Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Nexon so silly. Didn't block old gm names, and some banned chars still had their igns changed.

And yeah, anyone who makes their igns public this first week is simply dumb.

2. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

There's not even a public bypass atm so if hackers are doing it, it's only a handful.

3. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Would seem to me, with so many not being able to sign in, Nexon would shut down the IGN event. That probably makes too much sense and would be too good of a thing in customer service.

4. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

You don't need one if you're not opening the client itself lol

So take about a dozen people with the ability to log as many accounts as they want using Vpns, with hundreds of igns on a list, sniping faster than anyone who can type.

5. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

I am infinitely sad that the main IGN I wanted from my favorite thing still belongs to an active account.

6. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Me mentioning one ign I got doesn't matter, since I'm likely not going to try changing my current ones for a long time. :/
    I'm still pretty attached to the names I have now, since I've had them for years already.

7. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

I'm so happy. I was able to get around 20 or so names I've wanted for link skills and what not lol. I got Poop. My life is complete

8. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Sadly did not get the name I wanted. Oh wellllll

9. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

didn't manage to get igns i wanted : / but o well im happy with my mains ign and im not greedy for igns

10. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

I managed to get my own name finally (Thorr). I also got my son's nickname. Those were the two I really wanted. Everything else on my list was taken, but tertiary.

11. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Got both my original names (i name changed twice lol) as well as ahri and a few other pokemon/bleach names.

12. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

This event was garbage for me. I could get on and get back this one ign I had in one account like 5 years ago, but the true IGN I wanted I couldnt get it because the game kept freezing on me and when it stopped freezing I started getting tha 11002 error message. By the time the game allowed me to get on it was taken just like all other igns I could ever hope to get.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Going by the rankings, there were 100,000 new characters created since the wipe.
    Seems kind of low for a dozen clb's running 24/7, but maybe the lists of "desirable" IGNs are actually very short.

14. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

On a side note, Mihile link's still broken.

15. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Did they fix the whole event items expire too soon?

16. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

these situations the bots also have a dictionary to attack, while it takes ages for me to think of a name to try. sadly i still have not gotten any names nor thought of anything new to try.

basically, no denying the event was a disaster and lots of people lost their names to bots and will never come back to the game

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yes.

18. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

That's exactly the reason. The majority of the people I knew doing it had only lists of 300-400 IGNs. Obviously all IGNs they felt were the most desirable. When you have that few IGNs, and everyone has basically the same list, only those IGNs would be taken and essentially split among all of them.

Not to mention, some of them were going after IGNs they themselves desired, just as most legits did. IGNs that others might not want.

Honestly, by looking at posts across multiple forums, it almost feels like legit people that did it manually got away with more solid IGNs as a whole when compared to ones obtained by botters.

The only advantage I felt botters had was that some of them knew Nexon would mess up banned player IGNs, and they did. They wiped any player that was billingPP banned, quite a few permanently banned players from awhile back and they didn't block some ex-GM IGNs. See: NXJoe, LAPD, CAPCOM, etc

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yeah, at least as long as they didn't run into the error 11002 thing, or foolishly relinquish their IGNs to try and get them on another character.

20. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

How appropriate.. come back, log in, check out some features and then be utterly disappointed because you can't revert back to the old Hayato hairstyle due to the fact that the new one overrides it completely. Then log off in disgust.

So nostalgic!