1. Default [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//4916/

2. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

fak.. I should've refreshed and saw this.. zz

3. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

I thought it wasnt meant to give a full lvl past lvl 200. I am not sure i like this.

4. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

Then it shouldn't say "The power of the big wigs potion has leveled you up" when you use it.

5. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

It really isn't a problem... people are already 250 and I doubt they'll just throw these out like candy.

6. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

Wish they had posted this before I used mine this morning. Only got 10% at 209.

7. Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

inb4 "Soz, devs told us thats how it is. Sorry for false hope. Have fun mapling :)"

In all honesty, too good to be true if it were to actually give one whole level at 24x.

Also relevant discussion?:http://www.southperry.net/showthread...%80%93%2011/15

8. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

If I had to guess, it's because they didn't add the EXP formula for levels 200 - 250 and it's just taking the level 199 -> 200 value for people 200 and up. Not sure why this couldn't have been fixed in the recent server maintenance though.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not, though.
    The amount for 199->200 is ~1.105B.
    What people are getting is exactly 1,200,000,000 exp.
    Also, the number printed to the chat box is the correct amount to level up at the level the character is. It's just printed as a signed 32-bit integer so it looks strange.
    It's quite clear the 1.2B is a hard-coded limit, which was probably put in place when the item was created as some kind of a last-ditch safety measure applied after the amount of exp to give is calculated and found to be too high.

10. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

so do i get another after i used mine?

11. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

Now I'm glad I took it on my Zero for the last little boost past the story line. Didn't want to use it for a bug that wasn't completely foreseen.

Probably a few days of bossing/training on my f/p would have rendered it moot. Likely see myself hitting 206 tomorrow.

12. Default [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

13. Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

Is the phrase "anal sex" censored here? Cuz I think it's relevant now....

14. Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

Guess I'll get the storage slots. NEVERMIND, 92/96 storage slots so I guess I don't know what to get. Wish they'd make the coupons just max out the remaining slots and not give you some error.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

That's pretty disgusting.

From a technical standpoint, it's a very simple bug and trivial to fix.

The "issue" they are looking into, of course, is their own stupidity in giving away level-up potions that were supposed to give a full level even at 240+... and reassuring the users that the potion will indeed do that. They're trying to figure out whether they can get away with not fixing it, now that the bug has saved them the outrage of the frontrunners in the race. Telling everyone to not claim the second potion is a nice first step.

Ah well. Would have been nice to get two free level-ups. I don't care about the race to 250, and am too lazy to train, but I'd have liked two more levels of Hyper Stat Points. Guess I'll have to make do with a free 4%

16. Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

hmm. lol, i didn't bother to log on. also on sunday we might find out if they have fixed that thing where each char can only use one level up potion ever. though maybe fewer people will choose the potion and we won't find out

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yeah, if the potion only gives worthwhile exp under 200, I suspect most people would go for the reward points or character/storage slots.

18. Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

well i feel better now for taking the growth potion on my lvl 210 hero and forgetting to open the box, letting it expire on my inventory.

Am I the only one considering another epic scroll?. 150m don't grow on trees you know

19. Default Re: [Update] BigWigs Storm Growth Potion Issue

I haven't played in a few months, but don't hot weeks require you to open each box in order to get sunday's? I wouldn't know if they changed that though.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'm sure you're not the only one. This was a pretty good Hot Week and pretty much all of the rewards are useful, at least to some people.

I'm afraid Rob is right, though, and you won't get to double anything tomorrow, though, because of that box you didn't open.