1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Well... they gave him 100% passive stance, which you have to admit he should by rights have, as a warrior.

But yeah, my Bishops will be very unhappy about that.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

I'll check it out soon but it's not mentioned in the patch notes so I don't think it has been added yet. They did mention it in their summer update plan so it might be in a later patch.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Wait...they took away the ability to use skills without arrows? The most basic thing that's existed since this game's launch?

What.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

No, they did that with Archery Mastery. Soul Arrow still exists.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Yeah Soul Arrow is now the 'no arrows' skill once more, but its glitched in Tespia and doesn't work so you need to have arrows lol.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Hahaha.. 20% chance to activate armor break and 13x damage. Solo CV with sub 1m range probably if they ever fix how armor break triggers with hurricane, AFA, magic arrows and turret.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Everyone's freaking the pineapple out but I'm loving the nerfs. I hope they nerf everything a lot more though. The power creep is too real.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

If they nerf stuff any more, it'll either make most people quit the game or just widen the gulf between those who spend a lot and everyone else.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That would be true if they also lowered the damage cap.
    As it is, all they're doing is making it harder to reach. Which means Pay Even More 2 Win.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Yea the power creep sure is too real with everyone soloing all these endgame bosses and being able to access all of the games content from just their characters skills alone yep.

Yes.

Turtally true Nerf everyone!!!

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Those Hero changes are like... meh. Rising Rage needs to be changed so the character is not tied up to the animation, somewhat like a summon. You cast it and then you can keep attacking with Raging blow while Rising Rage's animation and damage keeps going on its own. The same should be done with a lot of ultimate-like skills because the way they are now they are either useless or a threat to oneself during boss fights.

That is an ability a lot of jobs, if not all of them should have. Adding shielding (for some jobs) and dodging (for the rest) as new mechanics to the game would make combat so much more dynamic and fun than what it is like today. That alongside a worldwide potion cooldown would make training and fighting bosses more complex and IMO way more fun than simply spamming 1 attack for hours. In the case of bosses it might require other adjustments but it can be done. It might be whats needed to help make using multiple skills while training something convinient unlike how it is now.

I get where you're coming from, but in that case what the game needs is not to nerf every job to lower the damage output but to change the damage formulas. It would be a lot easier and efficient.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

The parrying skill Mihile has now should have been given to all class with a shield. Though with greatly reduced effects.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

I wonder, would the backlash over these nerfs be as great if we weren't so used to buff after buff after buff?

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Just why I say Maplestory is basically a fancy dress up game these days.
    Why invest in making your character strong when Nexon plays you like a yo-yo?

On the other hand, my Mihile is ready for this. I knew running him through Black heaven wasn't a futile mistake.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

The mihile changes seem intersting, because to me at least, Mihile has always played like a cross between a paladin and a Hero. Now he has the tankyness of a paladin and has good dpsing ability. Which is still a fusion between pally and hero.

Sucks for the link skill though as i knew a few people still used it. Kinda curious how useful the new effects of it are now.

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

As a bowmaster, I'm liking this patch. Biggest problem since Red was always that arrow blaster would activate DR, meaning using it on a boss that could DR was basically suicide because you can't cancel it except by making a new one, and it's next to impossible to do that in time without superhuman reflexes. Apparently no more DR on arrow blaster, so if the cost to that is only 50% uptime, fine by me. Everything else got some moderate improvements that should make them fairly competitive now.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Well they have to start somewhere.

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

At first I was puzzled about Bishop's new cooldowns, though they were not dreadful at all, but now I'm guessing they are to balance a bit the zero HP pots/all cures usage when soloing and to encourage more party play.

I think this is what it still needs:
    - Divine Protection should be an On/Off skill, counting down each time it works and activating automatically. With that cooldown and that many buffs with cooldowns, it's difficult to prioritize its use or track it. Gee I don't even have space on my visible keys to give it a look. Dispel also makes it pretty useless, so its focus should be to save the Bishop's butt first continously so he/she can focus on the party.
    - Holy Fountain should be area healing automatically, like Evan's Aura. Acting like a portal is beyond inefficient since the Bishop can attack and heal the party with Angel Ray, while members don't reduce DPM stopping to heal themselves. If that is too counter-productive after giving Heal and Dispel cooldowns, it could be changed to give enhanced ailments resistance, damage/% damage reduction or immunity to DR while on its area. Either of those.
    - Since the death count system now gives Resurrection less use, Heaven's Door cooldown should be reduced to have its protective buff active more frequently. It could also maintain its cooldown time but the buff should be stackable to up to two or three times so parties have more opportunities bringing a Bishop with them.
    - Something not that necessary but nice would be Bahamut's attacking intervals being faster while buffing and on a party.

I'd be completely pleased with this, at last. c':
    Last edited by Yorckie; 2015-06-14 at 07:24 PM.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

They just need to make I/L mage to have Storm Spirit ulti... That would be more interesting.

20. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

I think it's the reason why there's such a backlash, We all thought Nexon had smarten up'd In the aspect of class balance, or so I believe.
    But in the end, they've ruined that momentum that they've made, In a single patch, just amazing.
    I personally thought Nexon is going towards a slightly brighter future, Less P2W (SF), Buffing everyone up towards the direction of the "OP" classes, and so on.
    But now they aren't even sure of SF (smh), they destroyed thier momentum, and what not.
    I really had hopes they'll stop nerfing everything and just give a hand towards the weaker classes, and they've done so, until now...
    The worst part is the fact, that some not so "op" classes were hit as well, for no reason.

Besides wtp is an "OP" class, if this game is still pretty p2w, you can just cheat yourself up with a 'weak' class.