Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2015

1. Default Re: E3 2015

Whoa, when the hell did they announce a Sen no Kiseki localization?

Cause that's like...four games in the series they'll be skipping over.

2. Default Re: E3 2015

You can read all about it in their tumblr post
    http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/12...s-localization

There's quite a bit of more info about it too, but I'm pretty sure it shocked a lot of people too... Niche games that people would never would thought come over to the west because of its huge script - I think around 1.7 million characters?

3. Default Re: E3 2015

Exactly. I remember reading the "Kiseki" series has notoriously long scripts and First Chapter didn't so so hot on sales, so I thought it'd be on the backburner for a long time.

It's kind of nice to read that these guys are so dedicated to getting these games out because they just love doing it.

4. Default Re: E3 2015

So far, Nintendo and Bethesda is really knocking it out of the park

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: E3 2015

Nintendo's WC was fun to watch for the most part, bethesda's conference was pretty good, but so much info for FO4 has me hyped for it, despite the fact that i wont buy it day one because mods in bethesda games is what gives the games itself alot of value.(tend to not replay a game alot)

6. Default Re: E3 2015

Personally, I don't bother with a game if mods gives a game more value than it's worth.

7. Flatpanel TV
    usa

you cant really do much without mods in Bethesda games. they always release their games with a bunch of bugs that never get addressed officially. without them, it can be CTD hell

8. Default Re: E3 2015

Let's see for fallout 4

The good:
    Crafting overall looks good and the gameplay seems like it was improved without being changed much, that's all fine and dandy.

However, i have a lot of problems with what was shown so far:
    Voiced protags, especially since it seems to only be 1 voice that you can choose. Even if there is a way to disable the voice entirely the fact that it had to be voiced to begin with means that all dialogue is limited by this to begin with. The fact that it seems to happen real-time as well instead of pausing while you chat also makes me think that disabling the voice and reading subtitles could honestly just be a bother more so than having a voiced protag is.
    Dialogue wheel, PLEASE BE SOMETHING UNIQUE TO THE CONSOLE VERSIONS JESUS pineappleING CHRIST BETHESDA, i pineappleing HATE dialogue wheels. They show you like 3-4 words of a sentence and then you have to hope the sentence was what you expected it to be, i want my full lines of text so i know what the hell my character is about to say and what my options are. Especially so if i return to a character later in the game and chat with them again, i want to be able to see what i asked them exactly or what i already talked to them about.
    I also really hope the dog isn't a forced companion or some pomegranate, i doubt it'll be, but still.
    And here's my biggest problem with what was shown so far: They seem to have removed and cut skills and traits in the way of generic traits. RIP proper character customization.
    Video of pip-boy:
    Spoiler

No skill or trait tab, only SPECIAL and Perks. Also note that at no point during the character creation or the pip-boy SPECIALS does it mention that a stat increases a specific skill, it's just very vague about "Increases chances with barters" or whatever.
    And here during weapon customization:
    Spoiler

It says that the gun required Rank 1 science, not a level of science but rank 1 science which heavily implies it's just going to be a perk you pick.

I wanted to get excited but i'm still just sitting here doubting that it'll surpass new vegas. Especially so because i don't trust bethesda to write a good story with good choices and consequences.

I might come off as very critical, but that's because i didn't think fallout 3 was a good fallout game even if it was a good game on its own and from what i'm seeing fallout 4 will be a fine game on its own but an even worse fallout game.

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

FALLOUT FALLOUT FALLOUT FALLOUT.

I disagree with your opinion. With mods, you can cater a game to your tastes. A video game company cannot make a game that will satisfy everybody. However, with mods, you can choose the mods that you want to enhance your experience.

11. Default Re: E3 2015

I understand but this is just a personal taste of mine. It's like eating a steak and you have the option of Bearnaise sauce. It should remain an option, instead of a requirement. I mod my Bethesda games, but I don't want to rely on something in where I need to mod it to enjoy it, I need to enjoy it straight up too.

12. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Microsoft conference is LIVE!

Starting with a mash up trailer including Lara Croft, Master Chief, Spartan Locke, Marcus Fenix and the Fable Thief. Plus quick intros of other characters, at the tune of Man of Steel soundtrack.

First Halo 5, introduced by 343 chief.
    Agent Locke trailer, followed by Fireteam Osiris gameplay showcase at the Covenant last base.
    That's one big map.
    Promethean Bosses.
    Big ass boss battles. I'm loving these.
    New big ass multiplayer mode, spartan players vs. spartan players vs. AI.
    Quite the epic scale.

Now to a new exclusive game, by creators of Metroid. It's called "Recore" and it's coming spring 2016. Looks ok to me.

Now xbox chief is on the stage.

OMG
    OMG
    XBOX ONE BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY! 360 GAMES ARE PLAYABLE!
    You just download the game on your xbox one. Insert the disc and it starts the game download on your xbox one, or if you own digital, it will automatically download when it's available.
    Available for everyone this holiday, over 100 games when it comes out (18 right now for preview members). They won't charge a single buck for games we already own.
    Can broadcast, screenshot, and play multi with 360 players.
    It's up to the developer to decide if the game will be playable on the xbox one or not.

Now Spencer is showing the new xbox one "Elite" controller.

Now Fallout 4 being shown in the xbox conference. They are showing the beginning of the game, including your own family droid and dog.
    End of Fallout 4 showcase. They are thanking Microsoft for their support. MODDING made on PC available for free on the XBOX version!
    The Fallout 4 xbox one version comes with the free Fallout 3 360 version of the game, playable on xbox one.
    EA now on stage.
    Talking about EA Access. Titanfall now available on the Vault. Dragon Age Inquisition will be coming to the vault now as well.
    All EA Access games in the vault will be free this week to xbox live gold members.
    Plants vs. Zombies 2 announced. Comes spring 2016.

Now, Forza 6, showing the Ford GT car. Forza 6 is the biggest game the studio has done. Looks great. 1080p and 60FPS, 450+ cars. Coming September 15th.

DARK SOULS 3!
    Coming early 2016.

Now Ubisoft's with Tom Clancy's The Division. A really good trailer.
    Ubisoft chief now on stage. Exclusive beta for the xbox one this december.
    Rainbow Six Siege sequel game announced. Comes with all previous Rainbow Six Siege 360 games for free, 3 games for the price of 1.

A new Windows 10 and Xbox One exclusive game being shown. Called Gigantic. Free to play.

Indie games being shown now. Mash up trailer. "Tacoma" first on xbox one and PC. "Asheen" Xbox one exclusive. Now a new indiegame called "Beyond Eyes", about a blind girl game. Now indie game "Cuphead". Several games announced, including Day Z.

Now Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay, it remarked being exclusive Holiday 2015. Looks awesome.

Wow. Rare Replay, a collection of 30 Rare games for 30 dollars. Battletoads, Conkers Bad Fur day, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie games, and more!

Sea of Thieves game announced by Rare. A pirate online multiplayer game.

Fable Legends being shown. Villain trailer. Free to play on both Xbox one and PC, with cross compatability, and everything you buy in one you get on the other platform. Valve VR partnership announced, plus the mention of the Oculust Rift partnership.

HoloLens showcase. Minecraft HoloLens version being shown. Crossplaying with surface and xbox versions. Looks very impressive.

Gears of War ultimate edition coming August 25. Public Beta now available.

GEARS OF WAR 4! Gameplay trailer shown.

Gamescon upcoming announcements announced. Lol.
    Crackdown, Scalebound, Quantum Break and more will be shown in Gamescon.

And it's over. I'm so happy with this announcements. It also looks like mods will come to more games than just Fallout 4. Can't wait for more info.

Last edited by Eliseo; 2015-06-15 at 02:42 PM.

13. Default Re: E3 2015

DOOM 4 looks really good, though I miss the specific atmosphere the music gave in the original games.

The gore in it, however, is superb.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Ok, Sony. Now's your chance to make PS4 work the same way and allow older PS games to work on the console.
    Otherwise this is goddamn amazing.

15. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Bethesda wins.
    Everyone can go home now

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

THE OLD REPUBLIC 3!?!???

OH

MY

GOD.

17. Flatpanel TV
    usa

Microsoft: its was aight, I felt bethesda's conference kept me on my feet longer(e.g i felt that doom's gameplay was superior to halos, and I have a longer halo history than Doom history). though the hololens technology and backwards compatability(they should really put an asterisk, as its not 100% backwards compatibility) was interesting.

EA's conference was better than I expected: What they successfully done was get me interested somewhat in things i was not interested in at all(PvZ:GW2, ToR expansion) and finally gameplay footage of battlefront.

not going to watch ubisofts conference as I have 0 interest in their IP

18. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Day 0 buy for me.

Also, I don't find Doom and Halo comparable. Don't know why, they are very different to me, and I play Halo A LOT.
    Gears of War would be a more similar title, I think.

New multiplayer mode for Halo 5:

12 red players vs. 12 blue players vs Covenant and Prometheans, massive scale, vehicles, aircraft, and more.

19. Flatpanel TV
    usa

its not that im directly comparing them because they are the same type of game, I felt as if Halo 5's direction was barely a nudge in the actual gameplay itself(in fact, I thought Gears4 was kind of uninspiring as well). Especially because the upcoming years are going to unveil a bunch of multiplayer shooters as several companies are trying to bring back tournament style shooters like unreal. The fact that Halo 5 was the first segment for Microsoft is already suspect to how much effort they are putting into it, as the work with the most anticipation and effort are usually put at the end, where the beginning is usually some standard title so that the lesser titles can be put in the middle.

20. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Perhaps, but I don't believe it. Halo was left for last with very little info last year. This year it's most certainly the most waited game for most xbox one owners.
    343i has been working for years on the title, and it's the reason why Halo MCC was outsourced to other companies.
    Plus, they are making quite a big deal of following fan feedback.
    In the end, this looks to me as a matter of opinions.

@Corn; it wasn't Kotor 3, it's another expansion to The Old Republic. At this rate Kotor 3 may never come.