Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Instead of giving a history lesson, I am going to let the Maplestory dice roll. The best suggestions that I can think of for the health of the game were already summed up in the Reboot thread. So what I will do is imitate a cheerleader and simply encourage Nexon to keep working on Maplestory.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2015-09-30 at 08:25 PM.

2. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

It depends, what is "Big Bang"? Is Big Bang the rebalancing of classes, or the restructuring of the game? As far as I remember, Nexon advertised that a large part of Big Bang was that it allowed them to do much more with the game, because it let them completely redo the "Skeleton" of the game. There's also the part where they rebalanced everything from classes to monsters, pretty much to compensate for them releasing cubes.

Then of course them restructuring Victoria Island to make it easy to navigate.

3. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Jesus Fucking Christ would everyone get the pineapple over big bang. It happened half a decade ago.

Quit beating the fucking horse. The horse is dead. The horses owner is dead. The farm that he owned is gone. His wife has moved on. At this point, big bang is closer to the games NA release than it is to now.

On the topic of Reboot, Reboot is NOTHING LIKE PRE-BIG BANG. Reboot is the game with much less pay to win and no trading, thats it. Cubes, charms, marriages, item slots and character slots cost meso. Thats it. Thats reboot. You don't get your skills from pre-bb back, jobs aren't limited to pre-bb. The game itself doesnt have the same mobs/maps/etc as pre-bb.

4. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

And here we have pre-BB vs post-BB thread number 3 million and ten.

5. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

pikamemnon thread :3

6. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

I used to dislike this but since you are stating an accurate fact much the same as people who talk about Big bang, I have grown accustomed to this statement.

And the thread is not Pre BB vs Post BB, it was only a listing of historic information that did not declare either one as being better. It is other people that encourage taunting each other as if this was some kind of insane bull fight gone awry. (Although if someone made a genuine thread to discuss Big bang, I could talk about that for a long time)
    Since I had already spoken my piece on the matter elsewhere, I later changed the OP to just say "Good luck Nexon".

Finally, for people that like to mention dead horses, that should not be an obstacle for this game. In the Maplestory reality we have Bishops and other healing classes, so if anyone's horse falls down reviving that equestrian creature is no trouble at all.

7. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Can't we just classify this as spam at this point?

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

im still unsure if pika is a troll or just like this topic of discussion lol

9. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Yes, you are adding spam.

In my OPINION, while I do consider both to be "good" Old Maple can beat the pomegranates out of New Maple effortlessly. Reboot is something of a question mark but Old Maple would probably win there too. However, the thread is not about my opinion so I will try to remember some of what I wrote before.

Big Bang was totally justified because it came with new things to explore and made leveling up less difficult. (which was a common complaint at the time)

On the other hand, Big Bang was not justified because (I could list so many things here but am just going to do one) it robbed about 90% of the common mobs of a portion of their strength and individuality.

Protip for new players: Carefully consider whether or not to express your opinions in public
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2015-10-01 at 07:54 PM.

10. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

If your discussion was logical and organised, or otherwise appropriate for reading, then sure express your opinions. Everyone's up for a read of why certain updates were awesome or not.

However, it's now become a monthly subscription of repeated content that no-one really cares to read. Calm down over your want for 'Old Maple' - MapleStory as a company, and their community, can't handle such backward changes, and don't need to assess how Big Bang affected the playerbase when that update was done 5 years ago.

11. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

This thread doesn't bring anything new to the topic whatsoever so for once I am with all of the people saying this should be classified as spam and locked.

Big Bang didn't ruin the game, potential ruined the game and the changes made later to justify adding potential.

12. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

I do not mind responding to comments because unlike some players, I actually like to discuss the subject. Noreply, I don't know what discussion you are referring to because so far there has only been a few on topic posts and the rest is mere whining. In the past I have stated that Big bang had a negative effect on the game but this thread had nothing to do with that. (if you care to re-read the thread again byakugan)

As many Southperrians are already aware, I played in both the Old and New Maple era's. Just because I see New Maple not to be as good as the original one does not mean I think its not worth playing. It just means that they each have their own strong points. Next time before people start taking out the cheese and whine, they should read the whole thread and title and be able to see that I was mostly neutral the whole time.

To repeat that: I think that Old Maple and New Maple are both worthy games. But if you asked me which one I like better, I would say Old Maple but the thread is supposed to be about examining BB and not crying about one players differing opinion. Or if you came in after the edit, it would be about encouraging Nexon. Well that's what I was trying to do, Idk about everyone else.

13. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

If the thread is not "Pre-BB Maple vs Post-BB Maple" then why does your thread title quite directly lean towards that? This quite literally is a monthly thread with you that adds next to nothing to the matter - hence the replies that don't take an ounce of you as seriously as you would like.

Maybe you should look for the "why" before accusing everyone of "taking out the cheese and whine". You did this to yourself.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nobody is forcing anyone to respond to the thread.
    If you find the topic boring, annoying, or repetitive, just ignore it. I'm not going to lock it just so you can be spared the irresistible need to bash it. Use the pomegranate if you absolutely must express your opinion but don't want to keep the thread alive.

15. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

I miss my original shadower and dark knight

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

To be fair the only thing I miss is, the old Viper (buccaneer), Especially with how tanky they were thanks to the i-frames they've had which were a crucial thing during the older times along with the cool skill chaining and transforms.

17. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

big bang did not improve or pineapple up maple. it was just one of their regular updates imo lol

just.. you know.. bigger than the rest

18. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Big Bang was fine. The updates that followed were what was more hit or miss (mostly miss).

19. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Can't believe Big Bang was 5 years ago, how time flies.

20. Default Re: Big bang was justified / Big bang was not justified

Remember Big bang?
    Big bang was so much better
    Everything was better in Big bang
    Here's Screenshots of big bang, if you did not remember, you did not have a childhood
    You are not a child, you retroactively did not exist
    Remember Goby parties?
    it was a good party
    you're too young to remember
    it was a good party
    we had NLC
    you don't
    things were better then
    now all is lost including hope which is dead
    we had Big foot
    White scrolls
    Alien weapons