Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Honestly no matter what they do will fail because other aspects of the game (leveling rate, content distribution, boss mechanics) are so out of line.

2. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Balancing all jobs and THEN releasing a new one?

Just watch it be ludicrously unbalanced, just watch.

edit:
    this

3. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Only been like months and I still don't believe we need another job.

4. ᗧ ᗣ ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Summer Update Plan

->Realized it says "new job" instead of "5th job"

I don't expect any kind of major content for MS1 in the foreseeable future. They're losing players (due to lack of content) but for the biggest bosses at Nexon, creating major content for a dying game is a waste of the effort or resources. That's probably why they told MS1 team to abandon 5th job and work on something that turns into quick cash in the short-term.

5. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

still hopeful the game will be revived

i think they should try to hold back their temptation to make more classes. harder to balance. game a bit out of control. fix the core problems of the game

6. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

It'll be beyond OP.

7. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

I think they would have "dropped" it because it's a massive effort at this time, not because MS1 is dying. They have to create 35 new jobs, some five or six advancement quests, and then potentially shift and balance skills in other jobs.
    Last edited by Jamesie; 2015-06-01 at 12:50 PM.

8. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Or you know... it's in development, but it takes a large amount of time. MapleStory has around 35 classes. Leafre was released in conjunction with the 4th job advancement which consisted a lot of content. (new systems, new advancements and skills, new quests, new monsters, new maps, new NPCs) - All of this needs to be created again if the 5th job advancement were to come out. Ideas, concepts, design, animation, storytelling and gathering of data are all a part of it.

It took Nexon approximately six months to create Black Heaven while other developers were working on content that you could consider 'filler', so that they were on schedule.

9. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Seriously, do you know how much work they'd have to do to add the Fifth Jobs? They were announced way too early.

First off, they have to revamp all the already existing classes, modify skill max levels and whatnot. (4th Job currently goes from 100 all the way to 250. So we will without a doubt see some max level reductions there.) Then they have to make new animations and skills for every single class in the game. Including ones no one gives a damn about like Mihile. While also trying to keep each class somewhat unique, sticking to their themes without homogenizing them. Which is MUCH easier said than done. And for the Legends, they're probably going to have to write new story for them and their advancements considering they were at 4th Job back when they fought the Black Mage years ago. Kaiser has to become even more powerful than his predecessor was. (Which would make him more powerful than Magnus, seeing how Magnus had to poison the previous Kaiser just to end the battle with a mutual agreed loss.)

And so on.

You can say what you want about MS churning out classes, but they do in fact put plenty of care into them. And even then, the main contributor for why it's taking so long is that they want to release them all at once. If they did them one at a time like most other kMMOs do for advancements these days, we'd already be seeing them, but it'd still take just as long for all of them to be released.

10. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

I was treating it as a hypothetical. If it were dropped, it would've been because it's just so much work. I think fifth job will come soon™.

11. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Actually, they changed how much sp characters gain from level 100-140, and all the skills end up getting maxed in that range, they shouldn't even have to touch 4th job skill max levels to add in 5th job.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

whose fault is that

13. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Remember when a new job being released was a breath of fresh air, a bringer of new exciting content?

Yea, me neither.

14. ᗧ ᗣ ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

True, but this is why they shouldn't have announced it before they were nearly finished with everything. When I saw that V at RED conference, I thought they had been working on this for years already, and I could expect it for the winter of the same year. That was not the case.

15. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

note to self for nexon: dont announce things you just started working on. Wouldn't be surprised if they announced RED back in 2009 lmao

16. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

The only job I could accept at this point is Orchid, because it was foreshadowed like 1 year ahead of release.

I seriously dont get why anyone would be concerned about job disparities anymore.

17. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

It was simply a teaser with no mention of a release date or ETA.
    Was it too soon to show this? Yes, I agree.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It was kind of necessary after they lowered the job advancement levels.
    That was incredibly premature.
    Having excess SP in 4th job, all skills maxed by level 180 or so, was pointless and incomplete. It was logical to expect 5th job to be released a few months afterwards. Obviously developing a whole new job for all existing classes - of which there were far fewer back then - was a large task, but we could assume they had been working on it for months or even years, before taking this first public step of lowering job advancement levels.
    When months went by and nothing else changed, and especially with the advent of Hyper Skills (which were NOT 5th job and did NOT use the excess SP and did NOT in any way require 4th job to begin at 100), puzzlement grew as to where the foreshadowed 5th job disappeared to.
    So they put that V in RED to say "Yeah, it's coming" and try to win more time.
    I have no idea why they started pushing out the changes before they had even a glimmer of a concept of what 5th job would be like.
    And even less of an idea whether they abandoned it or not.

19. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

On June 25 unprecedented summer update will take place
    Every Monday starting from the next one the information will be published via Developer's Notes.

From Maplestory Facebook.

20. Default Re: Summer Update Plan

Nerfing most tweaked jobs that much is sure unprecedented.

I truly hope the korean player base help them make up for what might be their very last chance.