Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

Also the gap between funded players and unfunded is so huge, that it's almost impossible to create a content that everyone can enjoy.

2. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

I'm actually curious about your playing patterns.

I've probably spent <$50 on cash shop cubes/scrolls in my 10 years of play, but my main has about a 120k range. I'm in a pomegranatety situation where I've got enough range to take down the 'easy' bosses, but I'm 'only' 150% boss damage short of taking down anything meaningful. I can do daily bosses all I want, but they either drop crap or drop useful stuff at abysmal rates.

Anyone who actually relies on boss cube drops to cube their gear must be mad. Spend 2 hours a day doing dailies, get like 1 cube if you're lucky, then pray to RNG gods. Rinse and repeat 5, 10, 20, 50+ times per equip.

By all means enlighten the sceptic in me.

3. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

There isn't much to enlighten, you cannot realistically get to the point of killing anything beyond horntail or normal root abyss at most without putting in unreasonable amounts of time for a CHANCE at making an upgrade here and there. It's asinine.

No one can seriously think one or two cubes a day makes any sort of meaningful progress when it generally takes 10+ cubes just to rank up to epic from rare. Those that are getting 5 cubes a day are the ones who have legendary accessories with 20% and 40% drop rate, wolf familiars, buying 2x drop cards and are completely skewing the way drop rates actually are.

Try playing a week with just a spider familiar and see the reality before your eyes for pete's sake. No amount of time will get you to end game in Maplestory without paying up somewhere along the line.

4. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

That's what pomegranatety free to play game models are like.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

My guildy recently reached 1m range on his main without ever using NX.
    He bosses on multiple characters (not major bosses, obviously), he crafts cubes, he farms reward points on 3 or 4 accounts, and of course he does all events for things like Epic pot scrolls, protection/safety scrolls, and more cubes.
    Yes, it's a lot of work, but he manages it while going to university full time.

He probably would not be able to reach 2m range this way in any reasonable amount of time, unless further pay2win reductions are made. Nonetheless, 1m is a far cry from 120k.

For starters, you should Gollux daily and get yourself a perfected reinforced set. Superior if you have the meso for the pendant.
    CRA set is reasonably cheap in FM normally (right now Queen and Pierre are glitched, so hats and pants are unreasonably expensive. But once they're fixed the prices should drop again). Spell trace them (mostly the weapon) during spell trace fever time. Star enhance the weapon to 12 stars.
    These two sets alone should take you over 120k, even if they have no potential to speak of. Then get Epic pot scrolls from event shops, and start cubing.

6. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

Edit:
    I'm just in a bad mood, I'm going to retract my posts
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2015-07-29 at 01:20 AM.

7. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

I usually play everyday and do all of my daily bosses except for Empress, CRA, HMag and so forth. My guild does daily party Commerci runs and sometimes we get lucky enough and split the money. We started small but every week we did major bosses, ala Empress and so on. We got to the point where the only boss we were not killing weekly was Vellum. After a while of that, using the psok from the reward points, I've saved enough money to get stuff. Ontop of that I do my Starplanet dailys everyday till I'm maxed out. I've done this since cubes came from bosses. I've been playing Maple since the first Halloween event in GMS so I've had years amassing of money I never spent becuase I was happy where I was. It just became a daily routine for me once I got all my work done for school and otherwise. Sure, RNG is always present when cubes drop, but 10 bare minimum cubes a month on my equips that are already epic or higher ain't that bad all things considered.

8. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

Doesnt matter it not like they going to decrease dmg cap then all the funded player would quit then nexon wont make money
    as long nexon keep making money they will and might increase dmg cap in the future.

9. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, though. Just because it's POSSIBLE that doesn't mean it's realistic or should be done. First off, How many hours of gameplay do you think that is a day? I'm leaning towards 6, easily. More time than 90% of players have on ANY given day. Second, he REQUIRES multiple accounts to even achieve that much, and is borderline abusing the system and events to achieve those ends. All of which are heavily frowned upon by Nexon.

This isn't about something being possible to do, this is about it being fair, reasonable, and doable to the general populace. No one should have to have 3 or more accounts just to build up one character to not even 1/5th what the real money spenders are doing. Not to mention European players don't even have that option.

Bottom line is, there is no justification for the time:reward ratio in this game. It's blatantly shifted towards the pay wall end, and is not a goal anyone should really strive for.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Y'all are some crusty, salty ex-maplers that's all I have to say. It's no wonder SP isn't recognized as a fansite anymore, who wants to listen to old cronies like you guys.

TBH before I clicked on this thread I was expecting OP to be pikmennamom or however you spell his name.

11. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

Edit:
    I'm just in a bad mood, I'm going to retract my posts
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2015-07-29 at 01:19 AM.

12. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

It's only because we're crusty, salty ex-maplers that we know what's wrong with the game. Playing a game shouldn't be a chore like this one. Some of us have lives outside of MapleStory and what little free time we do have, we sure as hell don't want to waste it on the game as it stands now.

13. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

Putting a game out there for what it is doesn't make us "crusty, salty ex-players". Turning a blind eye to a blaring problem like a large amount of the remaining players are solves nothing. There's nothing wrong with continuing to enjoy Maplestory, but don't sit here and take it personally when we criticize the game for being the heaping pile of dung that it currently is.

14. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Nexon clearly isn't doing better listening to itself. You make it sound like the users here has only played Maple and Maple alone. Most if not all the users here have probably played a large handful of different f2p games and have different opinions on how they handle their monetary aspect. Its the fact that most of us played for a long time that our opinions of the game has basically changed. a new player talking about this topic wouldn't get anywhere. The fact is the game is clearly losing a lot of players and there is basically many signs of it. Its also already known that Nexon America has extremely bad management skills with the games they publish. Every attempt that Nexon has tried to reach out the community has been pretty much moot point(Polls, fansites, community managers, physically bringin people into their HQ only to have everyone sit in a room and talk about stuff while unrelated staff writes everything down on paper).

15. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

This game obviously took a turn in the positive direction

why do you think its been open for 12 years?

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=74551 throwback EXACTLY 1 YEAR AGO TCH TCH TCH

17. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

wow, i honestly thought better of you

18. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

just droppin' in for the annual "nexon suck, ms dying" thread, see ya guys next year

19. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

There is a clear distinction between someone who is just salty and angry from this game, and someone who genuinely would like to play this game again, but nexon's incompetence has been clearly shown over and over again.

Yes they are improving. No one is denying this. No one is stating that the game has only been going down hill, maple history isn't so simple as to say this specific era of maplestory was the best ranging from pre big bang, post big bang or other big patches that people like to reference.. They all had their problems. But the issue that a lot of people have, is that even though nexon is improving on trying to lessen the pay to win gap, they aren't doing enough for it in GMS. While the disparity was smaller in KMS, that the fixes they implemented worked for their community, The power difference between players in GMS is so big, that the tiny bandages that they are putting on a missing limb is clearly not enough. And its this that is turning players off.

I Genuinely Love Maplestory as a game, and for the most part it was the game i played almost inclusively for the last 10 years, as in NO other MMO or online game, but i haven't played it in a few months now, because i have more important issues in my life to deal with, and the fact that to maintain the amount of damage i have and try to keep improving is equivalent to working a full time job. And before i get dismissed as the reason being because i have such low damage
    This was a good time before i quit. I got even stronger before this. This game without spending money, requires such a dedication and commitment that it is absolutely ridiculous, and when you reach the awkward phase where you're in between being able to solo end game bosses and not, you get some insight on how much EFFORT it takes without being given handouts by illegitimate players, who milk the system with bad activities that harm and make it more difficult for others to get to the position they are of being able to solo almost all end game bosses, or partaking in their bad behavior, or having to stoop to technical* ethical behavior in regards to the game, which most people just do to bridge the gap and get up there with the boss soloers. *Technical in regards to that because nexon didn't openly state it to be bad, that abusing certain things is okay*

I'm not sure what SP being a fansite even means in the context of this thread or to your argument, but i'm just going to mention the fact that SPers can announce their disapproval of the game and actually state why they dislike the game and stay on the forums or not have their topic locked up or deleted, speaks for a lot more than some forums out there, some of which you are a member of. I would rather take a dictatorship that allows me to comment on the system in place, than one where any form of disagreement is par for being expelled.

I would also like to point out to the people that are saying well, KMS is doing GOOD so you guys are just being whiners, GMS will never be and isn't KMS. Any arguement that begins that since kms is GOOD, you guys are just complaining is doomed to fail, because you're essentially comparing Apples and Lemons. Sure they are both 'sweet' but you would never say that a lemon taste like an apple or vice versa. Each Version of their game have distinctions and differences and its in the differences that GMS players have been finding that they are basically being shoved to the side in favor of whales.

TLDR: Rant on why i think the quoted opinion is biased and not based on the reality on what maple players have to put up with. And how people comparing KMS to GMS have a skewed perception on what gms players have to deal with.

Also yes i know, im vastly unpopular with you guys, but honestly i couldn't help myself from commenting on this because it is something i actually find important to me. So Pom away.

20. Default Re: [Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.

This.

This shi't is fu'cked. The gap is f'ucking huge and theres nothing in between to fill the distance between pomegranate like normal magnus (which I'd consider the most realistic boss to solo without nx) and cRA. The gap to Lotus is even higher, even when you take into account PARTY PLAY.