completely free.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I seriously doubt anyone who hasn't been exploiting (or intends to) still has the item. But ok, I'll edit it out for now.

Sounds about right.
    Even if they do patch, it'll likely come unfixed at some point in the future, and will definitely not apply to any other similiarly-exploitable item.
    The hit-or-miss tradeblocks and bans are SOP for Nexon anyway.

New theory: they think they fixed it during the scheduled maintenance Tuesday. Like they think they fixed Cash Shop gifting.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2015-12-25 at 03:41 AM.