1. Default I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

Reboot server is huge. It's going to drastically change how the game is played. It's like ironman in Runescape: You can't trade items to other players and you can make most of everything yourself, apart from boss kills.

The lack of trading means that in order to get new equips, you need to really abuse the Toad Hammer system introduced in the same patch. You gotta potential and enhance your lvl 110 weapon and potential all your lvl 110 armor/accessories, and then fight the next big boss (starting with PB) and obtain the next level of gear, and then pass on the enhancements and potentials and move on to the next boss. You can't transfer equips at all, not even among your own characters, so you go through this process on every single character you want to gear on this server. I think it's a cool new way to play the game. The lack of bonus potential and scrolling really speed up the gearing process, but will significantly reduce overall dps.

Bosses and mobs will be harder and more partying will be required. Mobs drop more meso, bosses drop cubes, you can buy cubes with meso. It's really nice. Also there's no incentive to pick up more equips than you need due to lack of trading.

That said, what class do I pick? I've played Aran for the most of my time, but it's clear and obvious I need a new class. I've been thinking anything with Hurricane because that skill is easy on the fingers, but there's obviously better choices out there. I've played about half the classes I'd say, but I need someone that can use the basic weapon types, such as BWs, staves, axes, etc. Over 5 years ago I've always had a dream of having a high level axe Hero, but axe Heroes were garbage back then. Is that the case today?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

If you tell us why you considered axe Heroes "garbage" back then, we can tell you whether they still have the same flaws.

Keep in mind, however, that Nexon is not done revamping classes, so nobody can really tell you what will be "garbage" in a few months. Aran is next up for a major overhaul (along with Evan), so maybe you won't need to switch after all.
    Normally I'd say "play whatever seems fun to you", but the KMS director seems hell-bent on changing every class's playstyle, so nothing can be trusted to stay the same except the equipment. In which case, I guess, if axes look badass to you, might as well aim for that?

Besides, why do you need to pick a class now? It's not like you can stock up on any gear for it, or prepare the right link mules, or anything.

3. Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

I'd honestly want to say play what you want and try to keep up with the changes to see if what you like changes to something you don't like anymore.

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

the question is what will the population be like? cause it would be kinda boring if the server is dead

5. Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

I've actually seen what they did to Aran during the first part of Reboot patch, and honestly the biggest change is they nerfed any and all drain skills from every class by changing them from % damage dealt to %max hp. Drain skills work per attack used and not per hit, so for example, Aran can throw out 4 attacks (FB and 3 parts of Beyonder) within 1.5 seconds or something like that, which procs the drain 4 times. Changing it from "10% damage dealt 20% max hp cap" (which heals 80% in this 4 attacks) to "2% max hp healed per drain" (which is 8% heal) is just pineappleing ridiculous and means that Aran is no longer the potionless sustain god he once was (with the character card for Evan for mana regen of course). The drain skill nerf was probably because of Mu Lung Dojo and how hilariously broken drains are in there.

That said, pre-Big Bang axe Hero was bad because of attack speed of axes or some other dumb reason, I don't remember why axes were bad on Saders back then, this was like pre v0.70 before Aran/DB even came out.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

As I said, Aran is up for a new revamp.
    All I've heard is something about combining his MP and Combo. Whatever they're doing to him (her? them?), they haven't released it to the test server yet.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

gotta be real careful with drain, i have no clue how it works now. before (for dark knights), as in what we currently have in GMS it couldn't heal more than your base HP (or half base, not sure anymore) per skill trigger, and it could only trigger ONCE per monster attacked, as in dark impale hits 5 times a single monster, since you only hit one monster it could only trigger once, if you hit 2 monsters it could trigger 2 times, regardless of the fact that you did 10 lines of damage. so we have to see how unnerfed these things were because if nexon kept these same limits with the new heal my 90k hp DrK will be healing like 1.5k hp per impale cast

back then axes were slower and swords had more average damage, those were the only two technical cons the weapon had.

8. Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

I went with Xenon since I felt it was the best choice. You can only enhance your equips and enhancements give all stats, so I figured that's a pretty big plus.

Personally, I find Toad's Hammer pretty underwhelming. It doesn't help so much with getting better gear, more like, it prevents you from having worse gear, (Well, unless you have unique or higher potentials, then, you'll just have worse gear, since it'll rank your potential back down to epic when you transfer it). The worst part is probably the fact that it doesn't transfer additional options, not that this'll be a problem in GMS, probably, so you do end up having to loot way more equips than you should need, just to get the best possible equip to transfer to, otherwise, it's really just a waste, no? Eventually, you could just transfer your good stats to a junk equip 10 levels higher so you might transfer it to another equip with good stats 10 levels higher still, but that only really works if you haven't already reached the highest leveled equips, and then all you can really do is hold on to your second best equip set until the day you finally get an equip that's good enough for you to transfer to, otherwise, it'll just be stuck on something that you'll eventually just replace. Though, that's really inevitable anyway, since you can only live on Toad's Hammer transferred stats for so long.

Not to mention, you end up losing a star every time you do the transfer, which I guess, isn't that bad, you only end up paying for 1 star at the increased price every level, if I did my math right, instead of all 5 or 8 or 10 or 12 or 15, so that's a plus, except the first time you go and enhance things, and when you break into a new enhancement tier.

It's also really useful for transferring potentials to more appropriate equip, for example, getting % INT on a thief shoe, and putting it on a mage shoe instead, and if you go Xenon, you can make use of 3 different % stats, but it's not too difficult to get % stats for any other character likewise. Well, until you finally need to cube something above epic.

9. Default Re: I'm actually quite hype for Reboot server, but what class should I pick?

Picking a class especially in KMS's current standing is pretty difficult. Every class is being changed, and with every patch an aspect of how the game works is being changed. Picking a class right now can be difficult.

With Reboot coming out hopefully next month, I would recommend you focus on link skills for now.
    Get Mercedes, Phantom, Luminous, Beast Tamer, Demon Avenger, Demon Slayer, Kaiser, Cannon Master, Kanna, Xenon, and a Kenesis to 120, then decide from there what you want to work on.
    I used to play Aran when they first came out... Used to be my favorite class, and I actually look forward to seeing what Nexon Korea will do to them in the upcoming revamp. Maybe it's worth it for you to stick with Aran.