Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [Complete] Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...cements/00IZF/

2. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

Is there a particular reason why GMS prefers a World 'Alliance' than a merge, other than of course having sentiment for the World name?

With so many worlds in the one alliance, I just find it sensible for them being merged as what JMS did and recreate a 'new' world. They also gave out chairs etc in remembrance of their original world.

Unless, I'm not seeing something. (oblivious Scanian)

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

There is the fact that each world still has separate characters, character cards, and link skills. Otherwise they would have to dump all of those character slots into the one world. Although I'm not sure how JMS handled their merge.

On another note, I'm glad the maintenance doesn't start until 7am, gives me time to finish the wind raider quest and do some dailies.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes. Also storage.

I have maxed char slots in Kradia, and also a character in Nova. After a merge I would have to have 33 characters. Where would they put them?
    I have maxed storage in Kradia, and 4 more slots in Nova. After a merge I would have to have 100 storage slots. Where would I get them?

Alliances are much much simpler. All the character data remains as it was. The only thing that happens is that when you log in to any of the worlds in the alliance, you end up on the same server computer.

Gives me time to finish up the Lovely Flame quest and get the 50 coins.
    Who schedules an "all day" maintenance on a day with an "attendance" type event with no spare days?

5. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Hey, I haven't played maple in a few years, but I have a bowman NPC statue thing. Someone had told me when they do this server merge that you won't be able to overwrite other people's statues anymore? Does anyone know the validity of this? My NPC is in Galicia I believe.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon

I have no idea whether the bug that allowed overwriting has been fixed.
    If you want your statue there you'll have to log in early after the maintenance to set it up.

7. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

As far as I can read:

- Max storage slots were expanded to suit the highest amount of slots between the servers merged and in some cases even more. If the max slots are exceeded, items can be removed from storage but can not be returned unless you have less items in storage than max capacity;
    - Mesos exceeding 10b were compensated; and
    - Same treatment for character slots, with nx spent on expanding the excess character slots being compensated.

Definitely a lot of space for error in a merge and I understand the simplicity for an alliance, but.. feels so patchy.

8. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

When they do, I don't know what to call them, actual merges, you keep everything. You have as many character slots and storage slots in one server as you did on each component server, but they're somewhat unusable. Each slot above the imposed maximum is deleted once the character is deleted or the item is removed from storage. Additionally, if you have more than 30 characters and 96(?) items in storage, you won't be able to create new characters or store more items.

9. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Okay cool thanks! I just checked and my statue is still there, so I take it whoever shares a rank with me doesn't play either. Do you know if theyre erasing the statues with this patch or will I be safe to just leave mine there as it is?

10. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

Physical world mergers is more akin to a database merge, or possibly a physical server merge or both, and hence the temporary expanded (but one-use) storage limit. There is probably a physical/virtual data size or entry limit that makes them prevent you from creating more characters once you hit that limit.

World Alliances conceptually seem more like a database share, or simply connecting several servers together as a bundle (but still with their individual addresses). Resource-wise physical world mergers take a great deal of manpower time, whereas world alliances probably need the least effort and also creates the least disruption.

Hadriel

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...%20Next%20Week

You'll need to recreate your statue.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Do you happen to recall if mine was still there as well?

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Blizzard did the same thing to WoW with a ton of servers. They "realm connected" low population servers with one another.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Connected_Realms

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

Might be a bit late, but I'm reminding everyone to trade your leaves for coins before the maintenance.
    Today is the last day, and I would be very surprised if the maintenance ends before midnight. (16.5 hours? Really? Not 16, not 17, but exactly 16.5? Since when are Nexon's estimates that refined?)

15. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they never brought them back up after a series of delays to keep everyone waiting followed by a heartfelt "ok we lied, we just needed time to evacuate headquarters before you found out we were shutting down, been great, bye!"

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

Ever the optimist, I see.

17. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

They haven't done a lot to encourage my optimism, recently.

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Had spare 15mins and made these icons

Khroa Alliance (a.k.a Broni)

GRAZED Alliance

MyBckn Alliance (a.k.a My Bacon)

If someone finds any use for these, use them how/where you like.
    Last edited by Satellite; 2015-06-09 at 01:47 PM.

19. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

I wish they'd let the servers that aren't effected go up when they're finished their regular maintenance.

20. Default Re: Scheduled World Alliance Maintenance - June 9, 2015

That's an odd choice making people re-make their level 200 NPCs... I highly doubt most of the first level 200s on each server are active or even have the time to hop on at midnight to create their NPC. They couldn't have just made multiple level 200 maps for each server?