Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

So if you're not allowed to tell us what the MLC is doing, or what the status of the supposed "in progress" projects are, What's the point of making the MLC publicly known anyways? If it's simply a way for some players to give feedback to the developers then there shouldn't be a reason why it needs to be known. It feels more like the MLC is publicized in order for Nexon to use as a scapegoat when they make decisions that aren't well received.

2. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

so now that the sword comes from marvel, nexon has no means to fix the glitch :3

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Messaging the MLC

I think you mean no motive.

4. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

ah yes that would be right

5. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

I don't think Ryude's sword is glitched anymore (or ever was). People have been getting them at the abysmally low rate you'd expect.

I was working on a f'ucking awesome proposal before I was forcefully removed left MLC. Honestly surprised it hasn't been implemented yet. Would appease every single player, and make a good name for MLC. Then again, it was my idea, so it's probably scrapped.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'm sorry if i'm REALLY skeptic, but the hole nexon has to fill is larger than the great canyon, so that's a very bold statement.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Tall claim, considering anything that would make one player happy is likely to make another mad, or at least indifferent (and consequently mad about "this is what you've been wasting your time on, instead of <whatever I care about>?"). Not to mention that things which make players happy tend to make Nexon sad, and vice versa.
    Except, I suppose, bug fixes. I don't know why anyone would object to the CC DC going away, for example. But the MLC doesn't deal with bugs, does it?

Anyway, not trying to make you say more. Hopefully if it's that great, some other councilor picked it up and ran with it to goal.

8. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

This is interesting to read.

Personally I feel for the MLC. There are two agendas here that are nearly mutually exclusive in the short term (making money vs. improving the game). They have to balance those two agendas, but Nexon's been neglecting the latter for so long that anything short of working for peanuts looks terrible right now. They no longer have the player base to just drastically reduce their money makers (marvel, etc) right now for a better long term solution. There's only so much the MLC can do.

We're in an unsalvageable relationship with Nexon, and MLC's our poor little kid, with no way to win.

"Band-aids don't fix bullet holes." -Confucious

9. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

You're right, probably being overly optimistic. I still believe it has no valid arguments against it, though. I can't think of any reason why a player would disagree or not want it implemented -- from a funded player perspective, new player perspective, average player perspective, etc.
    I'd like to say what my proposal was, and I think I would be okay since it's an idea of mine (well, an idea I put forth - something I've seen a lot of players ask for) and I have no idea what's being done with it internally at Nexon. I don't think it'd be breaking NDA but I'm going to sit on it and think about it for a bit more.

10. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

I concur that MMB should sit this down for a bit, give them (a fair amount of) time (say, even 1-3 months). Then let's turn the page.

Hadriel

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

Back on topic.
    @Zelkova, considering the NDA you all are under, is there any meaningful response you can give to these tickets?
    Other than, "I see what you mean, and I'll bring this up for discussion"?
    You can't say, "This has already been discussed" or "something is in the works for that" or even "we tried this but it was rejected." So what can you say?

Also, is there a way to see all previous topics?

12. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

Sapta, you've submitted a few tickets, no? Might I ask how your experience with the site and their responses has been so far?

13. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

If the topic has been up for discussion we have been given the green light to acknowledge that it has been talked about. We cannot however state where it is within the system or if it has been approved or not yet. It's all very limiting.

I'll need to talk with Nexon to see if they'll let us show the details of tickets to the public. I was given the OK to make a ticketing site to replace direct email correspondence between players. Anything involving the ticketing system is kind of in a grey area in terms of what is and isn't allowed to be made public.

I'll work on getting some definitive answers for you.

Most of the responses should be mild or bland for now as we haven't had a meeting yet.

Give us a couple of days if you can. I'll see if we can update tickets with correspondence from the MLC about what we thought about each ticket during the meetings. (another grey area)

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

I submitted two tickets, and both got the same sort of response I described above: "I agree, and I'll bring this up in discussion."
    The more interesting thing is that one of the tickets was about allowing more chair bags to be used. A little while back, the MLC ran a survey regarding the choked inventory issue in general. I would hope that survey led to some kind of discussion, and possibly a resolution (although I may be too optimistic regarding the time-frame of MLC discussions). And yet I did not get an answer hinting that some other solution to the inventory issue was in the works, or any indication that the councilor even heard of the issue before.
    This is kind of what prompted my question.

As for the site itself, it's obviously still not quite there. Logs you out and back in at random, broken links, random shape-shifting, etc. And of course no idea of its security, so don't use any credentials you use anywhere else (but that's always good practice). But the basic functionality of writing a message and getting a response to it (by email) seems to be working.

@Zelkova, when I said "all previous tickets" I didn't mean their details. Just the title would do, for starters. The "recent topics" list only shows 5.

15. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

The site is using a bog standard installation of Osticket. I just needed a free ticketing solution that didn't require a VPS to run things in the background. So far I'm not really impressed with it. I may move to a different solution soon, even if I have to get a VPS.

True, it is limited to 5. I'll see if I can work out a page where people can see past tickets with pagination etc. Thanks for the suggestion!

16. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

Ah, I see, I figured as much.

That's good, I think that'd be the most important feature one would want from this system.

17. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

You guys seem to forget that CRA gear was locked behind a paywall for a long long time. Having them add Ryudes to marvel is nothing I'm surprised about.

18. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

CRA gear was not locked behind the paywall, it was made available via Root Abyss and some form of in-game gachapon (like the nuts or philosopher books).

19. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

That's not true. Despite the fact that Chaos Root Abyss was released at the same time it was in KMS, January 2013, the bosses were unkillable for quite a while, as far as I know, until after RED, except for a few queen kills right before RED. And as I remember, they didn't even start dropping equips until later still. Meanwhile, they were rewards for stuff like philosopher books which are still part of the paywall. They were pretty much effectively locked behind a paywall.

Hell, the same thing happened with Empress weapons before this, except, in hindsight, it was pretty ambiguous whether or not Empress could've been killed, whether they eventually limited her heals, or if she could always have been killed by making her heal 35~40 times, as I recall. My first Empress axe came not from Empress, but someone who got it from Crystal Scales or Music Boxes, or whatever it was at the time. I distinctly remember because we tried killing Empress and got her to 20 heals afterwards in an attempt to be the first group to kill Empress.

20. Default Re: Messaging the MLC

So CRA mobs didn't drop equips to start with? Thats news to me then, I knew they had their bugs from time to time, but I was unaware that they just didnt drop gear for a while.

Also in other news, I've confirmed that we will be allowed to respond back to tickets with what the MLC had spoken about as long as the topic is not under NDA.