Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Xenoblade Chronicles X

Is anyone else getting it? I sure as hell am, even if it's the end of the semester and whatnot.

2. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

I bought a Wii U at a Black friday sale mostly for this game.

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Pre-ordered the special edition a while back, but not so sure I'll be playing it until a few weeks later. Totally hyped though.

5. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Getting the special edition as a Christmas present, but I don't mind waiting too much since I've still got all these other games I need to finish up.

6. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

I'll wait and see how badly NoA butchered it before getting it. I've played Xenoblade to 100% 8 times and twice more on low% time clears now, and if this game disappoints me in any way I'll be mad as hell. The JP version looked good, but I heard the US version has a lot of stuff censored and/or removed, so I'll have to see how bad it is first; can't really trust NoA to do anything right, they are some sort of reverse alchemists, they can turn gold into trash.

7. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

They removed the boob slider and edited Lyn's outfits and that is it.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

They also supposedly removed all forms of religion in the US version, but I don't know if that ended up being true or not.

9. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

last i heard, It was that they made references to religions more subtle rather than more direct, but the references in general should still be there.

10. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Man this game is terrible, worse JRPG I have ever played

Spoiler

11. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

I've been looking forward to this game for over a year, but didn't have a Wii U. So, on Cyber Monday, I finally bought a Wii U and this game off of Amazon. I have Prime, so I'm supposed to get the game on release day, but UPS left my package at the local shipping facility and now it won't be delivered until Monday. My copy is literally less than 20 miles from me but I'll have to wait 3 days to play this game. Thanks UPS.

12. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

About 10 hours in and OH GOD IT'S AWESOME! Only thing that bugs me is I keep getting lost in new L-A haha.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

For the people who got the special edition, myself included:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_C...s_x_ost_has_a/

The file that contains the OST is kinda broken and can cause some really wonky things to happen. You're better off just formatting the USB and using it for other things.

I got my copy earlier today and this was the first thing I did.

14. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Why couldn't they just change her age to something US-legal like a normal control freak game dev that easily caves to outside pressure. Or did they do that too? I could see them doing both just to make it as PC as possible.

How is the VAing? Is there dual audio in case the EN track sucks? The OST can't possibly be of the same quality as the first game since ACE+ didn't do it, but is it at least decent? About how long would a blind 100% first playthrough take?

I don't have a Wii U yet and have very little money to get one with, so I need this to be really amazing in order for it to justify buying an entire console just for it; I eventually did so with Xenoblade but that's the only game I've ever done that with, and that was only after playing it for like 250 hours at least on emulators.

15. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

They changed her age to 15 from 13, if that counts.

I personally like the VAing, but I've never listened to the original so take that as you may. And no dual audio atm but there is talk of future DLC having it.

The OST is pretty good in my opinion. It is different from the first one, but a good kind of different. It is hard to compare the two because they each seem to stand on their own pillars.

No clue, I'm going in blind going on 40 hours of gameplay time and I feel like I haven't even gotten to the halfway point. I've heard some reports this game can take upwards to 300 hours, but I don't know how true that is.

16. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ive actually been afraid to start because I feel like the game is going to overwhelm me ;;

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

300+ hours seems to be the average for a "100% playthrough" of the game from what I've read.

18. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Embrace it, let the Xenoblade flow through you.

19. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: Elidibs
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: HS Master
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Brave
    Farm: Zodiac

The soundtrack sounds exactly like you'd expect with Hiroyuki Sawano. I really like it, but it just feels a bit too bombastic. The OST for Xenoblade 1 felt more balanced, it had plenty of epic tracks, but also had plenty of more somber and subdued tracks as well.

Not sure how I feel about having a silent protagonist. Having dialogue options feels like a nice throwback to old school JRPGs. Really liking the game so far.

Also glad to have gears E.S. Skells back in the game.

You better have magitek armor in FF XV Square Enix... *shakes fist*

20. Default Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yup, 300 hours seems legit.

As for the soundtrack, some tracks are extremely cheesy but some others are insanely good. I heard the music director also did the OST for kill la kill, and one track in particular really sounds like "before my body is dry".