Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Tower of Despair

Here's what I've noted so far:
    Floor 10 Complete!

Floor 20 Complete!

Floor 30 Complete!

31. M-Exorcist. A very unusual Exorcist with a barrier theme. Has a few different attacks unique to him. He spams two in particular: one instantaneously creates clear shards at your location that hitstun you and cause minor damage (this can also apparently silence you), the other creates a rectangular prism that slams into you from either the front or behind, pushing you in that direction. He will use these two attacks to lead into his third, which creates a purple box at your location. If you get caught in the box you are silence and cannot move - you have to break it with regular attacks. He also creates 3 clear pillars in the middle of the arena - while these are up he takes massively reduced damage. You can break them by doing enough damage. Overall he is a low damage threat, but highly annoying.
    32. M-Fighter. Throws a small, fast ball of energy as a gimmick attack. The ball will either go basically straight or curve at a small angle either up or down in most cases. He also frequently has lightning drop on his location. Much easier fight than 31.
    33. F-Brawler. This cat is FAST. All of her attacks come out lightning quick. She'll try to Tornado Kick to close in on you - get hit and she'll chain into a knockdown and Mount and that's it for you. Also uses a really quick 4-hit Venom Mine and of course has poison blood that drips all over the place and can be threatening to melees.
    34. Rogue. Invisipeach. Near permanently invisible and has some moderately painful combos. Occasionally leaves white "cancel" style shadows as she moves to give hints at her location. Best bet is to toss out AoEs to "fish" for her and watch for the hit indicators. In general expect her to try to get in your face while invisible.

I know there are probably floor lists out there, but it's fun to discover what each new level of hell has to offer...
    Last edited by MasPan; 2015-05-01 at 04:39 AM.

2. Default Re: Tower of Despair

too bad won't get to see em all. The upper floors are fun

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Tower of Despair

I think the 10 floor is a random character from the players doing ToD, same as the one doing the shop labor on each floor.

4. Default Re: Tower of Despair

Could be, still odd that it would have a combination of Monk and Exorcist abilities. Unless Black Tortoise is a steal skill?

Floor 11 is giving me trouble on my Launcher, but I think I have a pattern down for her. It's a Rogue that throws a bunch of ice kunai with huge hitstun and makes an icicle that follows you around. Seems like my best bet is to slide past her while knocking her down with the dash-X, then turn and hit her with a Steyr shot. She's extremely resistant to projectile hitstun, so my channeled attacks are a horrendously bad idea.

5. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Floor 11 wasn't bad on Necro thanks to Black Web having immoblizing capabilities, and Nick being my meatshield. I nearly died only because she used a Rogue grab out of nowhere around 1-2 bars left.

Floor 12 had a Slayer with a Shooting Star that spammed bombs and oils all day making him a walk in the park.

As for Floor 10, I too saw a priest monk thing. He murdered me as soon as the match began because I had to summon Nick and he took the chance to close the gap and one-shot me. Killed him without another res though.

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

This apply to most if not all floors APC that i have encountered so far, They can usually run out of my Max Brands + TP mastery (So about 29 hits i think) Ghost orb before it explodes. Luckly they have horrible status resist, so most Hard CC will give you a lot of breathing chance.

7. Default Re: Tower of Despair

Yeah, Saya and Saya EX do wonders on them for my Bender, but sadly my poor Launcher is SOL in that regard minus Arctic Booster, which isn't available for quite some time in each floor. Did have 1 hilarious moment where I died on my Bender after casting EX Saya and was able to respawn while the circle was still active and kill the APC...

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Heads up, floor 13 and 14 are immune to freezing *cries*

13 is a Pexo that run for you and try to do the multihammer thing, dunno what else he may do.

14 is a witch that throws some weird poison potions that may induce various status effect (I saw poison, slowness and sometimes the whole screen went black).

Both are relatively inoffensive compared to the previous floors since they didn't do that much damage to me.

9. Default Re: Tower of Despair

Updated through to 14 based on Fenix's descriptions of 13/14 and my own experiences up to 12. Still really annoyed that I had to resort to cheesing the Ice Rogue with hand cannon jump attacks to repeatedly knock her down as I flew backwards to create distance. The timing window to knock her down but still be high enough to not get hit by a kunai was waaaaay too narrow for comfort - miss the knockdown and she nails you with a kunai anyway, wait too long to shoot and the kunai clip your feet. At least it made for a really simple pattern - jumpattack to fly away, nail her with Steyr, toss a quick Flame Pillar/Flamethrower/Grenade Launcher if I have time and then repeat...

10. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Update on monk of floor 13, he's got a few extra moves, the rising hammer than sends you upwards then wait for you to fall to hit a homerun, some kind of hammer smash that generates an quake AOE (Pretty big i may say), and dude got a lot of move speed and attack speed to chase you with. Also immune to stuns.

11. Default Re: Tower of Despair

This version of ToD is balanced for 85 so it is much harder.

12. Default Re: Tower of Despair

Totally fine with that haha. It gives me something to rage at every day.

13. Default Re: Tower of Despair

Deconfirmed. Froze both with Arctic Booster on my Launcher, though it might be a special case (seeing as it's 100% freeze chance). Mine is also a level 76 freeze, if that matters.

Also, M-Launcher can see floor 14's location even in the blackout because of the Awakening passive. We don't have much over F-Launchers, but god damn was that useful.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Weird, then again i don't remember if Freeze Nade got 100% chance to freeze (And i think i got freeze level on 73 or around there), and i do know that Ice Wave is not 100% either, i just thought since every other APC in the tower froze at the first try and those two almost never froze even when hit multiple times. Guess their Status effect resistance is really high compared to the others APC.

15. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Floor 15 was 3 rooms, a Launcher that spammed Extruder and a Crusader that used the res skill on himself and I think tried to heal a few times but never got the chance thanks to Nick. The next room had a FBrawler that used net a few times and had the water pillars that the Mermen or whatever in Iron Scale can make. She also used Neck Snap on Nick but that's all I saw before she died. The last room was a Battle Mage that did Battle Mage stuff (Gold Spear, Full Swing, the charge Nightna uses at the start of Floor 39), and she had an occasional pair of summons that would appear, also Battle Mages, who would use the rapid poke skill and end in a Full Swing.

Floor 16 was just some Male Fighter that cast SA, Nen Spirals, and some skill that made the ground burn where he walked, but that's all I saw since when he got close to me he did nothing but let the Spirals poke me.

16. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

How about the damage? on the floor 15? its gonna be annoying trying not to waste one coin per room lol.

16 should be fine using poke and run as long as he doesn't do anything else.

17. Lead Ball

Louisiana

The only thing that hit me in Floor 15 was the BM and I nearly died from one combo. I was almost out of mana by the time she died (had a sliver left).

The Nen Spirals did like 200-400/tick, not worth mentioning unless you decide to sit in the for a while

18. Default Re: Tower of Despair

I'm beginning to notice a trend - this place is infinitely easier on my bender than on my launcher, thanks to ghost step and saya/rhasa/phantasmal...
    Last edited by MasPan; 2015-04-21 at 07:00 PM.

19. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Just finished Floors 17 and 18 on my Necromancer.

Floor 17 had a MGrappler that didn't even give me a chance to move before he killed me, he might have even started moving before the timer ended. Took lots of kiting to beat him because Nick couldn't hold him with Black Web and Dead Man's Obsession wouldn't work either for some reason. I think I died twice total to him

Floor 18 was an Asura that used Murderous Wave (Killed Nick a few times, saw some 7.7k ticks on him, but I can say for myself) and Ground Quaker, I can't remember anything else though.