Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default DONALD TRUMP [should be] DISQUALIFIED

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08e945ff123cc

EDIT: Not sure why news just went out and said Donald Trump was disqualified even though hes still in the race. Just turns out that Donald Trump is still running for President but he may not be getting as much power as he thinks he can get if he wins.
    Last edited by Kobe; 2015-12-10 at 06:24 PM.

2. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Amazed this didn't happen sooner. New record at least.

3. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

uh

"The White House on Tuesday said Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump's call for the United States to ban Muslims from entering the country disqualified him from becoming president and called on Republicans to reject him immediately."

"called on Republicans to reject him immediately."

"called on"

he's not disqualified, the white house just said he should be

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Extremely misleading "article".

He's still getting away with it because sadly, there are plenty of ignorant Americans to support him. Hell, even the GOP establishment has been looking for a reason to eject him for ages because he's too extreme for them! Partisan rhetoric on both sides is tearing this country apart.

5. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

I was just linked this

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/tru...p-in-some-way/

Then again, Hillary is saying the exact same pomegranate according to that same article, so I guess we are pretty pineappleed either way unless somehow Sanders or Carson win.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

That was a much more interesting read. I'd heard something about Trump still thinking Bill Gates runs the internet, but hadn't seen an actual article. It's probably actually true that the First Amendment doesn't apply in many cases since the "speakers" aren't US citizens in many cases.

It's incredibly naive to actually believe they can "close up"the internet and stop extremist recruitment with censorship. By it's very nature, technologies like encryption will always be more advanced than decryption and the same can basically said about any form of cyberwarfare. Offense is just so much easier than defense. We're much better off monitoring the easier efforts available and used now than forcing them to update their methods and I really hope our intelligence agencies will point this out. In reality, I suspect this is purely political rhetoric that will never see an actual chance of becoming legislation. There is always the worry of executive orders though...

7. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Even though the Republicans are currently only being "called upon" to disqualify Trump....I hope to hell he either drops out or gets disqualified somehow. This whole thing with him is like the sickest of jokes possible.

8. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

It's not even a joke anymore. This is scary.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

It's like one of those jokes a friend makes. It's funny the first time because you're sure he's kidding. The second time you still laugh, but give him a funny look. The third time you cough and raise an eye brow but you still can't really believe he's serious. The 4th time you can only stare in horror as you realize that this wasn't any joke at all. He really is a bigot that may end up running the entire country.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

unpopular opinion here (might be because i'm not from the US too?) but i don't see how disqualifying a candidate is very "USA", if he were the one to win the presidency then that's what the american people voted for, or at least the great majority.

granted if he does win the may god have mercy on your souls, but the fact he's gotten so far while being blasted by "everyone" means he has to have something appealing going on.

11. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

If/when he gets disqualified he will just change his class to Independent and re-queue for the dungeon.

12. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

If America votes toward the bigot and idiot that is Donald Trump, I will move out of the country. I know most people are stupid, but I didn't think so many people actually swung toward the Donald Trump way. I always thought it was a vocal minority thing...

To be fair, a candidate that violates the principles of the country shouldn't be a candidate, regardless of the reason. Locking an entire race out just because of their race is very Un-American. How can we say, "with liberty and justice for all," in the Pledge of Allegiance if we don't give liberty and justice for all? It's not just to lock out people from the country based on race.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Not actually unpopular. The only constitutional requirements are...
    There was an additional amendment for the 2 term limit. Unless he's lying about his age or place of birth he's qualified. We have really low standards when you think about it...

@Zelkova; I'd love that since it would almost guarantee a Democratic win. Our FPTP system needs a complete overhaul.
    @Polantaris; It's actually a religion not a race, although that distinction is probably immaterial to him and his supporters. It's not he's actually all that popular per se. Things will get really interesting when Republicans start dropping out en masse and we'll be looking for a surge from Marco Rubio and possibly Ted Cruze (the only candidate that may be worse for America's future than Trump). The reality is, the Republican primary has loved crazy idiots over the last few cycles, but the party still consistently selects a relatively moderate candidate because it likes to win. Trump and his supporters won't have enough money to fight off the GOP establishment once they get their ducks in a row behind Rubio. I'd also give Bush the Third an outside chance to dark horse it, but I think he'll be a good party boy and bow out with the others.

I spent far too much time on /r/politics today...

14. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Good point, about Muslim being a religion, I forgot about that. Everyone talks about it like it's a race and I didn't even think about it.

I just hope that you're right about him dropping out. If he seriously gets on the final ticket I don't know what I'd do. It's like a horrible nightmare that it's even gotten this far.

15. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Sad thing is while Trump gets all the hate he is the lesser of two evils.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

It's one of the key reasons why his "plan" to ban them is ridiculous.
    Border Partrol: "Are you a Muslim?"
    Terrorist/Muslim/Anyone: "No"
    BP: "Okay come on in!"

or better yet
    Terrorist/Muslim/Anyone: "I'm a Christian refugee from Syria who has no documentation!"
    BP: "Come on in! Here's free money and a place to live."

There's no possible way to test if someone is Muslim. Even the terrorists didn't walk in carrying Quran's in most cases.
    The solution is easy if he becomes the GOP candidate. Vote Democrat.

17. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Unfortunately, there are far too many people, like my parents, that basically go, "Welp. Obama sucked. Republican this time hands down. I don't care who it is, the Democrats clearly suck."

Which, of course, is the underlying issue with our entire political system. But, having lived with them most of my life, I know for a fact there's nothing I can do to ever change their mind. So it doesn't matter who is going to be the Republican candidate, they will vote for him. Period.

18. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

You've hit the nail on the head with that second statement. I feel a lot of people who say "Obama sucked/didn't do what he promised" don't realize that bills and whatever else proposals typically have to go through congress and get approved/denied- of which Republicans make up nearly half.

Your parents sound like my parents...except my parents are very pro-Carson

19. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

The irony with this kind of thinking is that Hillary is so conservative that in a slightly different universe, she could be running for the Republican nomination. If it weren't for the insanely divisive political rhetoric, she'd probably have a lot of crossover appeal to people like your parents. If you can't convince them, find others you can. Hell, just encouraging young people to register to vote would help significantly.

Otherwise we'll just have to start a SouthPerry expatriot community in Canada. Yay maple syrup!
    @icephoenix21; Love that image

20. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Sounds like a plan, maple syrup is delicious.