Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer 3 and Tickets

Source

Apparently they are releasing a new trailer (full theatric) during Monday Night football (5:30 PM pst???). This will also be when pre-sale tickets become available so get ready for the hype everyone!

New poster

Love the new poster!

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer 3 and Tickets

just saw the trailer while eating dinner. Looked somewhat interesting

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    usa

I watched it about 6 times with my roommates. We've already got our tickets as well. Sadly I couldn't get any 7PM shows because of the constant crashing, but I did get 9:15 so it will hopefully be a spoiler free evening.

There are so many little details I could talk about, but I'll just give my general impression. This trailer offered a ton more information than the previous two, but didn't really have the same emotional impact. The hype is real, but the second trailer really got to me in ways this one couldn't.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

My son watched the movie last night with a bunch of classmates. He loved it. He told me I must watch it.

For reference, he's 15 years old and has never seen any of the previous 6. He wanted to watch at least the original trilogy before going to see 7, but just could not get through the first ten minutes of Episode 4. "Bad fight scene effects, boring robots walking in the desert, C3PO is annoying." (Yes, I know, I fail as a parent.)

His classmates, who did see at least some of the previous 6, loved 7 as well.

6. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

The movie was AMAZING. I rewatched all 6 movies before going to the premier, I had quite the expectations, and this movie managed to overcome every single one of them.

Brutal lightsaber duel, amazing Resistance vs. First Order battles, and the new generation of actors were all spot on. Kylo Ren was excellent as the movies' main villain.

Of note, I am someone who grew up with the Prequels, and loves all 6. This movie I can easily place next to Episode 5 and 3, which are my favorites.

I will be watching it again today. Go see Episode 7 Southperry.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

As one of the biggest Star Wars fans in existence, I liked it but did not love it. Daisy (Rey) and BB-8 stole the show in a phenomenal way and there's a lot of potential for the rest of the cast. I went with a couple of friends, including my GF who has only seen episode 4, and they all loved it. My main complaint is it's such a transitional film. Every other movie stands on it's own merits while the Force Awakens spends a significant amount of time setting up the next movie and trying to plaster over a few holes from the past. I think JJ made a slight mistake in departing from Lucas' admittedly formulaic hero's journey. Star Wars has always been clean and had a strong focus with the plot. This movie felt a little busy at times and yet I was left with far more questions than answers about the state of the SW universe as a whole.

The lightsaber duel was a bit lackluster even compared with Luke v Vader in Ep V. I get that both are young and untrained, but still. I wasn't really able to buy into it until /* Rey */ really got in the zone. Kylo Ren just wreaks of Anakin in Revenge of the Sith. Since I have mixed feelings about Hayden Christian's performance there to this day, I have some of the same feelings about Kylo Ren. I do think his conversion moment was much better in both acting execution and writing. I predict that he will make a badass Vader replacement in VIII and we'll get to see a lot more of the flashy powers and duels from the prequels.

I think most of these complaints and concerns will evaporate with VIII.

Minor Gripes

Speculation

8. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Spoiler

I also think Episode 8 will likely prove to be a stronger film.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Spoiler

10. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Spoiler

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Spoiler
    Last edited by VerrKol; 2015-12-18 at 03:07 PM.

12. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Spoiler

Also

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...d-1205-million

13. Default Re: Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer 3 and Tickets

someone spoiled it in a smega on reboot :c

14. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

I honestly think it's to be expected.

I went with my parents today, and some kid spoiled it loudly right before it began. He and his friends got permanently banned though.

It sucks that so many people desire to ruin it for so many others.

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Saw it yesterday and loved it as well.

My Review

Snoke Speculation (Why I believe Snoke is X)

16. Default Re: Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer 3 and Tickets

Movie worth seeing in theaters, but opening night? Absolutely not worth the trouble imo. I share similar complaints, hated the villain, and the lightsaber fights were beyond poorly choreographed, it was painful to watch

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

TBH memories grow sweeter with time. I watched the originals first time in many years and well... The lightsaber fights are kind of anticlimactic by todays standards and the dialogue is cringeworthy at times. Just look at this:

18. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Agreed. I liked the fight because it shows that Kylo Ren is still as brutal with a major wound and has much to train, and that Rey is untrained as well. Made for some different kind of lightsaber duel, which I enjoyed.

@Khaini, This movie, while loved by many, certainly has split people over the villain. I think that many expected him to be another Vader, while Kylo is both young and unexperienced (Much like Anakin in Episode 2 and 3). Can't wait to see the character grow for Episode 8.

19. Default Re: Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer 3 and Tickets

Look at the swipes, they are quick, they are angled, they are weightless. The saber fights in the movie were heavy cleaves, as if they were wielding great swords. So no, you're just not looking at the right things.

This really wasn't a training issue, and he pretty much completed his training, save for the 'final step' so this whole concept of "THEY WERENT TRAINED" doesn't justify the fact they made light sabers act like they are 100+ lb's. The villain was whiney and unlikable just like anakin and luke were, but had no intimidating quality what so ever with no justification of his suit to begin with. He literally had no similar qualities to either family either, the guy genuinely looks like he belongs in twlight.

Spoiler

20. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

You are literally complaning that the lightsaber duel wasn't the same as a 63 year old trained Jedi Master against a 40 something Sith Lord compared to a Fallen Padawan with a hole on his torso from a Crossbow that literally sent stormtroopers away using a cross guard unstable lightsaber against a girl with nothing but The Force and some basic -staff- training? Okay fine, let's ignore all the context, why not.

There is no middle ground on the Kylo Ren actor though, I liked a lot how he wasn't the perfect villain just yet and that he wasn't a model.