IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

Even though I haven't abused the glitch myself, I hope they don't go on a banning spree. I like seeing every channel full...

If they do decide to rollback, all of my progress will be wiped clean, as the glitch was available since day 1 of Reboot. I wonder for how long it was kept a 'secret'.

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

What I am personally hoping they do is simply delete all the cubes, erase the mesos of anyone who did the glitch, and erase any equips of those who used the cubes up. No bans needed, it was such a stupid glitch, I seriously do not understand how they could have not checked that.

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

there's never been an issue where a cash shop item would go over 2147483647 before now if stacked to full

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

That doesn't make it any less obvious of something to check for, as far as I'm concerned. Integer overflow errors are not something that should really happen as easily as this one did.

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

What glitch abuse? The only game-breaking glitch I experienced was getting 1 red cube when I purchased 8.

That and I'm not getting any familiars.

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

Jesus after 2 years, still same ol nexon. Came back just to play a little reboot for nostalgia and still can't even get on lmao guess some things never change.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

Are you kidding me? Great, now I have to postpone my Oz run for today because of the Kishin reset -_-

10. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

The same types of glitches have been happening update after update after update. Nexon has not learned in years, and never will.
    When something like this gets "patched," it's hotfixed - only solving this exact issue and not all similar ones. And the "fix" is often undone when updating to new versions.

You would think overflow is an issue a multi-million dollar company would know how to handle. I was taught about it in intro to java in high school, for fu'cks sake.

11. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

A screenshot is floating around that they'll be banning everyone, removing cubes, then unbanning.

Curious if they're just going to leave the equipment that was cubed. Would they even be able to tell what was exploited? I'm almost certain they can't, and they're just going to let the abusers get away almost scott free.

While that doesn't hurt the non-existent economy, it's frustrating to the people like me who didn't abuse it.

12. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

On the plus side, Reboot disallows trading.
    Nexon doesn't have to worry about hitting innocents that happened to receive exploit mesos or what have you; they're all stuck on the account that actually abused something.

13. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

I mean, for reboot it doesn't really matter. They can just strip the equipment+mesos of people who used it and give them a clean set of the same equipment. People who didn't exploit it won't get hurt.

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

I had some hopes that this kind of hacking would stay out of Rebbot simply because it can't be turned into profit.

Goes to show that they aren't all the clever business men they like to present themselves as.

15. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

It wasn't even a hack, literally anybody could go into the cash shop, click purchase on the black cube, set the quantity to 99, and bam, you've made the cash shop experience an overflow. This is pretty pathetic, even by Nexon standards.

16. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

trading is a hack tho

17. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

??? There was no trading going on in reboot. What do you mean?

18. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

Actually there was a trade exploit aswell but kept more quiet

19. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

Someone was spamming about it last night when they were trying to sell mesos so it couldn't have been kept too quiet.

20. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - December 4, 2015

For reboot, yes. I read some other places that some people managed to glitch the reboot CS into non-reboot servers and trigger the same glitch onto those servers for them.