Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

A small teaser of the new blockbuster was released on kMS website:

Are you ready for us?

Blockbuster is coming.

Spoiler

2. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Considering the last few "big" updates have been pretty underwhelming I wont hold my breath. Not that I play anymore anyhow, but should still be interesting
    Last edited by Justin; 2015-10-06 at 05:42 PM.

3. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

All I see there are the 6 legendary heroes. Why would Damien be there?

4. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Phantom,Merc,Aran
    Lumi,Evan,Eunwol.
    Interesting wonder if there's gonna be a balance change for them (LUMI BUFF? 1 ATK SPEED PASSIVE -90 DELAY ON A(K) AND 444% ON A(K) THX).
    I wonder why Lumi's pose and rod are so different though.

5. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

"Blockbuster" So I am just assuming it will be more Black Heaven content that carries on the story

6. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

It was hinted strongly at the end of Black Heaven, that Damien joins the fun soon.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Assuming by "blockbuster" they mean things like Black Heaven, I'm not too happy.

It's a lot of development effort put into a play-through-once piece of content.

It's content that isn't MMORPG at all, but some kind of solo adventure. Except it's not even a very good adventure, because you hardly get any choices. And when you do, you get told within two moves that you made the wrong choice, and then get to try again with no penalty. So it's just an hours-long cutscene with breaks for fighting, collecting, or jump quests.

I would much prefer something less flashy but more MMORPG-y, like a new or revamped party quest that's fun to play through many times with your friends, and that gives rewards that make it worth running through more than once. I feel that would be a much better use of developer time.

8. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Noo I hated black heaven :(

9. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

I'm actually excited for this because I feel like the recent maplestory storyline was actually really great.

10. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Yea, I'm scared.

11. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

I played through all of black heaven and I still don't know who that Damien guy is

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

He's not introduced in Black Heaven.
    He's mentioned, but very rarely seen, in other stories, such as the Root Abyss story, Demon's flashbacks, and Ereve Under Attack.

13. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

I wonder how long this blockbuster was in development. Black Heaven took 6 months to create. And yes, at the end of Black Heaven it was hinted that the next blockbuster will have Damien in it.
    Now with the new 2D skeleton animation incorporated, I hope they make a lot of use of this technique in new content.

14. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

He's the Demon Slayer/Avenger's lil bro, who somehow survived the Black Wing's attack on his home and for reasons I don't know, joined the Black Wings as a commander.

Honestly, I want to have a feel of a Mapler vs Mapler to this, like I'm fighting an actually player instead of having another carbon copy "boss floating in the air all while having shit and lazers thrown at me at all directions".

15. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

He did not join the Black Wings group, but became a commander serving the Black Mage.
    If anyone does not know the backstory about Damien, I recommend you to read the official webtoon.

Chapter 1: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6139208...l-webtoon-ch-1

Chapter 2: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6240494...l-webtoon-ch-2

Chapter 3: http://spadow.wordpress.com/2013/10/...ian-chapter-3/

Chapter 4: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6562103...l-webtoon-ch-4

Chapter 5: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6755859...al-webtoon-ch5

16. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

And this is canon?

17. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Yes.

18. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Isn't lumi the middle one on the [edit]right? I see no Rod

Starting from Evan going clockwise: Evan, Mercedes, Phantom, Shade, Aran, Lumi(hardest to identify).
    Last edited by Liable; 2015-10-06 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Clearly I don't know my left and rights

19. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Right below Phantom, you can see he is holding the Rod almost horizontally.

I think Mercedes is te hardest, since no dualbowguns to be found.

20. Default Re: New Maplestory Blockbuster SOON!

Uhh I thought that was Mercedes under Phantom. That looks like a DBG than a rod... (Her posing looks exactly like the official character release art: http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mercedes.png)

I guess I'm wrong then since it doesn't make sense for the right to be luminous since he has short hair?