1. Default [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//4553/

2. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

Let's see how many extensions there will be. I'm leaning toward at least 2.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

Why? Because of the name changes?
    They changed a lot more names last week, and the maintenance didn't take longer than expected.

4. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

Still, 3 hours seems kind of short for it.

5. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

"A bug has been resolved so that players can no longer fly around without a mount after using a transformation potion."

Such a gamebreaking bug, better forget about fixing Knight's Watch for this one.

6. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

ooh name changes, how exciting. but i wonder if i will have name changer's remorse

7. Default [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

Previously, when we had Name Change coupons in the game, if you changed your character's name from A to B, the name A would remain unavailable for anyone to use.

This does not seem to be the case this time. I was just able to create a character with the old IGN of a character whose name I changed.

Personally I only changed the names of mules that nobody knew, so I don't care if anybody else takes their old names.
    But if you changed a name with any kind of reputation on it, you should probably reserve the old name, just in case anybody thinks of impersonating you.

9. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

appears there is an activity test. only inactive chars can have their names immediately taken, those who have played recently appear to have their names still locked out. this mean to have actually played, not just log in and open the name coupon. not sure what the threshold for having "played" is set as

at first i thought someone had sniped XxXxXAznBoiNaruto69XxXxX but appears no. I suppose i will have to wait tto later to reserve it again

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Not sure about that.
    My friends who played right up until the maintenance were able to retake their old names less than an hour after game-up.
    Maybe someone did take XxXxXAznBoiNaruto69XxXxX (which I assume refers to your old IGN?) after all. Check the rankings, once they update?

11. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

hmm i checked more chars, appears to be random how they allocated name lockings. or maybe the names were taken - but really why - they were full of i for L etc
    yes some i played very recently and got 5 levels and i could still take back the name.

but rankings - not so sure. maybe they held it on a level 1 mule so i might never find out. except i will have to keep trying to retake it. only a few names which weren't so great but still want to prevent impersonators

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

The rankings now show level 1 characters.
    The only characters that don't show are those who are banned, or were temporarily banned but permanently removed from rankings.
    (But the rankings have yet to update. They don't even show the name changes done during the maintenance, much less any characters created after).

As for why anyone would take a name with "i for L etc" - I'd have to assume it's someone who knows you. Hopefully a friend who took it to protect you from impersonators.

13. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 22, 2015

hahaha just saw one of those peopple who got renamed to #19248571290457 in the gachapon/surprise style box reports.

how unfortunate and a paying customer too or maybe a long time not log-in gift but still got messed up because didn't know to log in beforehand

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'm curious as to whether they get a free Name Change to fix their IGNs or not.

The original web notice about the IGN clean-up said
    but they later edited the notice and removed this question and its answer.