1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

I figure with the other thread locked, here's a thread for general stuff that either doesn't fit anywhere, or is minor enough that it doesn't require a whole thread for it. I also list community discussion because there's bound to be people that wanna talk stuff about specific people or players.

I'll start off with something that's making the subreddit all up in arms.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments...ity_assistant/

Rumor has it that a gold buying douchenugget got selected as Community Assistant (Community Manager?) by Neople. His fame was that he utterly destroyed the NA Elsword economy. He bought gold, buy expensive stuff from the economy, and then destroy it out of spite. Because he's a di'ck like that.

There's evidence linking the person, 1ld (1LastDance), with the one on DFOCore.

I'm definitely hope it's just a troll post, or a VERY elaborate poser, because god knows we don't need jackasses like this in DFO.

**I just checked the thread where all the drama started and apparently the 1ld dude got banned since his posts are now gone. Whelp.

On a more happy note, Neople is streaming right now on
    http://www.twitch.tv/dfodanjun

Right now they just finished showing self-intro videos showing people from all over the world showing their appreciation for Neople bringing DFO back. Really touching to see. Now they're having some Neople peeps about to show themselves playing DFO using the Knight. Their English is surpsingly good!

2. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

I think Imma wait for F.Slayer for Anore, gonna give Knight a new name.

Also, why didn't we make a thread like this before?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

We all wanted the familiar warmness of the the thread that essentially revived this sub-section back to life.

4. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

MFW @IllegallySane; gets featured on the DFO Twitch stream haha. MoreDakka is still you, right?

5. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

Well... We did, but Eos likes to lock them when they get very large. Something about we have a whole forum to use. Both Nexus and Core have similar threads though. It's a staple of DFO communities!

6. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

It's because NO ONE was using the forum, only that specific thread. When he locked it there was like two other threads in existence and they had almost no posts each.

There's a difference between a General Discussion thread, and a single thread that hosts everything that has to do with the game in any regard what so ever.

7. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

Maintenance has been extended for two hours.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Huh what when?!

Sadly that's not me anymore. I decided to take on an entire new set of IGNs since at Alpha creation the sky's the limit for what names I could nab.

Two other things, based Neople is based. Newly created characters now get a full FP restore potion that lasts 3 days:

Also, the Cash Shop has a 99k gold package for EACH class that gives 5 life tokens, 10 Remy Touches/Mana Aids, and a Copper Safe upgrade. It's only purchasable once per account, but since there seems to be a package for EACH class it looks like you can essentially buy the package TEN times, meaning up to 10 of your characters can get a Copper Safe upgrade and more life tokens. Neople continues to show how much love and care it has to give.

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

The starter package is one per account (Just bought one), and other chars could only see the avas package (Those are indeed 4 per class).

Also Fatigue potion is only for 2 weeks due to knight release apparently.

And for the love of everything that is good, don't waste your mileage extending the time of your avas, its just not worth it.

Also is someone gonna make the Tower of Despair General thread/Guide one floor per post? Gimmicky tower is Gimmicky.

10. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

Avas aren't perma?
    ; _ ;

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Not much you can expect for 9.900 gold lol.

You can make them perma by spending 100 mileage per piece apparently.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Oh look, I'm still missing Alpha characters. Shockhorror/10.

13. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

Just a note: it's worth it to extend the time on an avatar piece if it will be used cosmetically. i.e. as a skin for a clone rare avatar. Otherwise you're absolutely correct.

14. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

How many hours do you guys think a new player would take to reach the challenge levels? I just reinstalled after playing briefly maybe a couple of years back. Only got a ranger to level 20ish and was never good at the game, so I want to be realistic about what level I can achieve without losing out on extra rewards. Also, can you recommend me a flashy class that's good at soloing? I'm going to guess Chaos since it's new, but I would appreciate your thoughts!

15. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Assuming full FP bar without potions, 2-3 hours a day depending on how fast you clear epics and dungeons, for about 24-26 days. Maybe a few days lower since 2x pots and 2x events (if any). The challenge for 61 is good enough and its easy to reach that tier in 18 days or so.

16. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

61 is doable in 2 weeks actually, if you take adventage of the 2x exp event every weekend (assuming we still get them).

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

How important is "+1 Skill" on weapons? I recently hit 60, but I've still been using the level 50 "Legacy: Orochi of Reiden" on my Dark Knight due to the +1 skill level to all level 1-50 skills. Is it actually worth sacrificing the extra 100-150ish base weapon damage?

18. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

+1 skills on weapons is only really useful on fixed damage classes. You are gimping yourself pretty hard not using the most up to date weapon on a dark knight

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

So I have to get both my Knight to level 70 because I dared to challenge myself, and my Ranger to a high enough level to get enough tears to make his growing weapon permanent. Whelp, ain't this rather masochistic when a convention is rolling around the corner.

20. Default Re: DFO General Chatter/Community Discussion

The weapon should only take 4-7 days if you're using a full FP bar on the character. Level 70...have fun min-maxing your grind haha. I'm just happy to have hit rank 3 of the Explorer buff today.