Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

We did get exclusive pieces of news, I think, like when they had that NLC revamp and a few fansites each got part of the overall promotional image or something like that. And some stuff about Gollux and Tynerum or Commerci or something.

As I recall, that kind of "news" was pretty bleh, at least in terms of information given.

2. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

is anyone here even surprised at this point

3. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Not really, no.
    As critical of Nexon as we are, I'm surprised they hadn't made something up to ditch us sooner.

4. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

I'm honestly surprised that Nexon ever agreed to allowing SP to become a fansite. They have strict rules on what is allowed and not allowed on fansites. The focal point of SP wasn't the community, but the decryption and exploration of their own games files.

5. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

God bless Girasol. : 3

6. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Almost certain SP has been a fansite longer than Artasi has worked for Nexon.

7. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Any chance the image in the spoiler of the first post could have its scaling changed a bit? Or maybe be broken up into a few different segments, with non xbox huge scaling? It stretches the pineapple out of the page when viewed.

8. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

I think we influenced the Goggles as well as a bunch of masteria content for a bit.

9. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

The Chinchilla chair was January of 2013 and Artasi's LinkedIn says that he's been with Nexon since October 2013 so based on that you would be correct.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Well, well... the expected Nexon circle-jerkers certainly have come out of the woodwork on the subreddit thread regarding this topic.

Since they're bashing SP I thought it would only be fair for me to link it here.

11. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

If you're going to comment please don't upvote/downvote because that counts as brigading.

12. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Artasi's just immature and needs a thicker skin. I got perm banned from forums because I made references to future black friday sales...

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...job%26nxid%3D6

Notice how I said "item(s) from TMS" instead of "Battle-roid" and "outlaw heart" and I didn't even mention any of the daily deals like cube sale on friday. :/

I even reviewed the forum rules and code of conduct on the ToS and nowhere on there does it say you can't talk about future sale releases so I guess the reason for ban makes sense

13. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Time for forum alts!

14. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

What's even more weird about it is that the thread itself wasn't even locked - Why the hell were you banned? You weren't even being negative or bashing; All I see is constructive criticism. This guy's got some serious issues.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

She was banned so she wouldn't spill the rest of the beans.
    And the thread wasn't locked so as not to draw attention to it.

16. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

It's not like it's really some big surprise? They're going to be limited supply and scam people into charging anyway. They pull this same pomegranate every year... nothing new or honestly exciting.

He also could have just edited his post and PM'd him with a warning. An outright ban is just silly and completely over reacting.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Apparently it's a big secret to Nexon, or they'd have published the entire sale schedule as they have done in previous years.

And I don't think their forums have a PM feature at all?

18. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

A reply to the thread would have sufficed as well. There really is no excusing the ban, but that's standard nexon protocol; knee-jerk bans.

19. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Well, I personally thought a 1 week ban would suffice and I showed an incredible amount of restraint by giving such a limited amount of information. If anything, the ban should've pushed me more towards leaking everything....
    Battle-roid:

Outlaw heart:

More than a month ago, I told Artasi that there's a security issue on the official site that allows people to gain access to this kind of information (I posted the stuff about the hyper tele rock/ryude's sword wayyy before the official announcement, mmbryan confirmed it here on southperry too) and he got pretty defensive saying that it's patched when it clearly isn't and that I must be doing it through some "nefarious" means. (http://www.basilmarket.com/Name-Chan...AX0-4#comments)

It's quite a stark contrast to all the other forum/site admins that express gratitude when you inform them of a vulnerability/flaw on their site :/ I literally defaced maple.fm and still got a "thanks" ( http://www.basilmarket.com/Maple-dot...AP5-4#comments ). Found a XSS vulnerability on basilmarket and I'm being offered an opportunity to test the upcoming fix. If it was artasi in either of these scenarios, I would be permanently banned from the game and be facing a lawsuit.....and the site would still have the vulnerability.

Edit:
    Sidenote: My apologies for defacing your ticket system when it came out, Zelkova. At least I had a sense of humor....

20. Default Re: Artasi & Southperry - What Really Happened.

Yeah I made the mistake thinking that the ticketing system was already scrubbing entries for tags and scripts. It wasn't, GG.

I've long since fixed the issue.