1. Basic1 Considering Crit within the context of range.

Would it be correct to assume that if you have 100% critical chance that your range is the figure which accounts for your regular range combined with the boost gained from critical damage since you receive those 100% of the time?

I'm trying to figure out how to read range/damage calculations in a way where I can compare myself to other classes and associated range related milestone markers...but having 100% critical chance and being an angelic buster with a huge boost to min and max critical damage leaves me unsure which is more or less accurate. I feel as though in comparing stats the critical damage should be accounted in range, especially if you have 100% critical chance and the associated massive boost that AB's utilize, afterall I'm certain Nexon considers this when balancing the classes...but I can't figure it out beyond that and really don't know how to make comparisons between the range of one class and an AB.

Thanks for any help.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Considering Crit within the context of range.

comparing ranges between classes is dumb, don't do it. just as you have loads of crit chances other classes have loads of stats, loads of great skills to offset low damage, and many things that make comparing range between different classes quite useless.

also, nexon can't into balance.

3. Default Re: Considering Crit within the context of range.

Ah, ok. I was worried thats what the answer would be...frustrating when trying to set goals, lol. No other AB's to really try to beat, etc and it's difficult to determine how complete your gear is compared to what your mental goal is.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Considering Crit within the context of range.

best way is to compare +attk on weapon, total attack from equips, total main stat and total %stat from equips. at least that stays similar between characters (excluding xenon)

5. Default Re: Considering Crit within the context of range.

Solely looking at the critical component you can average it out by: Crit Rate x (Min Crit + Max Crit)/2 + (1-Crit Rate)

Or to simplify for 100% crit rate: (Min Crit +Max Crit)/2

and call it a "critical multiplier". You can use this to multiply onto range. Please do note that your class has a significantly higher weapon multiplier than your average class so as advised above not really recommended comparing range with other classes.

Compare something like soul summon damage, it's not affected by TD% and crit.

6. Default Re: Considering Crit within the context of range.

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. Really helpful to me as I'm trying to understand the nature of range with a background that isn't exactly focused on math. All this info is really interesting and helpful to me, I've been spending quite a bit of time trying to learn how all this works.
    Last edited by AshleyAttacked; 2015-04-30 at 04:34 AM. Reason: grammar