Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11879857

2. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

They just want to know if they can kill it off for good. It is not like the people working there now has any chance in hell to do the kind of work that the original Masteria team did.

3. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Why do they want to change the text?

Last time they did the alien expansion thing the dialogue for the quests was dire compared to the original. I hope they aren't planning to go back to that sort of thing.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Maybe somebody complained that there was too much text there. Instead of the NPCs just telling you "go collect N drops from X monster" they tell you stories that take up several maximum-size-with-scrollbar dialog boxes. People of the "tl;dr" persuasion can't be bothered with those.

I hope they don't get rid of the stories. The stories are essential to an understanding of Masteria. And the people who don't like it can just use their NPC Chat key to speed through.

5. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Actually, it's the opposite. Nexon wants the same type of engagement the original release had, but they need ideas. Clearly they're incapable of coming up with amazing content on their own, as the alien invasion showed.

What would you guys like to see? I can pass along information in MLC. I've already opinions on a lot of basic stuff (story/lore expansion, krakia, versal, vineland) but if anyone has specifics that would be cool.

I have been and will continue to make it clear that the elaborate, epic story of Masteria has been essential to its success and it needs to stay that way.

For clarification: all I can do is pass along ideas. This does not mean any of it will become reality, and with complex ideas, I can almost guarantee Nexon won't put resources into it, but we can try.

6. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

@PirateIzzy

I think ^he is one of the few you need to talk to in regards to ideas for masteria. He is full of them

7. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Does this include the whole Tynerum or just NLC and its surroundings? IMO:

-The story of Phantom Forest sucks.
    -The story of San Commerci needs more new kinds of Gameplay, not just hunt X monsters to proceed.
    -They both need to relate deeper to the original Black Mage story.
    -We need Heaven Empire as a new high level area.

As for the old Masteria Something needs to be made clear. The story of the old Masteria is a big clusterpineapple. The original story had a crapton of loose ends which were supposed to be developed in future expansions, then the original team split and the plans were dropped/couldn't be expanded. Then the "reboot" or whatever was released, which did nothing for improving the area or its story and instead made everything even more of a mess. I dont think Nexon should attempt to fix or develop the current lore of the area at all but instead reboot the hole thing. What purpose serves foreshadowing Krakia, Versal, the Taru tribe or w.e and the meso gears if they will never release any of that?. They need to put their focus on a single one and do their best in bringing them to life then move to the next one.

8. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Eh, I'm kind of worn out of those ideas.

Just NLC and its surroundings. Tynerum/Commerci are part of Dawnveil.
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2015-06-19 at 08:42 PM.

9. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

I would rather NLC and the area in general be expanded upon. I really wanted the Krakia jungle implemented, and that giant door in the one area in NLC to be accessible. They also need to incorporate the Pirate boss into CWKPQ. I think adding exclusive area equips would also revitalize the area. That could also be a nice money sink. It would be nice to have a questline maybe where you could save the original Grand Masters from becoming corrupt or disappearing. I'm not sure if the bosses in CWKPQ are the original Grand Masters or not.

10. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

All of this has been suggested/talked about, except the thing about Grand Masters. I'll bring it up.

I've personally been pushing for:
    - expansion of Krakia/vineland/versal/bigger ben
    - area exclusive equips that fit the current state of the game
    - CWKPQ revamp/expansion (or at the very least a fix. that pomegranate is buggy as hell)

11. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

They're not, they're the leaders of the Versalians that took over the Keep.
    @Marksman Bryan; do you think Nexon wants to read what Isaac wrote about Masteria many moons ago? I can go fetch that from the purge if necessary.

12. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

I was looking for that and couldn't find it. I would absolutely love to post a link to that information.

Unfortunately, several of the councillors are newer players and have never/barely done anything Masteria related and have no idea how epic and awesome the story and lore was, so if they could read this, it would help them out as well.
    But Nexon definitely needs to read it as well since it's pretty clear they have no idea what they should do or know anything about its history.

13. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Yeah, you can't find it because it was part of the purge of everything before a certain date.

EDIT : @Marksman Bryan; and anyone else who wants to read it : http://pastebin.com/y4ZyHFzB

Pictures are gone since I couldn't view the post source. They're still in the original post but it didn't seem worth the hassle to add them back in.

14. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

I couldn't care less I want to see bug fixes and them pushing out content faster and banning more hackers. We don't even have Hekaton yet... functions fine in EMS.

15. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Things this area/game needs:

Chaos CWKPQ, with some unique mechanic to it. Like, for example, the masters you kill come back as ghosts that you cannot hurt, but they still can hurt you, and even worse than alive, making you having to choose in what order they go down. Like, suffer from debuffs from Margana, or kill her and suffering her castings of DR on the still alive masters? Stuff like that.

New bosses inbetween the "Easy soloable bosses" and the "OH GOD I'D NEED A TEAM OF 100". Right now there's a point somewhere after Pink Bean where you can't duo a boss with someone your level in that point without it dying in like 10 seconds/1 minute.

Finish some stories. Masteria had a lot of misterious lore that needs to be concluded. Maybe not all, but some areas need to be released to keep the story flowing.

New items and out of the box mechanics and maps! I remember when masteria first appeared that there were some new stuff that was incredibly interesting, like deputy stars, headless horseman appearing in many places, as if he was roaming around (same with Bigfoot... OF GOD THOSE STOMPS), or the maps full of personality. Not flat, and that was amazing when it first appeared. The rest of the maps, like the revamped ones for destroyed NLC, feel like they were made so you had to think less... Screw that, we want interesting mechanics! And sometimes, an intelligent map does the work. Same with interesting items with a twist. Like those weird JMS medals with weird stats.

More goggles. That's always nice.

16. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

It looks like web archive has it captured with what looks like the same content. http://web.archive.org/web/200909180...read.php?t=218

17. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

God. Reading through all of it again makes me angry they missed all the incredible potential for expansions and epic storyline. F'ucking pathetic they hyped up the alien invasion so much.

I'm going to petition to bring NXProse back, or at least get his ideas for a stipend or something. Who was the other one that worked on it? NXJoe?

-_-

18. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

Joe and Prose, yes.

19. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

i'd say don't mess up what we have already. if changes are made make them in a new area expansion. last time the lame aliens was rejected by the players quite resoundingly

20. Default Re: [FEEDBACK] We Want To Hear From YOU! - Masteria Story Feedback

That's the one thing Nexon has right. They don't want to mess with the existing areas for nostalgia reasons.