Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

People are really spoiled nowadays. Like even though they're keeping the Japanese audio for TMS #FE the fact that they slightly changed the main characters outfit not to show as much skin sent people into a rage.

2. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Well, honestly I think the only reason people weren't pissed off about this kind of thing from the beginning was lack of exposure; people just didn't know devs were doing it before the internet started pointing it out, and only found out well after they had finished the game, sometimes even years.

3. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

This is pretty minor in my eyes, I mostly care about censorship that affects the plot or character development in any way.

Mah waifus, though....

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

overblown but expected, when you keep censoring/change big things, people will push back even for the small things, because at what point it's ok to allow change? nobody knows.

5. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

This case is more important not because of the content but because it's the first time I can recall when a JP company has censored their own version as well. If I know the 11s who buy the stuff, it will also be the last time, not just based on all the hate mail they have been sending to America, but because historically they are very prone to reacting severely to things that they do not like. The Kannagi burnings and Aya Hirano's career being destroyed come to mind, but there are tons of other examples.

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

7. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Yes, those are the posts I was referring to. I've also heard people claiming there have already been tons of death threats to everyone involved in the decision on the JP side, both over the internet and through mail. Like I said, JPs are crazier than we are about this kind of pomegranate, no need for people who make an unpopular decision to make up getting mailed carcasses like the SJWs over here do.

8. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

June 28th is release date. Lots of people are saying the game is around 20 hours, but those are people who didn't watch cutscenes and skipped all the text, and only did normal mode, so I'm still not super worried about it. I heard the first estimate on a full playthrough today, at ~38 hours with postgame. Short, but not too much less than SO4 on normal was minus Wandering Dungeon, I did normal on SO4 with all PA endings minus postgame in 45ish hours, and did full postgame on Chaos with NO PA endings in over 150 hours. As long as they hold up to the standard of the final difficulty being batpomegranate hard, it should still get me around 200 hours, which isn't as much as SO3 or 4 but it's still good enough, especially for a game in this pomegranatety gen. I still remember dying in the tutorial fight 6 times in a row on SO4 in Chaos, and taking 5 hours to get past the first boss that takes around 20 minutes to get through on normal.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

The CE is really nice, but costs too much for my taste. Least I'll go for the "Day One Edition".

10. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

If you wanted another much more recent example of "JPs are pineappleing crazy", one popped up just today, apparently one of the Love Live girls' VAs did a JAV 8 years ago and there are already tons of dismembered figurines/burned books/hilarious usage of markers on posters.

I'll probably do the day 1 as well, nothing in the CE is interesting enough to merit that much money, though I do like the steel case.

11. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

The steel case is all I want, but 110 USD plus shipping is just absurd.. that's twice the cost of a normal AAA title! Will probably just stick with the day 1 edition myself.

12. Default Re: Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Well, a friend of a friend imported the game and she says the 25ish hour main storyline in normal is actually about accurate without skipping anything, and the postgame dungeons are not anywhere near on par in length with 4, much less 3. I really just wish devs would realize enhancing the graphics to their peak while putting length of the game itself on a backburner is not a good thing, 20 hours is the absolute bare minimum length a game can have and still be decent at, and it will never be "good" in my eyes at that length no matter how groundbreaking the combat or graphics are. Anything less than that I consider a tech demo at best, not a real game.

I really just miss 50 hours being the low end on RPG single playthrough length. I'm still going to buy it but it's yet another in a long string of current gen games that have disappointed me profoundly.