Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/25/po...hts/index.html

Oh I feel so sorry for the religious people feeling attacked because they aren't allowed to say whatever they want any more. This is such a bullpomegranate move.

This will all come burning down to the ground the moment that a religion other than Christianity tries to use this law to deny service to someone, or if a Christian gets denied service for whatever reason. It's so damn transparent.

2. Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

How the pineapple does this stuff get passed? Isn't this blatant violation of the Constitution? How do pieces of trash like this even get into the positions they're in, blows my damn mind.

3. Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

"it essentially says, if a government is going to compel you to act in a way that violates your religious beliefs, there has to be a compelling state interest."
    If I understand correctly the bill makes it so that you can apply religious laws on private property?

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

By appealing to the highly religious and conservative, i'm guessing.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

A way that violates your religious beliefs?
    There's a religion that forbids you to do business with sinners?
    Are these businesses going to also turn away hetero couples living in sin? People of other religions? People who take the Lord's name in vain? (As in "Why the Hell can't I shop here?")

Well. Good luck to them. I'll just have to take my business elsewhere, and I hope everyone else does, too.

6. Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

This law is a blatant violation of the spirit of the first amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

No law respecting.
    The definition of respecting is "with reference or regard to."

What this means is, if any law is created, that is in reference to religion, in any form whatsoever, it is null and void, because it is disallowed under the united states constitution.

However, the loophole he used, is quite simple. State governments are not, the united states congress, which is what is referenced in the wording of that amendment, which is really, really pomegranatety.

The first amendment really needs to be reworded to something like "The United States Government shall make no law based primarily on the doctrines of any establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

7. Default Re: Indiana passes Religious Freedom Bill

He (or they?) clearly do not know how to handle conflicts in beliefs and religions, which then extends to the fact they he/they do not know how to handle religious conflicts.

A very disappointing display of immaturity.

Hadriel