IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

Spirit of Fir has stated the following:

Honestly, why vote yes for this?This isn't helping the game be any less pay2win, especially if it effects those that still care about their rankings at 200+.

Demand it be implemented for free. Nexon should be providing more viable training areas (or mini dungeons like there used to be). Mini dungeons would provide an effective solution to ksing and not being able to find a map during 2x.

Instead, you have people saying they're okay with paying for a training spot.Why not revamp, say monster park or even MPE and have limited entries per day?Would that not make more sense?

Excuse me? Why would you be okay with this. Demand it be for free.

I seriously don't see how people are essentially saying"i'm okay with paying for something despite the possibility of it being implemented for free."

...what sort of logic is that?

So. I thought I'd post on SP and let those of you who still play the game/care about it know so you can voice your opinions in the above linked thread/poll, since I doubt anyone else is going to post it here.

2. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

Much as the rewards are so lucrative, it makes them about the only source of stuff like GM scrolls etc., which heavily makes it P2W.

In short, no.

*edit* let me add a little something about this too. Yes we've seen mini-dungeons before, and they were useful... kind of, but they had problems such as hiding hackers. At some point of time, even if you can one-shot mobs, the limiting factor is either how fast the mobs spawn, or how fast you can move and kill them. Not only is this not a solution to a long-time problem of grinding, it's just going to make non-NX players look at NX players with green eyes. Just how much more do you want us to hate NX players? [That's probably an overgeneralisation and overstating but you get my point.]

Hadriel

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

Glad to see the MLC is living up to my expectations

I can't imagine why the councillors would think that the players want paid content.
    The players want to be able to train, that's all. Give us simple mini-dungeons like we used to have for the popular training maps, change exp in other maps or PQ's to make them viable (restoring HoH and the rest of Knight Stronghold would be a nice start), make Scrapyard a bit more hospitable (start by not making efficient killers d/c there...), that sort of thing. Not premium dungeons. RLH and such are bad enough, but at least we get some free entries, and it's time limited. Having that sort of thing in our faces all the time would just make us mad.

Are the councillors all funded people who'd gladly pay to be away from the rabble (and get a few nice rewards to make them stronger or richer, in the process)?
    Are they Nexon bootlickers who approve of anything that looks like it will make Nexon money?
    I just don't get it. Why on Earth do they think this is a good idea?

4. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

If we get a free ticket daily like red leaf high then yes I am for it...That way it wouldn't be any different from those types of events.

5. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

I rescind this comment.

6. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

mlc - lol. not sure what they were thinking

i think we are getting them regardless of how the vote goes. perhaps nex was hoping if mlc supported it they could get playerbase to support it - haha funny how that turned out.

not gonna play it anyway.

7. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

Do people even still KS in the year of our Lord 2015?

8. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

This is hilarious (in regards to how the community is responding).

In their defense, I am sure the councillors honestly believe it's for the good of the game.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Unfortunately, yes.
    There are currently only two maps on which levels 165-250 can train effectively, and since that is about 90% of the game's active population... yeah.

10. Donator Straight Female
    canada

The fact that this is probably true is what made me lose faith in the MLC...just when I thought I didn't have anymore faith for them >.>

11. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

In all honesty, I checked the thread on the forums, and the reception towards it has been mostly negative (though there are several people who think it's a good idea). But it still doesn't look good on the MLC's part.

12. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

Hahahaha, the fact anyone is surprised by this astounds me! Really, go browse the "Nomination" posts, it's literally a bunch of 14-16 year olds saying they are qualified for the benefit of the community because they main a specific class. That's it.

It's a giant f`ucking rats nest of people that have no core concepts besides of their own little world and how to make things convenient for themselves. They think concentrating it to 10-15 people is going to help? I can't wait to see the tears of the people on the chopping block who rant and rave how they were good enough and so and so is a hacker or something(It's already in the recruitment threads).

Honestly the only, and I mean only way they are going to fix this is if they actually make a clear direction of what this counselor system is supposed to do. At first it was we take suggestions, to we want you to revamp our classes.

Look the only way you're going to get the people in there that will actually help the community, people like @SaptaZapta; is if the 'application' has questions pertaining to the game, I mean basic formula's to show that they are familiar, take the creation ID date, activity, age (Honestly no one younger than 20), cross referencing of posts between basilmarket/gamerhackseoul. all into account. They shouldn't be accepting people based on their level of essay writing for applications.

They need people with history, who understand concepts to improve longevity not convenience.

13. Donator Straight Female
    canada

@KhainiWest; I always figured the MLC was some sort of 'bandaid fix' to show that "Nexon is totally doing something/listening to the community because it cares"- clearly, because pushing for a fix regarding training that requires NX is certainly in the best interest of the community and not a Nexon cash grab scheme, right?

14. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

I guess this is the issue where we can finally see if they're really here to represent us or if they're just around as figureheads to try and make Nexon's cash grabs easier to stomach for the community.

15. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Seems to me that the Evan councillor just had an idea and decided to post, many of the other councillors are against purely cash only PMDs

There seems to be no coordination within the council, kinda feel sorry tbh, but then again not really

Also, most of the rewards from PMDs are useless for endgame players: GM scrolls are unleashed scroll clones, apples are exactly useless if you cap already, and... who exactly buys mastery books anymore? Unless I'm mistaken and there's more to it than i thought

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

The MLC is Artasi's attempt to get someone else to do his job.

Part of the Community Manager's job is to follow the various forums (official and fansites) and other social media, learn what the players' concerns are, and formulate them into something the higher-ups/developers can understand and act on.
    But no CM was ever able to keep up with the levels of babble the community generates. The mods on the official forums try to keep everything tidy by merging posts on the same topic and moving things around, and Artasi introduced more subsections into those forums, but there's still way too much noise. Basil was always a messy pile of nonsense. I've no idea what the subreddit is like but I assume it also has much ado about nothing.
    Of course it's even harder to keep up when you yourself don't really know the game that well, and are unable to sort the nonsense from the valid ideas and issues at a glance.

So Artasi came up with the idea of having expert player consultants to do all that listening to the public and formulating tidy reports for him. In and of itself, that's not a bad idea.

One would have thought he'd just pick the most sensible of the regulars on whatever forum, and either follow their posts clandestinely or give them an official consultancy position. But I guess he couldn't even follow the forums well enough to recognize such people, so he decided to split the community into "constituencies" by class, and get them to vote in a representative for each. (I guess it says something about the level of his ignorance, if he thought that most player concerns are class-specific.)
    So, @KhainiWest, it's not the applicants' fault that they think they're qualified because they have mained the class for a few years. That was the only qualification given on the recruitment notice.
    That, and not being fansite staff... which blocked me from applying (not sure I would have either way, but it solved the question for me). Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. Of course, then he turned around and recruited subreddit mods and their friends and relatives...

Anyway, at least now he's realized that the class division is silly. We'll have to see whether whatever criteria he uses to select the next batch yield anyone better. And whether the game survives the current ones' good intentions...

The BaM and TheRealDrean (her title doesn't say her class?) seem to like it very much too.

17. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

This was actually Hime's idea but it wasn't implemented because reasons, I don't know why they took it from the hat now, unless Artasi is taking credit for it, which is kind of sh`itty

I'm pretty sure that application had more than that though, and I would feel commoon sense would immediately tell me there is more to it than "I PLAY THIS", then again I guess if that were the case it be communicated in the OP.

It's because you're Southperry staff, that's the only reason.

18. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

That was basically Artasi making sure that staff of fansites he personally doesn't approve of don't apply regardless of how qualified they'd be. So you know, us.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

it may defend them from looking like money-grubbers/nexon bootlickers, but then it stops defending them from being absolute dumbasses
    nexon teaches us that going beyond zero is possible, there's the negatives to go through, your disappointment levels can keep going and going!
    don't say that, girasol was great

20. Default Re: MLC wants to implement 'pay to enter' extra exp dungeons.

And she was fired for it