1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

Periodically when trying to open up one of these to receive a reward I get a message that says something along the lines of "this has run out of its Christmas cheer" from Maple Admin and then the item just disappears and I get nothing.

I keep forgetting to snap a screenshot of it. Hopefully, next time it happens I will remember!

2. Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

Happened to me too, but I'm not sure if it's actually a glitch.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

There are two different items in the game:
    - Magic Christmas Stockings, which pop out of the Shining Santa Boxes.
    - Magic Christmas Socks, which were in last year's box (?). I picked up a few that other people discarded. I don't think there's another way to get them this year.
    Both items have the same picture, they both can be planted in the Item Pot and fed to sleep, both grow into Gift Filled Christmas Socks.
    But when you double-click on them to get the reward, the Gift-Filled Christmas Socks that grew out of the old Sock will have lost its cheer.

If you're quite certain that you used a fresh Stocking, and still got the "lost cheer" message, then there might be some other issue going on.

4. Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

I 've gotten some that said the exact same thing on reboot so it's for sure new ones

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

Hm.
    It's possible that Rudolph boxes still drop the old socks.
    Also on Reboot it may be that you get that message when the sock was supposed to give you a bonus potential scroll.

6. Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

i saw with the tiger/dragon dojo you get a bonus pot scroll. I wonder if you'll get one for real tho

7. Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

I just had this issue pop up.

Appears that they reused last years' sock intro quest. On new chars and those who did not do it last year, there is a quest which introduces the whole idea of the sock and gives you a sock. appears that they just recycled last years, giving you the expired sock.

I also have had the stocking fail and give nothing - but it does not say that the cheer expired. it still adds to the count of stockings i opened in the chat dialog box.

appears the cheer expiring only applies to last year's, the "socks". or so i think, have not opened enough "stockings" to know. but given the dismal yield of coins probably will not bother to feed many more.

8. Default Re: Gift Filled Christmas Socks occasionally does nothing

There's two versions of the sock, and it's easily differentiable. The expired one has a required level of like 15 or 20, while the current one has a required level of 25.