1. Default v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//3741/

2. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

Was that elite boss change in KMS?

Specifically the boxes.

3. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

Yes, that was implemented in KMS a while ago. We're getting that in GMS now.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

Yes.

Although from what I heard, in KMS, only two characters received boxes: the one who summoned the boss, and the one who did the most damage to it. The description here says anyone who attacks the boss (and is in the correct level range) will get a box.

5. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

KMS has that, I don't know where you get this two-characters only idea from.

Judging by the wording in both notes, in GMS a level 200 can still get one rare treasure box from a level 50 elite boss as long as the damage is dealt, while KMS gives you nothing for being outside the level range.

6. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I don't like how patch notes looks on the new website

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Me neither.
    Way too spaced. Far too little information on the screen at any one time.
    It looks like a draft for a Word document, not like a website.
    But at least they added back the table of contents, which the v163 Update Notes somehow lost in the transition to the new website.

I got it from a guildie who supposedly keeps up with KMS update. He must have misunderstood the system.
    Hm. Not too happy about that. It means "elite scavengers" are back in business. And even better, they are now guaranteed a "rare treasure" for every elite boss they find (whereas before they might end up with nothing, especially when trying to take advantage of a bot-summoned elite, whose rewards then get vacced). I guess the 20 box a day limit should curb the abuse of that.
    This system also guarantees the bots a rare reward every time, but I guess with their vacs they got more than one, before.

Guess we'll see what this does to the css market.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Hmmm.... anybody got an up-to-date list of maps you need to visit for the Beginner Explorer medal?
    The original one included such areas as Kerning Square Lobby and Florina Beach Lookout Shed, both of which are chained-off atm.
    But if people got the PB Secret Diary completed in KMS, then that medal must be obtainable.

9. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

I like some of the changes. Some thoughts of mine...

1) I'm quite pleased with the Elite Boss drop change (and the box limit) because all of it's attacks (not counting touch damage) is %HP based, so it's equally dangerous for a high level person to attack an Elite boss. The only downside is if a poor player has done 90% (or say, 45%) damage to an Elite boss, and a high level player comes and smashes it with capping damage. The poor person is basically snatched of his/her second box.
    2) It also means I have to friggin rewrite my Elite boss guide...
    3) This new attendance check in is so lacklustre.
    4) I feel that they shouldn't delete the Pink Bean character, just set it to be unplayable... imagine transferring high level equipment to your PB character (can you?), then having it deleted...
    5) DIPQ limit halved... saw that coming, but can they raise the monster level cap please...? Also I don't know if making the bonus stages random is a good thing, except that I was really annoyed trying to get the second Hilla vs Magnus monster waves bonus stage, because it's not guaranteed. If they make the bonus stage random but guaranteed I'm quite ok with it.
    6) The Legend Returns minigame solo practice mode! This!
    7) The Maple Burning Field system might make grinding a little less painful, but it makes me feel like I'm the sheep (or shepherd) having to graze the fields evenly...

One other thing. Ever since the IP maintenance, I have been unable to sustain playing the game for more than 5 minutes (I'm playing from UK). I believe it's trying to protect itself from DDoS via IP-side filtering...? If this keeps up, I may be forced to leave the game but I'll still lurk here.

Hadriel

10. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

I got a list which I updated, here you go:
    http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Que...inner_Explorer
    Spoiler

It was apparently updated last patch, since these didn't count for me on mules before that.
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2015-08-19 at 07:50 PM.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

dam the pb title i want but too much work and no time

12. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

Pink Bean can't trade or use storage or pick up items dropped by other players.

13. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜ì°
    Alliance: 깜ì°qkff
    Farm: ì—ë””

It isn't deleted per se... it just stays there until you delete it yourself LOL.
    Also I am 99% sure most of the folks who play GMS will have the title with all those 2x events and what not, it is fairly easy to obtain.

14. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

What worries me the most is that a high level player will haphazardly kill every elite boss in sight for an immediate reward without letting others hit it

Not only are low level elite hunters robbed of their rewards, but the high level player will only get one box for being outside the appropriate level range

If this is a common occurrence the elite boss drops will slowly be depleted

This also means that people having killing one will be reluctant to let their friends come lest someone just steals the boss kill as mentioned, but this isn't a major problem for true hunters

15. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

So it doesn't get mentioned ingame or in the patch notes, but Pink Bean can't use the Monster Life Coin Exchange/Shop, so no easy Diligence from that. They can still access the farm and gain its benefits, though, so I still get the +1s invincibility when hit and +1 target for mobbing skills at least.

16. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

The bonus stage should be guaranteed now, random but still better than waiting 10+ mins to have a chance at getting the 2 alternate bonus stages or getting nothing since they were based on time previously. Definitely should make it easier for everyone to get to them and get the medals and stuff. Course, as a medal collector myself, this is a really welcomed change.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

On the other hand, Mr. Lee's Airlines is a great source of all traits.
    Got level 6 Willpower, Diligence, and Charm today, just by doing the two collect-pages quests, and then escaping off the island in the jet boat.

18. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

anyone noticed that maple equips and some other event collectibles in your inventory have a flashing maple leaf icon on them? what does this mean. do they give special powers for wearing your maple gears? lol

also - agreed with above - new patch notes are so ugly and too much space. old one was perfect, why change?
    also new patch notes format goes messed up if you save it to your computer. so i will have to put it in a word doc or something

19. Default Re: v.165 - Pink Bean: Superstar Patch Notes

The maple leaf thing is related to the Maple (12th) Anniversary Item Collection event, where you place all your Maple items into this UI (which removes them from your possession) in exchange for getting coins, a medal, and other items for collecting them.