Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

For me, it'd be when they implemented not only the accuracy penalty for fighting monsters over your level, but the experience penalty to it as well.

I can understand things being harder to kill if they're "stronger" than you, but decreasing the rewards for players who enjoy fighting things they can't one shot? Rude!

2. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Any update that added a class that made nearly every other class completely obsolete.

So pretty much all of them.

3. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

bonus points if it's an update that adds a class that is under most of the other ones.
    Cough lookin' at you mihile.

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

All of the accuracy, drop, and exp penalties related to your level being too low/high.

Also I need to mention the removal of pvp, because that was my favorite thing to do in this game.

5. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

When they gutted NLC to add in the pomegranatety aliens. Thankfully it's back now, so no hard feelings.

6. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Link Skill cap. That's all I'm saying.

7. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Potential system.
    How am I the first to mention it here?

8. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

blugh, yeah potential was awful. LEGENDARY tier was even worse.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Potential was not bad when it first came out.
    As long as we had the old damage cap, all potential did was allow the unfunded to reach it, by hunting for 3% or the insanely lucky 6% equipment drops from mobs. Cubing was only a shortcut.
    When the damage cap was raised, though, and it suddenly became beneficial - and necessary, for certain bosses - to cube everything you have to Unique and 15%+, that's when the game became pay2win.

The patch I most hated was Big Bang. It seriously made me want to quit.

10. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Unlimited/Unleashed got me fuked up

made the gap of the weak and the strong even bigger and they changed alot of pomegranate that was already fine

11. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Removing Lionheart Castle was annoying. It was the new "PQ era" for me. Back in the day I made friends in Ludi PQ, Kerning PQ, etc. Then as the community aspect was dying out, we got LHC. The game seemed social again. Sure there were hackers and exploiters, but that's an issue with the game, not the content.

Another pet peeve is EVERY BOSS CAN BE KILLED SOLO. And what's even worse, is people aspire to solo every boss. People don't aspire to raid together anymore, or create large groups to take down hard bosses. And in this same vein, I hate that statistics other than damage are almost pointless. Health doesn't matter anymore. Bosses do % health damage. There's skills that can't miss. So on so forth. It's stupid. This game could've continued to be so good. The new content in MapleStory is amazing if they pulled it off correctly... But they didn't!

12. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

This, 110% this ! Used to love to hunt for stuff from lower level mobs, now that fun is ruined, also kills the market when it comes to special/rare recipes. Lord knows how badly I'd love to have 1 Giant Bullet for my Corsair, just one. Hell I don't even recall if I have ever actually seen one before, maybe seen the recipe once in the FM long long long ago.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

gacha or whichever it was that opened the door to the hell we have now.

14. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Not simply that the damage cap was raised, but the amount that it was raised by. 999,999 was a good number, both visually and in terms of gameplay, if Nexon hadn't gone overboard and started creating bosses with absurd amounts of HP it would've still been fine, but the sheer fact that they multiplied the damage cap by 50 is just insane.

15. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

I agree with Mazz, I think since LHC changed and the 999,999 was gone I started disliking MapleStory quite quickly.
    Sure, LHC was infested with hackers.. but for the most time I had great fun running around doing 999,999 damage as a Paladin back then which felt awesome!
    Ooohs and wows and I could help people level up for fun and take them to boss runs from there or offer to help with anything else. It was a blast.

Now... I don't know where to go anymore. Nothing really brings people together anymore.
    And nobody needs my help anymore... I felt sad about that.

16. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Well, Mihile was the strongest class at the time it was released(like most classes) but it didnt last long sadly, plus Nexon leaving this class completely outdated doesnt help at all.

About the patch I disliked the most, it was Chaos patch as it was the begining of this game requiring to spend money in order to successfully do endgame content. Unlimited was what killed the game appealing for the though.

17. Default Re: So what change to maplestory rustled your jimmies the most?

Damage skins

I'm probably in the minority but pineappleing what?

18. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Big Bang was the worst rustler of jimmies nexon ever did with maplestory. My jimmies have still not been unrustled since then.

19. Neutron
    IGN: Ironclad
    Server: Bera
    Level: 100
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Guild: StonersUnite
    Alliance: Multiple Alliances.
    usa

Class overhauls, I was just fine with my bandit and the skills i had, after the overhaul i looked like a damn newb since i no longer knew how to use my class.

As thunderbro said, the drop penalties only hurt legit players more than the hackers, i had so much fun at omega sector hunting for some angelic blessing recepies, couldn't do that anymore.

20. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Potential is #1 for me but lets see...

- When they blocked EU account creation in 2007. I didn't really realize how bad it was that day, but it hit me hard later, and still does every time people make tons of accounts to farm event rewards.
    - Nerf on Genesis: originally supported this as a fair balancing effort, but the buff on other skills was way too little to make my bishop anything but a HS mule. Also soon started to miss the ability of easily getting rid of ppl ksing my aran.