Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

Would the game be better or worst? share your opinion and vote

I Vote Yes because there nothing left to fund and there no more reason to get better gear and play this game because you already hit cap and pretty much beat the game.

2. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

for pineapple's sake, it was bad enough when they suddenly took all my work to hit 999,999 on every line and pomegranate all over my progress when they raised it to 50m.

3. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

I'm still salty over this.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

please, i miss the older-er cap that only pallies could reach, what was it, 300m?

5. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

You know it's going to happen when it's time to fight the Black Mage in all his 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 HP glory.

6. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

Wasn't that for heaven's hammer though?

7. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

Whatever damage cap is in place should be irrelevant. The problem is that it can be reached. That should never have happened.

Way too late to do anything about it though.

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

more solos more cheap gear.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

more cubes to reach this newer cap

Spoiler

10. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

The choice of raising the damage cap was not a good one IMO, because it was a display of lack of creativity into how to make the game more attractive, more interesting. A game shouldn't be reduced to just something all about numbers.

Hadriel

11. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

A reorganization of sorts could still take place, especially with the "Reboot" server on it's way.

I agree, the cap should never be able to be reached. pineapple the 2m-2m mentality of playing this game. B> 999,999 cap again.

12. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

the biggest problem with the cap being 50m is the fact that they just straight up said "pineapple your free progress" to all the players, because you're going to have to cube the pineapple out of everything to even get close to that.

13. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I don't really think it would be a good thing, but I kind of expect some sort of new raise when we have an impossible boss like hard lotus (and probably more to come in the future).

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

You know what cap the need to raise urgently? The Frigging Mesos Cap, i mean just look at all these trillions of mesos i can't even hold. B> Infinite Meso Cap.

15. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

Mesos should have never had their cap raised.

16. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

I know what you're thinking/feeling about it, and I'm half-and-half with that too...

Here's the thing. MS is a continually meso-generating system i.e. there is infinite resource (given sufficient time). A cap is imposed either 1) arbitrarily, or 2) due to hardware/software reasons. Game developers must recognize the fact about infinite resource early on, and implement useful resource sinks, and then the game must have avenues that allow for real money to come into play that provides either 1) an alternative to in-game resource (faster, easier access, limited content), or 2) orthogonal content (cash shop items, appearances etc.).

If caps are reached, then we should ask if a) did the developers foresee that coming, and b) what next? Potential system etc. made reaching the cap much faster, so really if I were a developer, I should go back to the drawing board and even before the drawing board (i.e. the original concept), and ask the question: what's the point of the cap? I don't care whether it's a meso/resource cap, or a damage cap, but there must be multiple goals that are rewarding and useful.

IMO, the cap should be raised only for a good reason, and Nexon hasn't exactly given the best alternatives for rewards or sinks. Only now do I feel that there is a decent sink (star force enhancement), but that was long after an enormous amount of resource generation (legit and non-legit) after many years. Content and ideas generated, looking back, have been developed without deep foresight and planning, and so the caps were raised as a temporary measure. It's basically inflation of the economy and game-content. MS could have been far more successful, even with the content they've created, but these days when I come back and play for a while, it's eerily quiet...

tl;dr caps should be there for a reason, and game developers need far more foresight.

Hadriel

17. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

I completely disagree. You can actually buy cubed and scrolled equips with mesos because of that 10bil cap. Now I'm sure you're not saying that and you just mean inflation never should've gotten as bad as it is, but that's because maplestory has no means of erasing currency from the economy. Literally everything is exchanged between player hands.

Star force alleviates it a tiny bit but it isn't nearly enough. Thing is, Nexon is so hellbent on making progress through in game means so time consuming and impossible to actually manage that they'll probably never bother actually implementing a worthwhile meso sink.

18. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

I remember when I was lvl 64 and I met this Fighter hitting Pepes 3.4k a power strike while I could only hit 2.8k, making me feel noob. Guess how much it sucks to hit 3m per line right now when there are people hitting 20m per line and are considered weak.

I want the damage formula to be tweaked so that hitting 100k is impossible.

PD: That was back when there was no 3rd Job.

19. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

It would be a great way to make money!

Remove the cap don't tell any one about it and watch people try and cap spending more and more on cubes.

20. Default Re: What would happen if maplestory remove the damage cap from 50mil to 1bil or more?

The reason I said what I said was due to the market more or less becoming worse than it was.

I know pre-cap raise there were some items selling for 5b or something along those lines. With the cap raised to 10b I can totally see how that helped. Except..well. now that 5b item people are trying to sell for 15b.
    Pre cap raise items that sold for 1b now sell for..4? 5? (as an example).

So raising the cap did not just give us a bigger wallet. Raising the cap allowed and encouraged players to charge obscenely high prices for items that would be nearly impossible to obtain through straight training/questing/bossing the game. Now the player needs to try to merch in the FM to even afford equipment worth a damn.

That level 140 quest that rewards 50-100k meso isn't worth pomegranate when your weapon from the FM costs multiple billions now. Straight up grinding and looting mesos is worth little more than potion money, whats a few mil when you need billions?