1. Default Nexon Launcher & manual updates

The launcher is pretty convenient except when I ran across this problem yesterday. I always download the .patch file and use Fiel's trusty patcher every patch. Upon updating and trying to run the game through the launcher, the launcher stars downloading the same update.

So I guess the launcher can't immediately recognize if I have the latest version or not. Any way I can have the launcher show that I do?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Nexon Launcher & manual updates

From what I've seen, even if you download the game using the launcher, it still tells you you need to do it when you want to play.
    But then it apparently checks the version on your HDD and decides it's current enough.
    Something there is definitely not coded quite right.

3. Default Re: Nexon Launcher & manual updates

Had the same problem, except I ran the manual patch from the website. Ran through the whole updating process again, wasted 1 hour of my time zzz...

Hadriel

4. Default Re: Nexon Launcher & manual updates

Update:

So there is a Nexon folder in my C:\ drive which I assume is supposed to be the default location for where it install games. However, even if I install my games in another location, the launcher still puts in patch data in the Nexon folder. Another thing is that I tried the launcher again and not only was it screwing up the game file verification, but then it decided to go reDL the entire game over.

I put one thing and the other thing together and tried this: I deleted C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\patchdata first. Then I copied all of the contents of my Maple folder into C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\, and then ran the launcher again... and it worked. It verified the game data and DLed the minor patch. Ran the game and now everything is back to normal.