1. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default [SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY] Season 5 World Championships!

How do we not already have a thread about this?

Things are shaping up pretty interestingly so far. The East vs West lane swap has finally validated some Western meta strategies. Those team icons animations are such bm! The hype is real for group stages so far. I think Tristana is going to be one of the stand out champions in the worlds meta. The juggernauts have their place, but Darius did not step up to the plate (probably because he was playing his own dunkmaster game).

/* NA hype is real after the C9 upset. I don't think there's any reason to get too excited so far, but there's a glimmer of hope! CLG delivered as promised even if it was a bit sloppy. I'm still betting they'll land in 2nd for their group. */

I still want to root for TSM tomorrow but I have no real faith with their current strengths and (oh so many) weaknesses. It will be interesting to see how Origen stacks up as well.

2. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

snorefest day 1

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

/* ORIGEN! Now that match was exciting. The ending wasn't quite a true Xpeke finish but Soaz did a decent homage. These 3rd seed upsets are really going to screw up my pick 'em, but so much more fun this way. */
    Last edited by VerrKol; 2015-10-02 at 03:00 PM.

4. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

day 2 was better than day 1 but still pretty meh. Dat genocide tho lol

5. Neutron Straight Male

IGN: ElIuel
    Server: Scania GMS
    Level: 212
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Studio
    Alliance: Legacy
    netherlands

TSM, the only Western team to look insanely bad first 2 group days lol.
    They've looked bad since MSI actually with the exception of maybe 2 games.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I actually missed the live version of this game and just finished it. Bjerg looked really good minus the poor baron call/positioning. If he had a front line to buy him time there could have been a lot more plays. I also thought Dyrus played much better around his difficulties. Yes he got greedy and caught at bot lane, but otherwise he did a great job with the macro game play which had him so heavily punished at MSI and during the top lane meta shift. The reality is that Olaf just isn't an effective champion without speed boosts from Lulu/Karma/Sivir. he just fell so far behind that he couldn't do anything except run away. I would have liked to see Turtle on Sivir or Dyrus on Fiora for that team comp. I get that he wanted the Vayne v Kog match up, but he kind of hung the early Olaf pick out to dry and threw off the whole pick/ban phase. Combine that with fixing stupid mispositions/catches by Santorin and Lustboy and they've got a real chance.

I think TSMs problems today are much easier to fix than they were. It's weird that a loss makes me feel better about their chances.

You also forgot H2K who looked far worse.

7. Neutron Straight Male

IGN: ElIuel
    Server: Scania GMS
    Level: 212
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Studio
    Alliance: Legacy
    netherlands

Bjergsen doing good won't be enough at this kind of stage unfortunately.
    The fact that Santorin has literally 0 presence and Dyrus gets no resources is enough for me to say that TSM has no chance making it out of groups especially with a top favored meta like this. ._.
    TSM has to either make Bjergsen roam and help out either side lanes or have Turtle on a self sufficient adc to free up Lustboy roaming with Santorin imo..

For H2K, they did have to go against both SKT and EDG which are pretty much SSW level groups of this year's Worlds.
    They actually faired pretty decent early-mid game against SKT which is their strength though.

8. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

Dyrus and Santorin need to get their shit together man. I expected less of this after MSG but holy crap they're still playing the same way. Even Lustboy was really underwhelming. Turtle did okay, Bjergsen crushed lane but had no impact in fights.

Bjerg crushing lane isn't enough. I understand what TSM was doing in that game with the side lane pressure to keep mid free, but nothing really came out of it and they just lost fights like they usually do, mostly because of their execution. TSM can't pick assassins for Bjerg if their frontline does so terribly that they can't survive long enough to put down any CC.

Comparing TSM's side lane roams and TPs with every other team's is kind of sad, because TSM's roams are just poorly executed. The 5-man dive bottom barely slid through. Dyrus' TPs were awful. Hell, it just looked like Dyrus was on tilt from the moment the game started. Their gameplan clearly looked like it was to avoid the laning phase and play the map early, which they did, but somehow Dyrus still fell behind with 2 deaths which were completely his fault. I feel like they all just have one huge mental block on them that they can't get past.

I've been a fan of theirs for three years, all I want this worlds is for TSM to get their shit together.

9. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

My Pick 'Ems are all fucked right now ._.

10. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

This was true last season. This season we have Black Cleaver, Righteous Glory, and Dead Man's Plate.

11. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

Basically this.
    It took faker basically one minute to get fb in that olaf game. I was actually laughing when that irelia came in.

12. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TSM TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

BC and DMP sure, but that's a lot of gold before you're allowed to team fight. RG isn't effective stat wise on Olaf and it's become less effective on jungle/support picks.

Best part of Day 4

Still catching up on sat/sun games...

14. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

oh

uhhh...

...༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ C9 TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

EDIT: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE DYRUS YOUR RESPECT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Last edited by chrome; 2015-10-10 at 12:15 PM.

15. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

I swear your energy is like....

Welp, so much for my team to win. But I have to admit, their games were amazing to watch. But they got fucked hard against Fnatic oh my god

16. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Today's games were really good imo.

17. Default Re: Season 5 World Championships!

reward : getting 3-0'd by SKT in the semifinals