Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Madhouse cost nx ?

4. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Agh.. no dark lords event. No hope for me getting 2 more Dark totems.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It was too good of an event.
    They'd much rather recycle the pointless ones.

I'm curious about this asylum dungeon. I hope it's better fleshed-out than Blackgate.

But that's not all:

(4:35)
    What will they be selling next?

6. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Meh. Nothing really interesting to me outside of the name change. Might check out that Madhouse thing, but chances are it's either going to be underwhelming, unplayably broken, or it'll either be 'bugged' or exploitable for the first couple hours, giving out OP EXP/rewards, then nerfed to pointlessness by the time I get off work.

7. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

There were some Dark Lord drops in the video, at least, the quiver. There's a chance it's coming back unannounced at this point. Asylum looks like it's reusing some of the stuff from Mr. Lee's Airlines, like the Nependeath map, or whatever they are on the island, but with a horror or Halloween themed skin.

8. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Selling characters is nothing new. They already sold level 100 character coupons that originated from JMS. Before that even they sold EXP gachapon tickets briefly.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

They might be reusing the Dark Lord's quiver sprite.

10. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

If anyone wants to submit feedback on the paid instant level "character card" items, please do so in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/...150_cash_item/

I'm not trying to gain traffic or whatever (like I care), I was asked to make a thread there.

11. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Selling characters really isn't that big of a deal. If someone wants to spend 25 bucks on something that you can do in a few days for free, let them. They keep the game free by being lazy, or wanting a character quickly.

12. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

More rehashed Haunted House events -_-
    Madhouse looks like a rehash of Mr. Lee's. Even has some of the same monsters.
    Kanna/Hayato revamp, eh? Calling it now, Nexon only included the first part, and not the second which gave additional boosts.
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2015-10-01 at 04:26 PM.

13. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

"
    Over MapleStory’s 10-year history, millions of characters have been created. Many of these characters are no longer played, but the names remain, making it hard for new players to find a meaningful name. We will be changing the names of inactive characters to numerals, thereby freeing up millions of names. You will be able to change the names of one character per world on your account for free!"

define inactive

14. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

I don't really understand the whole under level 200 name change, why isn't it hitting the population of level 50 and lower players? You know that giant population that you mentioned a little while ago that makes up the majority of characters?

15. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

Accounts that have not been logged in since January 1 2013

16. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

I guess they want to make a whole plethora of names available, which this isn't really the best way to do it because as you said the majority of these players are under level 50

17. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

For some reason I died laughing at the Mental Hospital content.

18. Default Re: v.166 - Asylum Update Preview

asylum, madhouse... a not so subtle dig at us for still playing?

a bought level 150. lol
    don't care either way. but i think the fun bits are all below that anyway, since above you just kill at the same map until you get to 250

but that dance floor looks cool, hahaha

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

Meh.
    I realized that they're selling these in conjunction with the server jump event for a good reason.
    You won't be able to move all your characters (KMS had 3, but this preview video showed 7?), so you'll move some and buy instant replacement for the rest of the link mules. Also slots for them. Good $$ off "free" server transfers.

20. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

You can move 6. It likely starts at "6 more" when you haven't transferred any yet. If it happens according to the orange mushroom blog post then we should be able to move 6 characters each in two different events. Otherwise, we'll at least get 6 free transfers.