IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Mage Discussion

All right, I made this thread so that anyone playing a Mage can come in with their questions, concerns, skill builds, etc. It's a bit more organized to keep class discussion separate from the general Help thread, I believe!

So! A question to my fellow Battle Mages! Have you noticed that Pole Mastery's now on par with Spear Mastery? With Poles having faster speed, they seem better than Spears now, basically evening out the physical damage they don't give on the weapon itself because Pole Mastery now gives the same damage as Spear.

Kind of makes me sad, I've been a Spear mage forever. I'm probably never changing that, though.

Also, what are your current builds like? Going physical or magic? I was debating on switching over to magic, but NAW. As much as I love the destruction behind Chaser Press and the like, I just can't let go of the style I've gone with for so long, I love it too much.

2. Default Re: Mage Discussion

It may be more accurate to rename this thread "Female Mage Discussion," in my opinion. The differences between F and M subclasses, I feel, are enough to warrant the distinction.

OT: I'm trying to make my Ele happen again. I snagged the name Micro, so that's something, but MM spam is just too real for me right now.

3. Default Re: Mage Discussion

I'm going Magical Pole for my Battle Mage

I love my Chasers and Time Bomb. The only thing I hate is that I'm so damn squishy.

EDIT: SKILL RESETTING IS FREE NOW?! THANK YOU NEOPLE!

(Apparently, Nexon's version was the only version of DFO/DnF that had to pay for reset)

4. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Pole mastery is actually BETTER than spear mastery now since it gives mcrit on top of everything that spear does.

5. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Thinking of going some sort of hybrid on Battle Mage here. Currently I'm planning to have physical spear with quad Chaser, Chaser Press,and Time Bomb.

Something along the lines of this for 70 cap: http://dnf.duowan.com/s/jnmn/mfs.htm...BKBKBBBBFGB___
    Alternate options being:
    ->1 GSD, max Focus Phys+Magic Critical, max Phase Shift
    ->1 GSD, SP dump into Meteor Dash

While Pole Mastery does give magic critical rate, I do wonder how that weighs against Combined Training with a spear.
    Combined Training is BaM's 2nd awakening passive whose primary function equalizes STR and INT by increasing whichever one is lower to match the higher.

6. Default Re: Mage Discussion

This is now battle mage general.
    For whatever reason I prefer shooting chasers into people's eyes instead of stabbing them. (However nothing beats punto wave chaser machine gun spam)
    I've been pumping points in to only fire dark and neutral so I can have sp for stuff like library, time bomb, fusion etc.

Fusion chaser with one type of chaser is awesome as well. Pop all the things.
    At first glance all the chasers base damage are the same, right? I was used to fire and dark just flat out being stronger, so I decided to try it again, and it's a literal blast.

I want teana.

7. Default Re: Mage Discussion

I originally was planning on maining a BM, but I think I'll run a witch. After seeing GenieWiz, all dat furnace spam makes me want to main witch now. Although, if SB creatures become available I'll probably main a summoner as I did on kDnF. IGN Empress is saved for my Lunar Empress. :3

As for Witch discussion, what builds is everyone running so far? Currently just going with AoE build, max EMM and Swatter, as well as Festival and AM but I'm still swimming in SP. Only level 3x though.

8. Default Re: Mage Discussion

If you're swimming in SP, get Elemental Burn. You don't even need to go out of your way to light all the marks; you'll keep at least 2-3 lit from general skill usage. Max Ancient Library if you haven't. If you do run into SP issues, AM should be the first thing to go.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Mage Discussion

*cough*Creator master race*cough*

10. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Got my Summoner to 40s earlier.

It seems Echeverria no longer requires a T2 sacrifice. Although, the readout still displays "Greater Spirit Sacrifice Count: 0"

Mass Teleport is a pretty neat skill, a slightly hefty cost of 50 SP however, maxes at level 1. It's essentially an instant blink for all your summons to you, great for Train into Lasher rebuff & when their pesky AI decides to derp out.

11. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Well I'm certainly torn. I'd love to use that updated skill builder if not for the fact that I can barely understand it. I'm starting to think I should try a hybrid build but it's confusing knowing exactly how much SP I'd be using. :U

What I do know though is that I'm not letting go of being at least physical ever.

12. Default Re: Mage Discussion

If you're referring to the CDnF one I used, it's fairly simple.

CDnF planner guide

EDIT: Didn't want to double post or such.
    Just got awakening into Bellatrix. Teana seems fairly decent now. Battle Groove thresholds are strange, 2/4/8/28/56/116 Combo Count respectively. With the way BGroove works now, it may be worth maxing.

Regarding TP skills:
    Basic Training Upgrade - May be highly worth considering as a BM. I notice Basic Attack is usually up there on DPS. This is multiplicative, level 1 gives +10% & pushed my BT skill from 282% up to 310.2%. I remember how people use to say this was bad.. lol ~.~.
    Chaser Launcher Upgrade - Chaser Launcher is in the top 3 for DPS if not rank 1(which almost always seems to be). An extra 10% feels like it'll add a large chunk of DPS overall.
    Stabbing Wheel Upgrade - Apparently this allows for multi-targeting. I can't try it out until later (1 TP short :/), but if it does, 1 level into it is going to be likely core.
    DPS reference
    Last edited by PeePeeAyeDeeKay; 2015-04-01 at 10:25 AM.

13. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Do magic crit and magic rear attack passives have any use on a summoner? Like, do they increase the crit/damage of the summons?

14. Default Re: Mage Discussion

In those images, are you running a more physical or magic oriented build? One thing I noticed lately (focusing on magic) is that I've been so busy generating and spamming chasers that I barely use basic attack at all, but you have it in your top 3 most damaging skills. I've been wondering if I should try to work it into my playstyle, though things die all the same.

15. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Physical focused, but aiming to be slightly hybrid.

I chaser spam as well, and it adds so much DPS (not to mention it's almost always rank 1 on overall DPS). Seems that I tend to primarily use Basic Attack, Dragon Fang, Sky Assault, and Palm Blast constantly moving around keeping them airborne or on the ground in conjunction with weaving in Chaser Launcher.

Unless they nerfed the first hit of Basic Attack for BMs, it should still have the chance to deal increased damage.

My current build at 50 is:
    Spoiler

Not worth it in my opinion. Summoned Creature Aura covers that and more. I read they don't affect summons, however, I'm not 100% sure.

Level 11 gives me 22% P/M Attack and 44% P/M Critical Rate @ 833 range. The growth for this is at the rate of +2% attack, +4% critical rate, and +33 range per level of SCA.

At level 70 you should have lv 19 SCA giving +38% attack and +76% critical rate @ ~1100 range.
    At level 85 you should have lv 24 SCA giving +48% attack and +96% critical rate @ ~1267 range.
    Last edited by PeePeeAyeDeeKay; 2015-04-02 at 01:02 AM.

16. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Got to 4x on Ele. Probably some of the most fun I've had in a while.

Still wondering if I should just use Cube skills to run dungeons, or just duo with another non-mage and save my cubes for later.

17. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Cube in dungeons. Hell, cube every room. As long as you're grinding your blues, you'll have an excess of CCFs. Your goal as an Elementalist is to see if you can clear every room in the dungeon by casting only one spell per and then one shot the boss.

18. Default Re: Mage Discussion

You could get crit if you want . Mark the target is very high on the dps for strong mobs. Still probably better to put elsewhere. You could forgo panzor for maxed ele brn. 500+ int for lvl 70 is nice

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Made a new witch and i'm loving Elemental Burn. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the class way better than I did during the Alpha, I'm guessing there must have been revamps.

20. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Are Male Mages allowed in here?

Since they're still taking a while with the Alpha accounts, I went ahead and made a Glacial Master. Grand Shatter is the best skill ever.

Also, from what I've read, Ice Trap can crash certain people. Anyone know if this bug still happens?