Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

This Reboot Patch may rival Unleashed as the worst patch in Maple.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Mikhail's Royal Guard is sort of hard to activate, but maybe its because I was just doing it on regular mobs that don't have spells. Basically when you use it, it doesn't let you move and gives you maybe ~1s to be hit by an attack for it to activate. I don't know if it was lag or the thing only activates if a monster attacks you while the shield animation is up (the shield appears twice) but I could barely get to 2 stacks LOL.

3. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Maybe it relies on your latency?
    Or just mobs lol, seems simple here

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Yeah, that person missed a few too like at 0:27. It's definitely much easier at bosses since they're always hitting you but the timing is something you'll have to spend a bit to get used to.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Welcome to "The worst summer update in Maplestory History " lol

brought to you by Nexon....

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

maybe they're intentionally half assing it to get people to move to the sequel

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Sounds like a parrying skill.

I still think it's the kind of skill Paladins should be getting though, not Mikhail.

(On a side note, I've updated my impressions post on the first page.)

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Sounds like Nexon views Paladins less as Tanky Knights of Light and more like "elemental warriors" or some garbage, which is true to an extent considering that was what we were before big bang (where paladins actually gained a lot of defence). Shame elements stopped being relevant a long long time ago in this game.

Looks like mihile is the real paladin now ;-; might as well rename my class Spellsword or something.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

They've been saying this whole time that Paladins are meant to be tanks. I don't mind Paladins being elemental warriors, but at least have them be able to exploit their tankiness or there's absolutely no point in making them tanky.

And being an elemental warrior means pineapple-all if they insist on nerfing our damage to the ground because we're supposed to be "defensive" warriors.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Yea it makes no sense, they've been pushing for defense with big bang and hyperskills (sacro) and again with red (%hp damage resistance), but it seems like they've forgotten that. Their reasoning for nerfing blast literally was:

So right now Paladins are some weird mix of solo tank,average support with elements thrown in and zero damage. While KMSt Mihiles are an even better solo tank, less support and much higher dps.

10/10 balance Nexon

11. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

I knew if I sticked with Mihile it would pay off one day.

All it took was Nexon to nerf every other class into the ground while buffing the hell out of him.

E M P R E S S B O Y S.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

They need to do things one at a time. First, improve our QoL by reducing delays (yay). Then, look at bosses and damage mechanics to make boss fighting etc less insta-kill (seriously, DR still pisses me off). Then, give classes their flavour. THEN reduce numbers without adding too many silly cooldowns. They don't want to make some classes imbalanced and want to make every job's DPS on par, but all I see is just homogenization. I wonder if they really know how to analyse and adjust DPS. They seem to be making it more difficult to cap? Or maybe make spending money on cubes go a longer way? What on earth is their concept of "damage potential"? /endrant

I'll take Mikhail's change with a pinch of salt, since this is a first-pass change.

Hadriel

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Not sure if it's hilarious or sad that Mikhail became the new Paladin class and pretty much murdered the job to hijack their defensive properties.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Someone told me that this KMST update includes a tool to display your actual DPS in real-time. Something like that would be quite useful, both for Nexon and for the players. But I haven't seen anything about it on @HighOnMushrooms's blog, so I guess it either hasn't happened or is so poorly implemented as to be useless.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Yoz.

DPS is heavily dependent on skills and buffs used, summons, DoT, the monster etc. The concept of a real-time DPS display is next to impractical, not simply because of the conceptual difficulty and implementation challenges, but also needs to be easily accessible and have sufficiently detailed breakdown without having e.g. 10 lines of different things. Range by itself isn't a bad thing. We all know why damage calculators don't exist readily. I won't bet on Nexon to have a good implementation of it, but lets wait and see.

I suspect they will either have a new UI window, with some form of expandable/collapsible breakdown (this would be ideal, and extremely useful in fact). Let's assume it applies to bosses only i.e. it shows up only when it hits a boss monster. The alternative... would be a new readout on the tooltip when hovering the cursor over the skill.

Hadriel

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

From what I'm seeing some of these changes look good, most look bad, but I feel like some people could have some general fun out of it?

Spoiler

@Hanabira.Kage They changed Phantom's Drain this patch from what I'm seeing on Max's blog

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

What I'm talking about (or what I'm imagining) is not a calculator but a reporter. Like the gas consumption display in your car, or the FPS display from your video recording utility, it will show you how much damage you did in the past X minutes or seconds. Just adding up all the hits you did on all enemies, in a moving time window.
    Use it when you mob, use it on various bosses, get an idea of what is happening.
    If they see that, say, a level 140 Hero in clean gear does twice as much damage in one minute of mobbing as a level 140 Paladin in the same gear on the same map, then obviously there's a balance issue here.
    Or if you see that using a certain skill sequence on your Zero ends up with more damage than using some other skill sequence, you can optimize your own fighting techniques. (Some classes are actually complex enough that people can argue about the most effective attack patterns)

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Ah, I see. An FPS-type display could be very useful and probably easier to code. It's also less taxing on the server because it can be all done client-sided, then any FA-type triggers can be combined when the packet is sent from the server. I think that's very useful, as an up-front, on-the-spot thing. We'll discuss calculator vs reporter type DPS displays when Nexon actually releases it in the future.

Hadriel

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

Which is why I said they forgot to change it last patch. They wanted to make the drain skills heal a % of your MaxHP instead of being based off of your damage - that's not a change you'd give only to select classes.

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.11 - Skill Changes Part II

They removed stance from Mihile link are you pineappleing kidding me