Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

http://orangemushroom.net/2015/06/15...-introduction/

*Equipment and Stat changes is coming.
    *2D skeleton animation introduction, don't know what that is.
    *An upgraded Mu Lung and KFT's coming back, after like two years+?
    *Another server and a boss raid.
    *Apparently, the new job's name is Kinesis. It's totally gonna be a mage.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Kinesis? That explains the flying bus.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

kinesis ... sounds like creator from dfo ;3

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

YES! Psychic job! I called it XD

Hadriel

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Hyper stat system? What kind of stats are we expecting to see? I'm hoping for critical damage.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

plznexon Attack speed +1

7. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

I know we all have the lurking feeling the hyper stat system will end up like cubing

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

That's probably what I'd want the most as a Marksman since it seems they won't be buffing it or anything.

9. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Holy pomegranate!
    That actually sounds like a lot of fun

Seeing how GMS didn't get Supreme world, there's a chance we won't get this Reboot world either

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Well, Supreme World was supposed to be EMS exclusive. And it was somewhat unbalanced. Developers said it specifically, that they are creating this world as they can't fix the burden on Cash Shop in normal worlds completely. Which is kinda very sad. :/

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

sounds a lot like d3

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Reboot world got me like

I'm all about that life. No merchants, no kids stealing their parent's credit card, no "balanced around power creep/real money cubes." Honestly, this would bring me back to Maple. Grinding and farming for gear, while tedious, is what the endgame is supposed to be in most games, IMO. You shouldn't be able to buy your way to the top, and I'm so very happy that they are including cosmetic items in the Reboot CS. It seems very similar to D3, and if they do it correctly, it could be a great success. This is the first time in a LONG time that I've been excited about Maple, and I hope I'm not the only one.

13. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Level: 200
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Are you so gosh darned fed up with finding a Speed Infusion user? Well now you can deal even more DPM with a Spear! That is fantastic! *Golf Claps*

*Sigh* As if making Pole Arms weaker isn't enough for me to stay away from Pole Arms, Weapon Mastery just gives you a speed boost if you wield a Spear. That is a salt in an open wound because you don't need Speed Infusion to reach max Attack Speed if you use a Spear. It probably would have been a useless buff anyways IMO if Pole Arms have the same attack power as Spears as you can use the Green MPE Potions to add in the extra Attack Power.

Also SPEAKING OF Weapon Mastery, if you wield an Axe, you actually gain a 5% Damage! That seems like a very good thing for Axe Wielders, right? *Crickets chirping* As much as I love it, that's a slap in a face for Sword wielding Heroes as they get nothing from Weapon Mastery like Pole Arm wielding Dark Knights. That's just downright biased, coming from this guy that loves Axes more.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

I think they're pushing for each class maining its own weapon and fixing what maple started with (hence the reboot).
    Heroes: 2-handed axe
    Paladin: 2 handed BW
    Drk: Spear
    Magicians/Evan/BW: Wands
    Kaiser: 2-handed sword
    Mihile: 1-handed sword
    Demon Slayer: 1-handed axe/bw
    BaM: Staves
    Aran: Pole Arm

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

I mean currently there's absolutely no reason to use either Axes or Spears over Swords and Polearms respectively so..... I think it's a step in the right direction.

16. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

My main problem is that Pole Arms in later levels and new ones are weaker than Spears by attack power. Pole Arms are the ones that need fixing. I don't think making them faster will do anything as you easily can get max Attack Speed with a Slow-7 weapon (unless that MPE potion brings your weapon to Very Fast-1 if I'm not mistaken.)

As for Axes, Normal-6 ones outweigh the Slow-7 (I'm talking about Two Handed Axes) ones in terms of availablity. One Handed versions I can understand as One Handed Swords has Fast-5 as their slowest speed (If I'm not mistaken)

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Except, as I recall, they have faster attack speed and so the disparity between weapon attack "balances" out. I use scare quotes because spears don't have enough attack to make up for the 1 speed stage difference.

I mean, it's too late to really fix anything anyways so it'll be a vicious cycle.

18. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Please explain to me by "balancing," because I don't see it as balancing. If it is, then it is a bad example of balancing. It's very easy to reach max Attack Speed without the funds. Reaching max Damage? You need a lot of funding which made me ask myself "What's the point in having Attack Speed when it's easy to reach?"

Therefore, I just chose Spears over Pole Arms when making a Dark Knight as the weaker attack power Pole Arms have is too glaring for me to ignore. It wasn't a big deal before all the Spears got their speed changed to Normal-6/

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Simple: as virtually anyone can tell you, the extra base damage on a Spear (18 more on a Spear for Fafnirs) does not make up for the -1 speed difference. If I remember correctly, one level of speed represents an approximate 10 percent damage increase.

You say it's easy to hit the speed cap, which I don't think is all that true since the only cheap and readily available to an average player will take you only -3 (Booster, MPE Green), which gets you the cap with a Pole Arm but one short for a Spear. And even then, since MPE Greens lift the cap, any extra speed becomes desirable so even if you can afford DSI or get a +1 AS IA, Pole Arms still have an advantage.

20. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Still, you just have to party with someone with Speed Infusion, so that's a total of -5. Like I said, it's easy to reach Max Attack Speed unless you only care what's raw. That's why Pole Arms are at a disadvantage IMO as making them weaker was a dumb move on Nexon's part.

Edit: Pretty much the slowest speed that can reach Max Speed in total is Normal-6 (Which is what I was talking about!) and not Slow-7 (Which I thought it is because I didn't think Green MPE potions bypass the attack speed.) I probably wouldn't be complaining about it if Nexon removes the Attack Speed cap, which I highly doubt it will happen.