Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Nobody likes to be taunted, especially in public. And some people and companies don't enjoy a challenge, and would rather be spoonfed.
    In other words: They feel that if you were serious about helping them with their security issue, you should have contacted Artasi in private and given him the technical details of the vulnerability, rather than humiliating him (and Nexon) in public, going "ha ha I can still get in, try again".

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

funnily though the second way has been proven to be the best way to get nexon to react and fix something however, make a big enough pomegranatestorm that they actually notice.

3. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

He has tried contacting them privately and was ignored, like all attempts to contact them.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon

I see.

5. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Ah joy, more of the sound decision making I've come to know and expect of good ol' NexAM.

Seriously though, where do they keep finding these people and how do they manage to train them when it's so painfully obvious there's hardly enough up there to function, let alone train?

6. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

[Deleted post]
    Last edited by SkyTheBM; 2018-07-24 at 02:48 PM.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

What makes you think it's a forum exploit?
    She's getting into wherever they put their announcements before copying them to the public web server. Or they're already on that server but under some protection that can be circumvented. Either way, nothing to do with forums.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

ingame there's been several times when an exploit is OBVIOUSLY going, people know the people who are exploiting, and reporting to nexon (before MLC) did absolutely nothing.

but it took unti the hack or whatever went public and EVERYONE started crashing servers or whatever for nexon to come in and fix it within 24-96 hours (main example here is several duping hacks)

if you want another example of stuff that doesn't get fixed even though it's been reported constantly, several character skills are broken and don't function correctly. i think it was hayato that had one that lasted for years.

9. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

There must be some misunderstanding so let me clear this up for you. Defacing a website that has a XSS vulnerability is one of the least inappropriate things you can do besides responsible disclosure (and I did mention that I'm starting to do that--been in touch with Mr. Basil about basil's XSS issue). " Everything from account hijacking, changing of user settings, cookie theft/poisoning, or false advertising is possible." (http://www.cgisecurity.com/xss-faq.html)

Regarding all the other stuff:
    First of all, I am not getting paid for any of this and despite Nexon being a multibillion (?) dollar company, they don't allow third party testers to poke around their stuff or offer some kind of bug bounty program-- I even inquired about this (senior GM atquei responded) and they informed me that I can still be banned and they can still take legal action even if I did a responsible disclosure. The moderator contact forum lacks transparency since you can't see any follow ups.

However, to say I'm "unhelpful" is a bit unfair since I did make it EXTREMELY obvious that there's something going on that's allowing me to gain access to information I shouldn't have. So pointing out that there's an issue should be enough-- why should I spend my own time documenting the exploit if I'm just giving them evidence of me possibly breaking the ToS which could result in a ban? Also, feel free to look through some of the past posts I made on the official forums--many of them are in the bug report section.

Also, I'm not leaking the information to "spite" nexon. If you check most of the releases, they were the controversial ones that I felt were extremely unfair and that, with enough support, things could be changed. The full marvel release I did after Nexon didn't do anything about the Tower stuff in Marvel despite many MLC members' disapproval was just a middle finger at Nexon. I was about to do the same thing this time around because of the Ultimatum ring since we just had a huge community discussion as to why Tower stuff in Cash shop/NX stuff is a bad idea.

Oh and, no it's not a forum exploit since that would mean something like privilege escalation and that would be absolutely hilarious for anyone with a sense of humor.

Pretty much this but I actually wish there was actually some protection for me to circumvent...

Even though I did not use the extractions, I decided to take a look at the extractions anyways after that comment about how the black friday sale was leaked 2 years ago due to some of it being in the extractions. Turns out that most of the Daily Black Friday box rewards are there this year as well so....I really don't know what to say.

"5532446 - Waterwheel Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532447 - Slimy Scene Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532448 - Superior Gollux Ring Exchange Coupon
    5532449 - [A] Nebulite (LUK %) Exchange Coupon
    5532450 - Magnificent Vellum Soul Exchange Coupon
    5532451 - Unique Potential Scroll 30% Exchange Coupon
    5532452 - Froggie Water Slide Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532453 - Spinning Teacup Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532454 - Ultimatum Ring Exchange Coupon
    5532455 - [A] Nebulite (STR %) Exchange Coupon
    5532456 - Magnificent Murgoth Soul Exchange Coupon
    5532457 - Ferris Wheel Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532458 - Tiny Toy Mansion Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532459 - 5 Star Enhancement Scroll Exchange Coupon
    5532460 - [A] Nebulite (INT %) Exchange Coupon
    5532461 - Gyrofrog Drop Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532462 - Midsummer Night's Dream Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532463 - Unique Potential Scroll 80% Exchange Coupon
    5532464 - [A] Nebulite (DEX %) Exchange Coupon
    5532465 - Special Watermelon Bowl Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532466 - Cat Camping Car Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532469 - Giant Ducky Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532470 - Docile Whale Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532471 - Magnificent Cygnus Soul Exchange Coupon
    5532472 - Shining Star Airplane Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532473 - Bunny Camper Chair Exchange Coupon
    5532474 - Battle-Roid (M) Exchange Coupon
    5532475 - Battle-Roid (F) Exchange Coupon
    5532476 - Outlaw Heart Exchange Coupon"

10. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

[Deleted post]
    Last edited by SkyTheBM; 2018-07-24 at 02:49 PM.

11. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Nexon isn't dense, they are ridiculously lazy

12. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Wow. This is fun.

My reaction, sequenced:

1. Logs on to see how Southperry is doing
    2. Sees a new announcement
    3. Realizes it's about Artasi
    4. Takes a moment to realize MapleStory is still...functioning?
    5. Laughs

The whole thing is pretty hilarious. You'd think they'd have bigger things to worry about, y'know, like the fact that no one plays MapleStory anymore. But hey, what better way to improve your game than to attack one of the few fan sites that genuinely gives a pomegranate and still exists. pineappleing idiots.

Annnnnnnnd, this still has a grand total of 0 effect on Southperry. They really stuck it to ya, huh, Eos.

13. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Southperry's fansite status: "I live. I die. I live again!"

Is Nexon like this with their other games, or is it limited only to Maplestory? Never have I heard of a game silencing its own users for critiquing the game. Perhaps it's because they don't do any development and it takes a LONG time for them to fix anything?

Thank you, Eos, for not silencing users.

14. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

They're like this with all their games. Sabina constantly attacks MabiWiki for 'enabling hacking by revealing item flags' and similar crap, because like Maple, if you edit the flags in the game files you can change the game client side. Their poor development is consistent. Their treatment of fansites is consistent. Their ineptitude all around is consistent. And they consistently punish the people who try to make it better. Gold star company all around.

Not a lot of those to worry about these days given the state of extractions and the game in general.

15. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Funny, no CMs have dropped by the MapleWiki at all, and I don't think PirateIzzy or I have been contacted by them ever. However, it's being promoted on the main website in the navigation. Sounds pretty inconsistent there.

16. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

The extractions at Southperry have more in common with MabiWiki than MapleWiki does, and Nexon has definitely had problems with both.

17. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Well, I guess you were right huh

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Bow before my psychic powers!