Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

He doesn't, he vents the emotional side of the countries personal problems which is causing actual discussion. All of those things have been discussed, but really half heartedly. The reason Trump is so appealing to so many people is he isn't a politician and he's really flexing that point. I'm not really voting for him, but I do see the appeal and recognize the issues brought up. It's painful to read this thread because it's just fox talking points vs msnbc(huffington), both are very extremist news stations in their own right. Overall even I can see Obama failed as a leader, it's kind of that, when the mother tries to be more best friends with their teenage daughter than a mother figure.

Obama will be remembered for two things, being the first black president, and Obama care (For better or for worse), that is a very, very terribly mediocre legacy to leave behind.

The thing is, it's even more un-american to disqualify him because you specifically don't agree with him, in fact our founding fathers would have probably taken away your ability to vote if you really wanted to be technical about this. If trump wins, that tells you two things;

-The country want's an isolation-esque policy
    -We're more concerned over our security than our humanity

I don't think either one is a bad or good answer, just the morale of the country will shift as time goes on (see gay marriage). Donald trump is not going to win, you don't have to worry about it, even the radical right wing has disowned him but praise him for his media manipulation. That's the bottom line really, he's no substance, he's the embodiment of majority of the countries frustration and is a very real problem. The candidates are going to be Bernie vs Ted cruz, I'm calling it now, and bernie is most likely going to win. He has a strong conviction towards his character, although I find his policies just as radical and unobtainable as any of donald trumps wall building lol

2. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

He was an even bigger contributing factor to the 2008 market crash than Bush's entire war was. The housing bubble was almost solely the fault of a policy he passed.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

I think at this point we can safely say the housing crisis was more symptom than cause. Fannie and Freddie deserve their share of the blame, but Wallstreet speculation and over extending their investments would have probably happened anyway. Point taken though

4. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

I disagree. There's a difference between disagreeing with him and his beliefs compromising the foundation of the country, regardless of what its citizens want at this particular time and period. I disagree with most politicians, but I don't believe that their beliefs and statements should disqualify them when they don't compromise the foundation of the country. The country was built upon the ideal of justice and freedom for all, not just Americans. It was also built with the idea of division between church and state. Pretty sure that means the state shouldn't be able to decide which churches are allowed in or that you shouldn't be allowed in based on the church you frequent.

I don't agree with anything Hillary Clinton says, either. But I'm not saying she should be disqualified. I don't think she should be President, but that's what my vote is for.

I agree that if Bernie ends up on the ticket he will most likely win. He'll get the young voters to actually vote, something that rarely happens because it's so often just a decision between horribly smelling bowls of sh'it where the only difference is the type of smell. I don't know if Bernie will actually hold up with anything he says, but out of all the bowls I have a choice between, his smells the best. But he has to get on the ticket, and Hillary is unfortunately very good at pandering to people.

5. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Even the founding fathers came to the conclusion that their values/'foundation' would have to be changed at one point, so I'll agree to disagree, outside of breaking federal law or actually not being eligible, I believe anyone can run for president

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

You guys literally cannot stump the trump

7. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Did he make Mexico pay for that ad?

8. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

I remember people saying the same thing about Obama, and well, 2 terms later...

Assuming people would actually vote for him for this reason, it's definitely NOT worth the risk.

9. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

Really? Honestly I don't remember, and I was being completely facetious. Dad's military, throwing away a vote is like spitting in his face. Definitely not voting democrat this election though, Bernie is probably the closest to genuine but he's economically retarded unfortunately :|

10. Trump minus th money

Yeah I agree, Bernie's genuine in the sense that he really does believe everything he says, but holy pomegranate his ideas are going to tank the economy.

11. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I don't know how old this is but stumbled upon it in Youtube...

STOP GIVING HIM VOTES GUYS

12. Trump minus th money

oh msnbc u so silly

13. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

So what that guy is saying is, I should be more hyped to vote for Trump.

14. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

See that's the childish crap you see from that crappy show. They are just as pathetic as fox news as far as I'm concerned, not that I'm voting for him but they are scared, and frankly, they should be with all this stupid ass political correctness. Talk to any normal person and they are sick of the petty cry bullies who honestly are the ones that need to grow up.

Pretentious, the best word to describe these type of people.

15. Trump minus th money

@KhainiWest is Trump being truthful in saying that it's not a good idea to release your tax information while in the midst of an audit?

16. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

There are a few strategies involved in that, for someone of his stature? No, it probably wouldn't help or hurt him. Normally you wouldn't because your employer would see if you are lying on your tax return about business expenses, and would most likely terminate the individual. However if there are any changes to his tax return, it would show poorly. Cruz is kind of ignorant saying the fact hes being audited makes his returns even more questionable, to a certain degree that's true, but most likely just want proof for their own file on some of his, I'm sure, outrageous carry overs or depreciations, since they can last years.

EDIT:

The fact he gets audited every year means there is something he's not doing right on his tax returns, the IRS legally can't audit you again for I think like up to 10 years if you pass an audit. So it's most likely he doesn't want people to see his pre-audit tax return and rather post-audit.

17. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

honestly out of everyone on the red side, i'd rather trump win the primary because cruz and rubio terrify the pineapple out of me.

18. Default Re: DONALD TRUMP DISQUALIFIED

and his debates are pure gold

“A year ago you told me on my radio show — the audio and transcript are out there on YouTube — that you would release your tax returns" -Hewitt

"First of all, very few people listen to your radio show. That’s the good news. Let me just tell you — which happens to be true. Check out the ratings.” -Trump

19. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Yeah, idk. Completely avoiding the question and turning it into some mediocrely amusing ad hominem about the questioner... Classic Trump

I honestly don't think Trump would do much of the crazy stuff he talks about. As far as I'm aware, many of his voters are white lower income people in a poor situation, angry at many things of the current system. Trump gives them an easy scapegoat to direct this anger at: mexicans, muslims, you name it. I don't think he's anti-entablishment and I don't think he will improve things for the low/middle class. Trump, and/or his advisors know how to get people to buy a product. TRUMP is a product, and it doesn't matter if the customers later find out that things didn't work exactly like in the commercial.

Why do I think this will happen? Because it happened in Finland last year. There's a rightwing "Euroskeptic" and anti-immigration party in Finland, "The Finns". They got a huge amount of votes, appealing to a very similar demographic that Trump does. They promised to never ever vote for Greece bailouts, they were talking about closing the borders, taxing the rich and improving things for the poor.

Right now they've done pretty much everything opposite of what their campaign promised. Voted for a third Greece bailout, cutting wages of the low- and middle class, cutting from education and health care and refugees are coming in numbers unheard of in the history of this country. Apparently 2 ISIS terrorists that got arrested for execution of 11 people cannot be sent to Iraq as they may face a death penalty there.