Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Update KMS] Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

1. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

The cap raise is also 10% now.

2. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

If I had to make a hypothesis out of it, I'd say it's better now.

For example:

General scenario:
    50m base damage cap + 10% cap = 50m + (50m x 10%) = 50m + 5m = 55m damage cap (same as current).

-whereas-

Bishop with Vengeance of Angel:
    50m base damage cap + 5m VoA + 10% = 50m + 5m + (50m x 10%) = 50m + 5m + 5m = 60m damage cap (same as current).
    -OR-
    50m base damage cap + 5m VoA + 10% = (50m + 5m) x 10% = 55m x 10% = 55m + 5.5m = 60.5m (500k higher than current).

TL:DR, Would guess that because it's a % increase rather than a static amount, it applies to other buffs and potentials now.
    Unless, it still solely applies to base damage cap of 50m, and they're planning to increase the cap then ugh...

Though until testing is done, this is solely a possible theory in my opinion.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

I assume it was changed so as to apply to classes and skills with different damage caps, such as Marksman and Angelic Buster.
    Whether it also means they're planning on changing more damage caps per class and skill or not, remains to be seen.
    (I know there are voices calling to raise the damage cap for classes with few hits-per-second, instead of giving everybody the same 20 or 30 hits per second regardless of their class or weapon "lore").
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2015-11-27 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

The change to 10% cap increase is pineappleing way overdue for marksmen. Was one of the first things I suggested in MLC.

5. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

I am disappointed, Nexon releases what might be the best set of BGM in all years of MS and nobody's commented on it.

Proof that even within Southperry, all the MS comunity cares about is damage.

6. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

And art styles of jobs.

7. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

I hope all jobs get as many facial art as Evan... If anyone from MLC is reading this, please use your influence to pull a Riot and turn those into facebook stickers.

8. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

So because no one has discussed in game music that by your opinion "might be the best in years" and instead discussed actual gameplay elements, people only care about damage? I think most people take in the environment and music once they're actually... in those areas, exploring.... not looking at map and sound files. >_>

9. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

Oh come on, you make it sound like you have to extract the content yourself to listen to it. Its on the very first reply to this thread. We get these damage balance changes every 2 months if not every freaking month, so I'm honestly displeased people seems to ignore the actual new and high quality stuff added in this patch to discuss damage yet again for the pineapplemillion time.

But yeah, its all my opinion.

10. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

Everyone knows the music is great. I've said it in an extraction before - it's one of the things Nexon has always done right. Nexon has never disappointed with their BGMs. It's not really ever going to be a focal point of a topic, though. BGMs aren't controversial, so you're not going to see pages of comments arguing about them. Balance changes, on the other hand, are. People will listen to them and think they're beautiful, then move on. Just the other night I spent an hour listening to the old BGMs. MapleStory has amazing ones.

11. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

Depending on what area I'm in the game I'll turn off the skill sounds and, listen to the music. There's some area where the music is amazing ��

12. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

Music like Sleepywood and Ellinia Slime Tree really hit me hard in the feels when I listen to the music.

13. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

Great QoL changes with changing some active buffs to passive, but I can count more.

If a buff does not have a cooldown and is not a party skill, then making us cast it every set interval (or when it gets dispelled) is absolutely pointless. Booster is one such example of a buff with 100% uptime, with no party implications, and no other consequences or usage conditions, yet we have to cast it every 180 or 200 seconds for the sake of casting it.

14. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

So why have active buffs in the game at all?

15. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

I suggest you re-read my post because I've already elaborated my reasoning.

16. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

Because then putting more than 1 or 2 points into it would be... pointless (ba dum phss). If a skill like booster was passive, then even if first point decreased casting speed -1 and point two decreased speed -2, anything beyond that would be a waste of points, and the same would happen to a lot other buff skills.

17. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

And who's to say that Nexon can't change how the skill point progression works for Booster (or any other skill for that matter)?

With the way skill points work anyway (where every job gets to max just about every skill at each advancement, with zero variations) having Booster at 1 point mastery level vs. 10 points is going to make jack all difference.

Rather than get caught up in the technicalities, look at the substance of the changes.

18. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

They could make it that it's 1 speed at the first few levels and then level 2 at the last level. Wouldn't be the first time they've done something like that. Or they could merge boosters with other skills (like weapon mastery) instead of making them separate.

19. Default Re: Patch Available - KMST 1.2.24

I completely agree with your points. I don't see Nexon changing it any time soon, though, if ever.

20. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

or give skills like that MP ticks, so it consumes MP every second, with each level greatly reducing the amount.

of course, this is good for a game that can handle such things >looks at kanna