Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Want instant notification of new extractions, announcements and updates? Follow Southperry on Twitter!

-----

The skill changes are big (approx. 874 KB) so they're going to be split up into multiple chunks.

Job Changes Part 1

2. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Job Changes Part 2

3. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Job Changes Part 3

4. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

NPC
    Item
    Character

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Thanks.

Armageddon
    Changed - Hitbox (500% --> 500%)
    I still don't like it but ok, the lower range was more annoying, better than before though so I am surprised they kept it.

6. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Hm, so they made Trifling Wind a toggle skill now. Kind of pointless when Song of Heaven hits 4 mobs.
    The change to Orbital Flame for BWs is so backhanded it hurts. Reducing the range of the orb, and replacing their reinforce hyper with a range increase hyper? Really Nexon?
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2015-06-26 at 01:50 AM.

7. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

the changes to zero make me want to punch something

this is legitimately "ragequit harder, the patch"

if they want to make the game better, pineappleing revert the damage cap and mob hp change, for christ's sakes.

8. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

I don't even understand why they're nerfing them in the first place... they do good damage with little gear, yeah, but that's all they have going for them. They're inconvenient at bosses (No single target skills whatsoever), their skills force a LOT of movement (Which easily gets you killed), and even if you're capping? Your overall DPS is pretty low since their hits/second are such trash. Completely unwarranted nerfs in my eyes.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

So Nexon completely gave up on fixing Armor Break. If the new version only affects 1 attack per sec, you're actually encouraged NOT to use Arrow Blaster since it's relatively weaker attacks wouldn't benefit as much from the gigantic multiplier on CRA style bosses. Since Arrow Blaster no longer activates FA or presumably Magic Arrows, it's probably not worth casting. The DR activation was always annoying as hell, but it's real problem was the relatively short installation time which made it irritating to use.

I do like the overall WA changes, but the elemental resistance ignore was really the main reason for their success. I guess the massive 40% boss damage and other buffs pretty well evens things out.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not even sure if Armor Break would activate for Blaster...

10. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

I mean, good damage with little-to-no funds is why they nerfed F/Ps too..... I agree that it's a problem and that they should've been nerfed, but their need to be nerfed is a problem that Nexon created so. :\

11. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Why wouldn't it? It does currently.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Well they're changing it so it's won't activate AFA or MA so another undocumented change wouldn't be surprising

13. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

It never triggered magic arrows so thats no change, I don't see why they would restrict the turret from triggering armor break.

14. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Because having it activate AB would actually lower your damage?

15. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Look at the way armor break activates now, it triggers consecutively often 2-4 hits. I think it'll probably do the same this time and I don't think it would lower your damage at all.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

That's not the way Max describes it at all. The whole point is that they're changing the way it activates because it was never procing correctly. It will only activate on one attack per sec. So if you're at a CRA boss with 300% def you would hardly want to waste that gigantic multiplier on a measly 140% skill that already wastes a lot of time on setup. It might still be beneficial if you're having to dodge around a lot, are fighting a low def boss, and for the hits/sec when capping but those situations don't affect me if I were playing so I'm unimpressed.

17. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

Will reboot have Cubes in the Cash Shop? Anyone know?

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I'm kinda wondering how everything will be like once the dust settles. Some of the nerfs seem really dumb though, like taking away 10% status/element resist from Beta to give to Alpha. I mean what's up with that?

19. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

If it's truly not based on the cash shop then it shouldn't.. but you might have to ask highonmushrooms.

20. Default Re: KMS 1.2.238 - MapleStory Reboot

With link skills and willpower Beta goes way over the 100% cap anyway, so I'd say that was actually a good move. Alpha needs it.