Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mage Discussion

1. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Which second level summons are the preference? I haven't really been using them but I saw there's an EX passive for +1 summoned; I assume it's best to stick with one since it's 5TP each. The lightning one seems pretty nice with the lightning bolts flying everywhere, but I don't know how the fire one's doppleganger works, it might be amazing and I just don't know it.

2. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Nope get 2. Standard probably Aquarius + glaerin or flame hulk. Dead Burger just sucks in general.

There are a LOT OF BUILDS you can play with now for max level. Sac build + summy etc etc. Everything works fine pretty much.

Pretty much standard build I suppose goes

Choose a t1 to max
    get 1 point in the passive sac for that t1 ( so you get double summons)

Typically choose Aquarius + Glaerin/Flame Hulk ( get the tp skill for both)

Max Lasher and 2 points in spirit summon (TP Wise)

Ex Sandor / Louise / Echeverria / Freet / Hodor
    Minimum everything else

Now you can play around with freet/hodor points / even one of the t2 for other stuffs like Ele burn / maxing sandor / maxing a sac passive.

I've tried various builds and currently they all work completely fine so wutever you like pretty much.

3. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Anyone have a good Witch skill build? I'm basically just levelling up all my machines except Acid Rain/Gravitas lol.

4. Default Re: Mage Discussion

I'm skipping on Freet, his damage is static so it's already way lower than the others and I'm not even capped and power creeping with +749242974 gear yet, plus his AI kind of sucks comparatively anyway. Aquarius is the must have in your opinion, then? I'll get it as a second once I have enough TP, right now I have a rod with +2 Glaerin so probably smarter to use it right now.

Is EX Sandor the Enraged Black Knight 70 skill? Can you only summon one of them at once or is it a passive upgrade to the base?

5. Default Re: Mage Discussion

EX Sandor is an entirely different summon and can be summoned alongside regular Sandor.

6. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Even if Freet is fixed as you put points into summons(applies to most summons or all) their cooldowns on skills decrease. Smacking him with lasher and letting him go nuts shooting fireballs does a good bit of damage. If you are choosing percent over fixed then realize leveling fixed will probably beat out percent in every case as you won't have decently reinforced weapons. Also you can have sandor / ex sandor out same time.

7. Default Re: Mage Discussion

It is probably more beneficial to max Hulk over Freet, in my experience he works much better and at higher levels you get a clone of him. Also having more spirits will increase Eche's damage if you decide to run Eche chrons later on, but I haven't really researched whether Eche chron3s or T1 chron3s are better. Only contract summons you want are Louise and Range Sandor and maybe regular sandor, that way you can also max out Elemental Burn.

8. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Dark is the worst for pve before. Maybe something like this? I have no idea what that skill at lvl 40 is. But this is basically the build I had on nexon dfo.

http://dnf.duowan.com/s/jnmn/mfs.htm...VBAQNNBIFAB___

9. Default Re: Mage Discussion

http://dnf.duowan.com/s/jnmn/mfs.htm...AAFAAAAAAFAF__

This is a pretty solid end game build when 2nd awakenings are released. Given that CDs on machines are pretty low and you'll probably have some chron gear, spamming furnace and collider is your best and really only need to buff the hell out of those two. I used to be a very solid advocate for running swatter, but SP becomes really tight if you want to run all AoEs. You probably could drop Acid Rain and Befriend Frosty and Max out Befriend Pluto and Swatter to really get the most benefiet, and I only really suggest that because swatter with homonculus has the chance to create homonculi that follow you if I understand it correctly.

Again, end game build. Trying to run it early on might be boring as pineapple I suggest staying away from Burn and AM early on so you can run swatter and maybe ice car to get you through dungeons better.

10. Default Re: Mage Discussion

Is jacky not a good max?